Total Solution starving

paulaanne

Hi i have been off ts for a week went on holiday camping normally we would have lots of barbeques and i would stick to mostly meat but our lovely british weather prevented this now i,m back on it today and i,m starving i was never like ths when i started 1st time:cry:

I think it's always harder getting back into TS than the first time you do it. Just stick with it, and if needed supplement with some low carb stuff to get you through the first couple of days.

Have an extra soup or shake - it might help :) obviously don't do it all the time but I am sure one extra now and then won't do any harm and its better than falling off the wagon completely :) Hang in there and good luck.,

thanks for replies i think 1st time i must of floated through on adrenalin didnt help that i ate and drank for england on my week off i will perservere because i know this plan works and i,l soon the 7lbs i gained

It makes me laugh when people claim to be starving. Most of us don't even know what it is like to be in such a situation.

Don't take this the wrong way, but get on with it!!

ShedMasterZero said:
It makes me laugh when people claim to be starving. Most of us don't even know what it is like to be in such a situation.

Don't take this the wrong way, but get on with it!!

I think thats a bit harsh and not exactly supportive either

thank you starlight so do i!i could just easily say something nasty back seeing as i,ve only 7lbs to lose but i wont over respect to other slimmers if you have nothing nice to say say nothing!thats what i,ve taught my children but they probably were brought up better

thank you starlight so do i!i could just easily say something nasty back seeing as i,ve only 7lbs to lose but i wont over respect to other slimmers if you have nothing nice to say say nothing!thats what i,ve taught my children but they probably were brought up better

You hang in there. We all totally understand what its like to feel that horrible hungry, and yes, starving way before ketosis kicks in.
*HUGS*

I'm sorry if my comment came across the wrong way, but it honestly was not an attempt to be nasty. I guess it was a failed attempt at trying to be funny and lightening the situation. I suppose I should have remembered that it isn't easy for some people to understand another persons sense of humour and accept some light hearted banter on the internet.

Suggesting that I have not been brought up very well is hardly very mature, but I'm not going to hold it against you. I guess I deserved some kind of comeback, although that was going a few steps too far to be honest.

Also, I don't really feel that a Moderator should be making such comments, as it was very assuming and really just made everything sound far worse than it really was. If what I said was really THAT bad, then it should have been deleted. But it clearly wasn't, so quoting it and making it out to be something that it was not is hardly the right way for a Moderator to deal with such a situation.

Last edited:
I may be a moderator but first and foremost I'm a dieter on exante and as such I'm entitled to my opinion like anyone else is. If I start deleting every post I dont like or disagree with then there's going to be a lot of unhappy people around.

My reply to you was not as a Moderator if it had been that would have been made very clear on my post. My reply was as a member of this community.

I stand by what I said I don't think your comment was supportive at all to someone who is struggling

Awe my sympathies to you in the hunger. I know how bad it can be especially when you've had to deviate from the diet for whatever reason. I hate that feeling and you just walk around the house not knowing what to do.
I hope today is a bit better for you. HUGS. X

Shedmaster - there's a saying that goes "when in a hole stop digging". There's absolutely no need to back up one 'sccidentally' thoughtless post with a defensive one. Just apologise and move on.

Hi starlight thankyou for asking sorry for delay in replying i am ok now hunger over and back on track hope doing well to:)

well im starving!!! day 2 and i know this is mental hunger and not physical hunger but its still hunger.... some words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. xx

Last edited:
carrie1980 said:
well im starving!!! day 2 and i know this is mental hunger and not physical hunger but its still hunger.... some words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. xx

Hey carrie1980,
Yesterday was day 3 for me and I felt exactly the same, I Spent the whole day starving and had to watch the kids at work tuck into a lovely tea whilst i had my soup. One thing I did was split my soup into 2, and have them as 2 cup of soups so it felt I was eating an extra time, and i discovered coke zero, which was my saviour. I am soooo glad today though that I never caved in, and even tho my tummy feels a little empty today, I know It will pass and I can do this. Just take one day at a time, and focus on getting into ketosis which will help u along the way.
Good luck, you know u can do it, small steps lead to great things.

good luck to you all, stay strong, i have just finished week 1 and i feel great, no hunger (a bit grumpier than normal) but so pleased that i lost 10lb !! i found that if i was feeling really hungry and water wasnt supressing ther hunger a drink of coke zero helped, also if i am not hungry in the mornings i skip breakfast, have my shake for dinner then soup for tea and i can have my bar as a 'treat' when i sit down in the evening , feels as though you are having something extra, not sure if you are supposed to do it like this but works for me, anyway perservere you will get there xx

Back