Starting tomorrow.. anybody else new?

welcome & good luck to all our new starters... the diet is fab and as trudy says once you get over the other side its great LOL

wobbly i too was a milky coffee with sugar drinker... I now take mines black with 2 candarel sweetners.... when ppl forget and give me it with milk i almost throw up now .... getting the first few cups down you helps

Wooohoooo well done wobble, hope your second day is good, be prepared to feel a bit low over the next 48hrs, you might be one of the lucky ones who don't but most of us do in attack but it will defo pass and you feel amazing once your on the 'other side'!!!! LOL

I totally agree with this, i felt terrible for the 1st 5 days but i got through it and so can you, Always keep some paracetamol close. I also found it really helpful to have a Coke Zero mid day as it settled my sweet tooth.

Good luck

xx

Sorry, only getting back on now, day 1 went well :D I don't think I was actually hungry at any stage! Weighed this morning and down just over 2lbs from yesterday :)

Day 2 going well too, haven't been starving yet, was hungry just before lunch. No head ache yet today, got one yesterday afternoon so might get one yet.

Feeling good so far, no complaints yet! Will hopefully get back on later!

FF

Day 2 down, YAY

Had a great day, haven't been hungry at all but made sure to eat when I should. Loads of liquids and a good walk this evening. I do get tempted every so often by the kids food but I feel good so sticking with it :D

How's everyone else doing?

FF

Thanks for all the helpful tips Kate and Ellie.. managed a few cups of coffee in the end yesterday - I'm sure everyone will be glad to know that :D

Down another 2.2lbs!! That's 4.6lbs in two days!! Ridiculous :D

Great to hear that you're doing well too FatFrog!! I'm not hungry either although even better than that, I'm not craving carbs at all - maybe it's too early? Maybe my body doesn't know what's happening yet and when it figures it out it will go ballistic looking for carbs?

I can picture myself running around like a lunatic snatching bread and sweets from unsuspecting members of the public :eek:

Hope all the other starters are getting on ok too!

welcome & good luck to all our new starters... the diet is fab and as trudy says once you get over the other side its great LOL

wobbly i too was a milky coffee with sugar drinker... I now take mines black with 2 candarel sweetners.... when ppl forget and give me it with milk i almost throw up now .... getting the first few cups down you helps

Ellie, I saw you post on the meal plan thread about muffins with Quark icing.. I didn't want to post on it and derail it in any way but I wonder if you'd post the recipe please? Sounds delish! Thank you

Coming to the end of day 3 and going well!

I haven't been hungry at all, no headaches or anything bad so I'm really happy so far.

Big mistake though, I didn't weigh myself before starting (the scales have been my biggest downfall in the past, so I'm trying to go totally weighing free) which means I have no idea if the weight is coming off. It must be as clothes are looser but I won't get that first week boost.

On the plus side if I just keep feeling good - no tight clothes, no heartburn or upset stomach then I know I'm heading in the right direction :)

Well done to all the other first weekers!

Day 3 down :)

Having no problems at all really, not getting hungry, just eating when I'm supposed to. No headaches today, had one yesterday, have had a few twinges this evening but nothing that I could call a headache! The smell of my kids lunches is the only thing that gets to me, but I get over it :D

This morning I weighed in 1lb down which is great, that 3lbs so far. Plan to do Attack till Friday but I'm considering going on till Saturday, we'll see!

Wobble, great result for day 3 :eek: madness!

Poppyseed, feeling good in clothes can be better than any scales. Sure sometimes if your loosing weight and building muscle then the only place it will show is in your clothes and the scales wont change. I'm keeping measurements too. Well done so far. :)

Loving this site :flirt2:

Coming to the end of day 3 and going well!

I haven't been hungry at all, no headaches or anything bad so I'm really happy so far.

Big mistake though, I didn't weigh myself before starting (the scales have been my biggest downfall in the past, so I'm trying to go totally weighing free) which means I have no idea if the weight is coming off. It must be as clothes are looser but I won't get that first week boost.

On the plus side if I just keep feeling good - no tight clothes, no heartburn or upset stomach then I know I'm heading in the right direction :)

Well done to all the other first weekers!

