Stats under my Avatar

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
As you may remember the old site had the weight statistics under your avatar.

These are still are under your avatar but you just have to click/tap on it. If you tap on mine you should get a picture similar to the one attached to this thread.

Attachments

• profile.PNG
    profile.PNG
    107.8 KB · Views: 32
To modify or add your weight stats, or your social icons to your profile click on the top right on your own name. A popup will appear.

To edit your weight stats click on "Personal Details"

To edit your social icons click on "Contact Details"

From there edit your details as required.

Attachments

• profile central.PNG
    profile central.PNG
    54.5 KB · Views: 19
Hi, i had a look at what you said but i do not have the option to update my stats. when i click on the top right of my name, no pop up appears instead it takes me to my profile page where i can view my profile and edit my preferences and all but no option of changing my weight or diet, dates, etc. please help if i'm doing something wrong.

Hi again, yes the pop up came up but the option was not there. i clicked on the link that said personal details on the left but it keeps telling me i do not have permission to view or perform this action.

Hi again, yes the pop up came up but the option was not there. i clicked on the link that said personal details on the left but it keeps telling me i do not have permission to view or perform this action.

You havr 41...you need 50 to have full access to profiles.

Once you have 50 posts it takes the software about an hour to update your new privileges.

Is this something built in to the new forum software or did you limit access on purpose? Call me cynical, but I can't think of any innocent reason to allow users to publish personal information about themselves and then shove an obstacle in the way of changing or even removing that information. Suddenly I'm rather suspicious about the reasons behind the site's redesign - what is this new forum software doing that it seemingly doesn't want us changing or removing our data?

I used to really like this site and its community, although I didn't post much, it helped me a lot just reading through all the threads from people struggling as much as I do. This makes me feel uneasy about whether it's really still the same site :(

I am still learning XenForo.

The primary reason for restricting profiles is to stop automated bots from crawling and collecting that information.

Had a quick look and you should be able to edit your contact details now but you won't be able to view others till 50 posts.

I have no motive to trap information in MiniMins, in fact I hope the social integration of various networks would be the opposite to release it by posting it somewhere else that isn't MiniMins but still being able to share it on here with other members.

Pierce

Back