Staying Shunk Shrimpy

Hi Curves, glad you're enjoying the ride. It's weird isn't it, the whole "mental image" of yourself... and I find it odd the labels we chose to describe ourselves. I think part of mine comes from my dad, he wanted us (his 4 girls) to be strong, independent women and we are, but 3 of us are over weight and have been since we were little. He called us his "gorditas" and "his wee roly polys". It never upset me, but clearly it's rather ingrained and is very much a part of who I define myself as.

So today has been a pretty good day, school went fine and I managed to make it to the gym- metabolic may "week 2" 1/4 complete! :D

Anyway food so far today!

Red Day

Breakfast: 2 weetabix (HExB) with milk (250ml semi skimmed- HExA), a banana & an apple (s)
Breaktime: A pear (s), a bag of treatsize mini fingers (4.5syns), an apple (s)
Lunch: Tuna salad (tinned tuna (s), Radiccio (s), lambs lettuce (s), endive (s), peppers (s), onions (s), scallions (s), radishes (s), cherry tomatoes (s)) followed by a fruit salad (pineapple (s), strawberries (ss), kiwi (s))
Snack (before leaving school): Another apple (s)!!
Snack before the gym: 1 muller light (mandarin flavour)
Dinner: Herby baked cod (ss), spicy roasted butternut squash (s)cubes, veggies (broccoli (s), cauliflower (s) & green beans (s) )& salad (radishes (s), cherry toms (s) and watercress (s)).
Dessert: Frozen berries (raspberries (ss) & blackberries (ss)) with 2 tsp of Muller light toffee

The Toffee Muller light was a "Bad Idea" TM. It ruined my berries! :(
I love semi defrosted raspberries coated in sorta frozen vanilla yogurt- it's like eating raspberry ripple Icecream. Mmmmmmmm

More food eaten since then! LOL

I ate a Kellogg's fibre plus (HExB) whilst watching game of thrones. :)

Now am enjoying a jumbo caramel snack a jack (2.5syns) & a Fox's Choc n' Oats (5.0syns) with my coffee to finish up my A choice. :)

Total syns today: 12.0
Total speed & superspeed: 21!!!!!

looking good shrimpy :) i was just wondering, hope u dont mind me asking, how do ur sisters feel about ur slimming world success? i only have 1 half sister and we're really not close and the rest are brothers lol xxxx

My big sis is extremely proud of me, and bought me my first paior of size 10 jeans... she is a constant source of encouragement, even though she would like me to stray to the dark side "just a little" she is more than happy to try and cook SW friendly meals for when I go visiting and will always have my "special diet crap" in her cupboards (tuna in sping water, frylight & splenda ;))

My other two sisters live back home in Ireland so I don't see them much, but do facebook regularly. My littlest sister is mildly envious but in a positive way and the one closest in age to me is ... hmmm. LOL

Today's run down so far.

I slept in! But I got up and weighed myself- 8.10 (WTF- oh well, it's not my weigh in weight but still WTF!!!)

Drove to school- stopped off in tesco and picked up fruit for our Dept's fruit bowl and a grapefruit for me. :) Got to school- somehow in amazing time!

Breakfast: Oat so Simple (HExB) made with milk (HExA- 250ml Semi) with a grated apple (s) stirred though. A red grapefruit (ss) sprinkled with splenda.

Breaktime snack: Pineapple (s), Mango & melon (ss) slices & an apple. Then took a coffee to lesson.

Lunch: Easy peasy broccoli (s) & cauliflower (s) soup (contains an onion (s) & a chicken oxo cube). Followed by fruit salad (pineapple (s), strawberries (ss) & kiwi (s)) and an orange (s).

After school but before going home snack: a pear (s)

Before gym snack- cause I was STARVING!- apple (s), boiled egg & a pear (s)

Making dinner now. It is supposed to be a red day, but it's looks reeeeeeeally neutral at this point! LOL

aw how lucky that one of your sisters respects your choice, thats sweet :) do u plan ur days ahead? i noice u dont usually know what day your having lol! xxxxx

I never plan. I find it restrictive and it makes me want to rebel, I don't like being told what to do! LOL.

I had dinner. There's hardly any meat, but i decided to continue with me "semi plan" for tea, which was "some sort of pork tomatoey casserole". I have quorn in the freezer.

Dinner: Quorn casserole (quorn (s), onion (s), tinned tomatoes (s), butternut squash (s), carrots (s), peppers (s)). Pudding: Blackberries (ss) & raspberries (ss) with muller light.

It's COFFFFFFEEEEEEEE time!

Had the first coffee (with end of HExA) with an alpen light (0.5HExB), 25g caramel snack a Jacks (5.0syns) and a treatsize chomp (3.0syns).

