Starting sole source

How's everyone doing?

Day 2 done!! :) Though I did fall asleep at 7pm after work and just work up so I could have 2 shakes lol. Think that's the hardest part done now as stomach is shrinking.

Which is harder for you all... week time or weekend? For me as I'm a teacher I find the week slightly easier as from 8am til 5pm I'm kept occupied.

Cheers for the help guys and well done to you all!!

I find evenings the worst. I am fine during the day at work and weekends I tend to be busier than evenings so I am fine then too. Other peoples food is always a problem for me at night.

Day 3 done! :) My partner went out for a meal with friends and I struggled not to quit and then spilt a chocolate shake all over the kitchen!! Bad idea to take the blender lid off before stopping blender!!!

Day 4 tomorrow....when do people hit ketosis?I seem to think it was the end of day 4 is that right?

Thereabouts, yeah. Takes me around 5 :(

Hey dg, doing good thanks. Been craving vodka and a mcd's today - odd cos normally I don't bother with either!!! Go figure, innit. I've been SS+ing it this week, decided I will do that in work and then SS at weekends. I struggle with no food in the week. I will see what 2nd weigh says and decide if I need to up the ante, you know. Not seen much from others on here though. I'm feeling fine in myself though, weirdly fine.. Bought some home scales (I know I shouldn't weigh!!!) lol and they reckon I am 10st 12lbs which makes a loss of another 3lbs. I'm going to go by the CDCs scales as official tho, mine are here to weigh when I'm dreaming of munching crap!!

Hello everyone,

Here's my 2p - daytime is definitely worse for me, I seem to be better in the evening even though I've always been a late-night snacker. Also, I work out of my home so I more or less don't notice the difference between week and weekend.
I'm on day 10 but I must say that ever since day 7 I've been just starving. Well, today seems better than the last 3 days at any rate. My stomach is still rumbling but I suppose not as much (or maybe I've tuned it out). I wonder if something could have kicked me out of ketosis? I've been 100%, the only thing I did was on day 6 I took 2 psyllium capsules and later found out that they contain both calories and carbs. Could something so minor kick you out of ketosis?

At least it sounds like you are all doing fine, so it gives me some hope that I'll level out at some point :D

Hi Cheesegirl, problem with Ketosis is that it won't necessarily take the hunger away totally (someone else on here told me that...:( )
I was hoping K would kick in, euphoria, skinnyness and water to follow in that order... Alas, us mere mortals need to keep at it. I'm feeling better than I had, but I think thats more to do with determination x

I know what you mean, Sauce. If it wasn't for sheer determination I wouldn't have lasted even this long. I find that I try to talk myself out of CD, that it's too expensive and that I should just do my own fruit & veg diet and then thankfully the rational part of me says listen, if it was that easy you'd have done it long ago. I like the strictness of the diet, I guess I need a set regimen.
Luckily my bf mostly eats things that I wouldn't touch on the worst eating binge, so that's a help:eek:

LOL yeah that is a help, and yeah you're right. This diet gets you to the fruit n veg stage, its actually a really good idea to cut food off really. To think more about it. I'm not really a junky eater, my issue is drinking and crisps... But I saw something on here which made amazing sense. If your body and you can function on say 600cals a day for example, or less at 550, then why on earth do you need over 2000..? Thats all us girls need, yet when you are having say 500cals consistently over that you start to pile it on. This diet makes me think about how and what I will/would eat. I think its really unhealthy to not think or talk about food - after all, you cant stay on the CWP forever!! We'd be like bags of bones!! Sauce xx

p.s - I keep seeing the skittles advert, my mouth keeps watering..! :gimi::gimi:

So true, food is part of our daily lives and trying to pretend it doesn't exist would be sheer madness. This diet actually does make you think, I mean so many times I've caught myself thinking, right now I'd be eating this or that, when in reality I'm not hungry. It seems I've been eating for all the wrong reasons, i.e. bored, angry, stressed, etc. so this really is a time to re-think that. I do enjoy eating, but so do many of my friends and they're a normal weight.
AND ABSOLUTELY, every time I watch a film and see people drinking wine and eating I think oooohh, just a nice little glass of something chilled... but alcohol does bring out the eater in me more than anything!

Yep, alcohol makes me a munchy demon!! x

Haha I do love the random craves!! Vodka lol I did nearly cry at a McD's advert last night. Lol

When is your weigh in day? Mines is a Wednesday but I see my councillor everyday at work, she's great but it's great as I have the pressure of not being able to give up as I don't want to fail her if that makes sense.

I know what you mean about the scales!!! I weigh 3lbs less on mine that hers... I think it's a conspiracy!!!!

Right I'm off to watch Britains got talent with loads of water and a shake!! Living the dream! :)

Its defo a conspiracy to get us to buy packs... lol. Yea I'm a Weds too, and yep I have a black coffee, water and my shake in reserve for BGT :)

Is it just me, or are there really a phenomenal amount of ads on TV for food/fast food? I was watching a programme the other day and four out of five ads were for food!! Maybe I'm just noticing it more now because of CDing.

C x

YES!!!! I noticed that too. :D

C x

Day 5...going well so far :) next Friday it's a friends 30th and I'm desperate to fit into a shirt I bought recently... down to 16st 13lb :)

You are so right C though, food is advertised and talked about sooooo much. I think it should be banned!!! Ok that might be taking it too far

Dietingguy is that a 6pm loss in 5 days? If so, that's fantastic- keep it up, you're owing really well and it won't take you long to get to 15st, I'm sure.

I think a ban on food advertising is probably taking it a bit too far, perhaps they could limit it to one foodie ad per ad break, counter balance the food ads with ads for diets, or transmit one of those public health-type warnings at the beginning, something like:

"The following advertisement contains images of food"

What do you think?

C x

Arrrrgggghhh, sorry about typos - I din't know how to turn predictive texting off on this thing. It's driving me nuts! Last post should have said '6lbs' and 'doing' not "owing".

C x

Back