Step2 810kcal Starting today, excited about changing my life :)

grumbletumble

Silver Member
I finally got my doctor to sign my form, so I'm starting Step 2 today!

I've tried the CD quite a few times before but struggled. This time I feel really positive. At the moment I'm feeling so tired & heavy, I have constant headaches, aches & pains, so really the 2 weeks of getting used to the weight loss plan can't be much worse!

I've had nearly 2 weeks to think & prepare as I had to wait so long for a doctors appointment. I've decided to get rid of my scales. Last time I think I weighed myself 10+ times a day! I was obsessed! This way I should have a nice surprise when I get weighed at my weekly meeting.

I need recipes for 810cal meals if anyone has them? I don't eat meat but I do eat fish (occasionally) so if you could share recipes, that'd be great! :)

Hi Grumbletumble. My name's Julie and I started last Saturday, I completely empathise with how you're feeling so maybe we can buddy up and gee each other along.... I've not weighed myself yet, althought the temptation has caused me to out the scales away!

I made a nice Indian type meal the other night with 120g quorn marinaded in 50g Total 0% yogurt (from milk allowance). I cooked this so it was tandoori style. I served it with a type of Dahl made with 30g lentils, Simmered in stock made from he golden vegetable water flavouring with some garlic, Chilli and spices. Threw in 40g cauliflower until it was tender and then some spinach at the last minute. I used another 30g of the total 0% with some more garlic to dollop on top.

It was really tasty and all within daily allowance. Couldn't believe how much you can get if you use the allowances carefully.

There are also stickys on this site that give lots of recipes too.

Good luck :welcome2:

Hi Grumbletumble. My name's Julie and I started last Saturday, I completely empathise with how you're feeling so maybe we can buddy up and gee each other along.... I've not weighed myself yet, althought the temptation has caused me to out the scales away!

I made a nice Indian type meal the other night with 120g quorn marinaded in 50g Total 0% yogurt (from milk allowance). I cooked this so it was tandoori style. I served it with a type of Dahl made with 30g lentils, Simmered in stock made from he golden vegetable water flavouring with some garlic, Chilli and spices. Threw in 40g cauliflower until it was tender and then some spinach at the last minute. I used another 30g of the total 0% with some more garlic to dollop on top.
''/'

~
It was really tasty and all within daily allowance. Couldn't believe how much you can get if you use the allowances carefully.

There are also stickys on this site that give lots of recipes too.

Good luck :welcome2:

Hi Julie! :D
Thanks for replying! :thankyou: How are you finding everything? Do you think you've gone into ketosis yet? I'm looking forward to feeling like I have to drag myself out of bed and drag myself around throughout the day!
That indian dish sounds yummy! I was going to make the dahl recipe from the book tonight & freeze the rest so I'll have quick meals. I'll still have to cook for my daughter & sometimes my partner (who will both be having separate things!)
I'm going to miss tomato & peppers as I used to make my own pasta sauce, but I'm sure there are plenty of things I can replace it with!

Well done for not weighing yourself! Are you having your weigh in tomorrow? Good luck! :cross:

Glad your Dr signed the form so you can get going now. I'm no help with the recipes I'm afraid but here for moral support! Very brave throwing away your scales - I couldn't do it - I need to weigh every morning - but only the once!

Good luck - looking forward to seeing your recipe ideas ;-)

It's hard getting rid of the scales! I'm itching to get on them today! I asked my partner to hide them, so I could go hunting for them but I know I'll regret it!

I made the indian dal last night, it was really tasty, but I'm feeling a bit bloated today! I'm a bit sensitive to onions, spices & lentils! I blended it to a smooth soup but froze the rest lumpy, so might try the next lot with chunks.
Tonight I think I'll have quorn fillets covered in yogurt with some herbs & lemon juice.

Hi everyone. How are you today? No weigh in for me as my lady travels quite a distance so only every two weeks but she's been phoning me to see how I am which is really encouraging. I think I might have gone into ketosis mid week, certainly no rumbling tummy. I have been feeling hungry in the evenings but I think that's my brain remembering old habits of picking after my tea rather than me actually being really hungry, if that makes any sense to anyone else..
I'm actually visiting my dad today and he's being fab, we would normally have Chinese take away but he is going o cook us a cambridge friendly egg foo yung type omelette :)
have you manage to avoid the scales yet, I was very tempted yesterday morning.
Sorry to hear the Dahl made you bloated, the quorn sounds lovely though.
when are your weigh ins ladies?

That's great you're in Ketosis, how long has it taken you? It's hard to get out of the habit of snacking, maybe put a note on the cupboard or fridge door...saying do you really want that?
It's really good of your dad to help you along the way, I never have dinner at my parents so luckily I don't have the temptation of other food.

I went searching for the scales earlier, but couldn't find them hehe, I'm glad I didn't!

I just had a yummy dinner!
For protein I had 1/2 the quantity of quorn fillet, sprinkled with soy, lea & perrins & tikka seasoning, I splashed a bit of milk on to coat it all. Then 1/2 the quantity of cottage cheese on a 50g flat mushroom, sprinkled with chives & pepper. Both cooked in the oven for 25 mins. Then 15g lambs lettuce & 15g of watercress with balsamic vinegar. Omanomanom
I get weighed on friday by the way.

Hi leanne1 yes I do. I take it you go there too? My names julie, and I live in aberdeen.
Think ketosis took me about 5 days. Your dinner sound yummy! Ours was really good. I'm thinking of finding a picture I hate and I lov when I was skinnier, Maybe if I stick them both on the fridge it will inspire me or put me off depending on my mood lol

Hi jc24 i was going to join the peterhead lady as i could not get one in aberdeen! Real delay in ppl gettin back to me apart from Cat. But eventually got one but really looked like cat was successful. Im 34 live in aberdeen and hav lots to loose x

That's ok I've been called worse ;)
yeah I was the same, was v disappointed when the ladies didn't even get back to me to say they were full. I decided to go with cat instead of waiting any longer. How are you getting on?

On day 8, had really really good better than i expected, apart from
My sleep pattern x

Hiya. I've not worked out weight as I get too obsessed and if I set a target weight and can't get to that EXACT figure it will drive me insane! I realise that makes me sound daft but hey. So I'm currently a size 18 although managed a 16 in a pair of jeans yesterday, I'm looking to get to a 12, I'd love 10 but think 12 is a more realistic target.
How about you? Where did you find your consultant?
Yeah I'm now on day 8 and its much easier hunger wise don't you think? How are you finding the foods?

Hi i found my cdc in newmachar she was on 5 week hols in oz,know when you just decide your going to do it and people didnt get back,but on it now! :) im a size 20 and got three stone or 12 weeks on this plan as my first target.i need things to work toward and that is mine at moment x goodluck, first weigh in tomorrow (day 10) eeekkls x

Oh we'll, fingers crossed :fingerscrossed: but I'll bet you've done amazingly. I've heard that the lady in newmachar is fantastic. Yeah I've put my ticker

Oops hit the send button :ashamed0005:. I've put my ticker weight as taking me back into healthy weight but I haven't put a time on myself.

First day iv struggled little today, not helping that im occupying myself cooking and baking. :-/

Back