Sounds like it's all going well for you Poppyseed - you've fantastic willpower not standing on the scales for a gander, more power to you!! You're right though, when you're feeling good.. you know you're on the right track! We're nearly through the first week anyway :D

Well done on the loss Fatfrog - I'm supposed to go until next Monday on attack.. I hadn't factored Mother's Day into the equation at all though, am considering going to PV on Sunday after 6 days attack. Fine that I can't have chocolates but how can I be begrudged a poxy bit of veg on my plate, eh? :sigh:

Day 4 nearly over, still going strong - no wobbles (get it?) as yet! Still happy too although I attempted muffins today and I've no idea what I produced.. some funky looking concoction altogether :eek:

Anybody else have to do longer than 5 days attack?

Ellie, I saw you post on the meal plan thread about muffins with Quark icing.. I didn't want to post on it and derail it in any way but I wonder if you'd post the recipe please? Sounds delish! Thank you

muffin recipe i use is for 2 days oatbran on cruise
4 tbsp oatbran
2 tbsp wheatbran
4tbsp sweetner
2 eggs
1/2 tsp baking powder
5tbsp natural yoghurt
Flavouring of choice ( i use loads of different combinations lol)

whisk all together our into a 6 bun silicone tray and bake at 200 degrees for around 20 mins or until firm

quark icing is just a heaped spoonful of quark, wee drop flavouring, sweetner all mixed together

Wobble Wonder said:
Well done on the loss Fatfrog - I'm supposed to go until next Monday on attack.. I hadn't factored Mother's Day into the equation at all though, am considering going to PV on Sunday after 6 days attack. Fine that I can't have chocolates but how can I be begrudged a poxy bit of veg on my plate, eh? :sigh:

Day 4 nearly over, still going strong - no wobbles (get it?) as yet! Still happy too although I attempted muffins today and I've no idea what I produced.. some funky looking concoction altogether :eek:

Anybody else have to do longer than 5 days attack?

I did 10...it's all the same after three I thought!

Ah great, thanks very much for that Ellie, I'll give them a go tomorrow!!

That's interesting xeilidhx, I'll see how I go the next day or two and then re-evaluate the situation :)

I find the muffins nicer if you separate the eggs and whisk the whites... they're far lighter and fluffier! yum! Also, you can lose a couple of egg yolks without noticing...

I'm a newbie too. Not starting until Monday as I'm away this weekend so a week behind you Wonder. Really looking forward to starting, very prepared. I'm mindful that Attack is going to be a real struggle for me though having done atkins a couple of times (obviously that failed!). I only have to do five days so a little will power and I'll be fine.

Have you weighed yet? How have your first four days been?

Good luck starting today Zakcat!!! Keep us updated and let us know how you get on!!

Right, well I did the 6 days attack and went on to cruise yesterday with a PV day.. well, I had a tomato, some asparagus and a mushroom - I was a tad afraid... next PV day I'll do better :D

I haven't lost much more since the last time I posted here but it's all good..

How's the rest of you guys getting on?!:D

Started today, already been to the gym and just marinating some beef for lunch, feeling nervous about the whole thing to be honest, only got to get through five days of Attack before I can start having some PV days.

Feeling really positive and excited!

Very best of luck to you - I was very nervous too.. I think it was the prospect of not being allowed to eat so many foods and feeling a bit deprived but I've since come to the realisation that nobody is stopping me - I can eat a loaf of bread if I want - I just don't want to..

One day at a time as they say - we'll see how we feel about it all tomorrow :)

How's everyone getting on now? I'm still sticking to it :D I don't think I've ever been this determined before in anything!!

Have had a few sickly days, but managed to get through them. Feeling a huge difference in my clothes already too:)

Wow FF, well done you!!! Just looking at your siggy there, you're flying!! Nearly half way there already!!

I'm finding it ok too although raging this week as I didn't lose anything, really hoping it was water retention or TOTM (which I'm waiting on still) so we'll see - am sticking with it for another week anyway!

Have you any news or tips to share? You walking every day? You doing some stomach exercises daily too?

Back