Going to have another coffee with an alpen light (0.5HExB) and a treatsize bag of cadbury mini fingers (4.5syns) in a wee bit.

So total different speed foods today: 17 *I think*

Then that will mean both Bs and my A done. :)

And total syns for today is 12.5.

I have weigh in tomorrow. I am BRICKING it- as I want a losing week and I've been soooo good. I just want to see a loss of at least 1lb but what would be amazing would be 2lbs...... I just want to get in target range firmly.

Last edited:
good luck with weigh in lovey, im sure ull have a great loss, your diary has been really good! and i know what you mean about the rebelling, once ur on green you feel like some bacon or something! lol good luck anyway xxxx

Yeah, I completely rebel when I am "planned". I just don't cope with restrictions, I'm all about the choice power!

I lost 1.5lbs! So am now just 1.5lbs above target, so I think I'll do another losing week and secure myself deeply in target territory. :) Focusing on speed foods, water uptake and metabolic may! :)

Food today:

Breakfast: Oat so Simple (HExB) made with milk (HExA- 250ml Semi) with a grated apple (s) stirred though. A red grapefruit (ss) sprinkled with splenda.

Breaktime: Tesco rainbow layers (grapes, mango, watermelon (s), pineapple (s)) and extra pineapple slices. :D

Lunch: Tuna salad (tinned tuna (s), lettuce (s), raddiccio (s), peppers (s), scallions (s), cherry tomatoes (s), onion (s)). followed by mango, melon (ss), orange (s), kiwi (s), apple (s), pear (s). Then a treatsize chomp (3.0syns)

Snack at weigh in: Apple (s), pear (s) & strawberries (ss)
Snack while cooking dinner: 3 pickled onions!

I was going to do a red day, but I got home after WI and desperately wanted chips and mushy peas. So am going to go EE, have chips, egg, mushy peas (ss) and to get my superfree boil up some carrots (s), green beans (s) & broccoli (s)... I know it doesn't really go, but I need my superfree and it's shopping day tomorrow so it really is Mother Hubbards cupboards here!

I'm eating again!!!

Coffee time! So coffee with a 25g bag of caramel snack a jacks (5.0syns) and I think I'll have treatsize asda milk chocolate bubbly bar (3.0syns).

This means a total of 20 speed foods (I *THINK*)

A and B choices done!
Total syns: 11 (so far!)

Well done on the 'metabolic may' AND the 1.5lbs loss. That's great and hopefully makes you feel a bit less anxious being less near the top of target range.

And don't worry about posting repeatedly - if you edit posts, we might miss stuff !

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

yay well done on the loss shrimpy :D xxx

Ok. Today was STRESS!

The local authority has been in to observe our school, last night I was grumpy at the idea of having to do school stuff at 9pm so I didn't. I am a REBEL! However this had a knock on effect of: having to do it this morning!

So I arrived to school at 6.45 and I don't do mornings until after breakfast & coffee, to find my big deep porridge bowl was dirty (like proper manky), so I had a mini raaaaage. Then, my colour coded seating plans were printed wrongly (it's turned out it was my fault, but I didn't find that out til after school). So I was a complete stress head. BUT, I have survived and am proud of sticking to plan.

Breaktime: Apple (s), watermelon (s), pineapple (s), mango (s)

Lunch: Jacket potato and baked beans (ss) with a side salad (lettuce (s), cherry tomatoes (s), peppers (s), cucumber (s)). Pear (s), melon (s), pineapple (s), grapes, orange (s), blueberries. A blue riband (5.0syns)

Snack after the food shop: An apple (s)

Dinner: Quorn chow mein (Quorn (s), noodles, beansprouts (s), onions (s), broccoli (s), cabbage (s), carrots (s), mushrooms (s), garlic, soy sauce and spices). Raspberries (ss) for pud.

My tummy is full!!! :)

Or at least it *was* full!

As I've had no meat, today is a green day. W0000! Cereal bar time!!!

So snack:

Coffee with a 25g bag of caramel Snack a jacks (5.0syns) and I'm going to have a HiFi bar (HExB)

Ok today- well food.

Breakfast: 2 weetabix (HExB), made with milk (HExA- 250ml semi skimmed), banana, a grapefruit (ss) and an apple (s)
Breaktime: raspberries (ss), coffee and a pear (s)

Lunch: Chicken salad (chicken (s), onion (s), scallions (s), lettuce leaves (s), cherry tomatoes (s), peppers (s)). Kiwi

Snack: Coffee with a Tiny bag of mini fingers (4.5syns)

Before the gym snack: chicken pieces, apple

Dinner: Marmita Kua (Cod (ss), tinned tomatoes (s), red onion (s),. courgette (s), butternut squash (s), peppers (s)).

Hehe, it almost is Ali! :) I will be having coffee after Bones! :)

Back