Staying Shunk Shrimpy

Congratulations on your weight loss and you maintaining, if you have any top tips please feel free to post :) your a SW insperation - that's your reward!!!

Ah year 12, those were the days, think I was a good nit lighter then, but was still FAT! lol
maybe that should phat! :p

I think you are fabulous, and I hate computers-so I would ignore whatever that evil thing said to you and focus on the wonderful replies you have had here.

I for once am determined to change, I know that is mostly down to you, and the wonderful inspiration you have been for me alone. I am so pleased for you and honoured to call you a friend :) xxxx

shrimpy . . .your reward is keeping/getting other people on here motivated to lose weight cause of your posts . . they are both funny and heartfelt and give other peeps the knowledge that weither youve got a lot to loose like you in the beginin or just a small amount (like me now) or maintain that there are other peeps in the same boat . . .now im rambalin lol but just wanted to say keep up the gud work n tell the computer to f*** off it dont no wat its talkin about haha have agud day xx

Thank you MeJulie, that's really sweet. :)

Thank you so much Emsie, Zoe, Julie & carbs4ever.

I am very grateful for all the support from you all. :)

Today I have had a BUSY day. It was chaos getting the students ready for the Biology Exam- did a two hour masterclass and had break duty in the middle, so I had to eat while teaching, I dripped pineapple juices all over the show! Anyway. Today's food:

Breakfast: Oat so Simple (HExB) made with milk (HExA-250ml semi) with a grated apple (s) stirred through. 1 red grapefuit (ss).
Break- well Masterclass snack- Pineapple pieces (s), 1 kiwi (s), Weightwatchers Caramel Wafer (4.0syns)
Lunch: Jacket potato, baked beans (ss), salad of lettuce (s), cabbage(s), carrots (s). Melon (ss), strawberries (ss), pear (s).
Snack before AeroFusion class - Metabolic May Week 3, Day 3 done!- 1 mugshot (Chicken noodle- Free)
Dinner: Butternut squash & red pepper risotto (BNS (s), Pepper (s), onion (s), arborio rice, stock, chillies, herbs, lemon zest).

I am now full as I have just eaten it. But It's soooo late! I still need to have another B cause that looks like a green day to me and more syns!

Coffee time!

Have tried a couple of teaspoons of the new Onken Apple & mango yog- NIIIIIICE.

And am now enjoying a Kellogg's Fibre plus (HExB) and a Galaxy Caramel Cake Bar (6.0syns).

So total syns for today, thus far: 10.0 syns
And I think 14 speed foods.

I guess this is a random, meandering post summing up my thoughts of my sw journey. I think it's cause it makes me sad, that I can't get any more awards... or something at group. I really wish they did a "months at target" award or something, just to give target members something to keep motivated.

I was in a group the other week when a member was given a 'diamond target' award - must be a new one they've brought out for this reason!! Think it was a year within target, but can't be sure!

Like everyone has said you are amazing and your diary is inspirational. As soon as I am back to my happy pre holiday target weight (2lbs lighter today already whoo hoo ) then I am going to take some pointers from you and make sure I use my syn allowance as I am always so scared to do it but you prove that u can and still maintain. I also want to start getting my head around green/original days so I can mix it up a bit.

Love reading your food diary so thank you for taking the time to do it :)

I was in a group the other week when a member was given a 'diamond target' award - must be a new one they've brought out for this reason!! Think it was a year within target, but can't be sure!

Oh! That would be good, although having to wait a whole year and I assume that's for never falling out of range? :(

Like everyone has said you are amazing and your diary is inspirational. As soon as I am back to my happy pre holiday target weight (2lbs lighter today already whoo hoo ) then I am going to take some pointers from you and make sure I use my syn allowance as I am always so scared to do it but you prove that u can and still maintain. I also want to start getting my head around green/original days so I can mix it up a bit.

Love reading your food diary so thank you for taking the time to do it :)

Thank you for reading it. Glad the holiday gain is disappearing! :)

Last edited:
Today's food so far,

Breakfast: Oat so simple (HExB) won out, mmm, as usual with a grated apple (s) and made with milk (250ml semi skimmed- HExA). A grapefruit (ss) and a banana
Break: Pineapple (s), Melon (ss) and mango slices. Pear (s)
Lunch: Chicken salad. (Chicken (s), lettuce (s), red cabbage (s), carrot (s)) Strawberries (ss), orange (s).
Snack: Apple

Dinner is in the oven. Baked Cod with random veg chaos! :)

Okay, dinner finally done and I'm happy now!

Baked cod (Cod (ss), red pepper slices (s), scallions (s), cherry tomatoes (s), lime, spicy rub) with veggies chaos (courgettes (s), onion (s), tomatoes (s), mushrooms (s), herbs & spices).
Dessert- Raspberries (ss), blackberries (ss) and onken fat free vanilla yogurt.

Coffee time!!!

Had a HiFi bar (HExB) and a Jumbo Caramel Snack a Jack (2.5syns).

Yuuuuummmmy!

Shrimpy said:
Oh! That would be good, although having to wait a whole year and I assume that's for never falling out of range? :(

I would think not. As long as you maintain during that time, I don't think it would matter whether you dip in and out of range either way (in my opinion !!). I'm so impressed with you mollusc - so committed and inspirational :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

I would think not. As long as you maintain during that time, I don't think it would matter whether you dip in and out of range either way (in my opinion !!). I'm so impressed with you mollusc - so committed and inspirational :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

You reckon? That would be ok, but I'd like a 6month one... or a monthly one- it would be good to get a sticker for every month that you stay in target... I'd like it to be more than just "here ya are- target now sit there and weigh people". I don't know if I'm that inspirational Gail!

But I am seriously looking at going to the next opportunities event and having a proper serious look. A few from my group keep asking as they don't feel the C is up to scratch. Maybe that'll give me some positive incentive? Maybe...

I agree that it would be good to have something additional to help you stay at target. I know that maintaining is the incentive but I know I am motivated by stickers etc (as stupid as that seems).

Whatever you say Shrimpy, you ARE inspirational. For many people, they want to be able to see people being successful because it's sooo motivating and you ARE one of those people. So believe it :)

I would love to hear about the opportunities day when it comes up. Even though I would never have the time or the patience (or the inclination !) to do that, I would be interested to know how it works.

Gail x

I am stupidly motivated motivated by stickers. I really want to win them and I would have survived if the new C kept up with the raffle, cause I could still win something but she hasn't. :(

Thank you Gail. I guess I still see myself as the awkward chubby kid... IYKWIM... I'll fill you all in on the ops event when I get to the next one. I remember it being "big money" but I think I might have to do it...

I am stupidly motivated motivated by stickers. I really want to win them and I would have survived if the new C kept up with the raffle, cause I could still win something but she hasn't. :(

Thank you Gail. I guess I still see myself as the awkward chubby kid... IYKWIM... I'll fill you all in on the ops event when I get to the next one. I remember it being "big money" but I think I might have to do it...

No raffle ??? Why ??

Maybe we should do something for you here if you maintain. I think that we should make you a chart for your fridge with 12 boxes, each is maintaining for a month. We will need to get some star stickers too. My rules - so as long as you are within target range at some point during a month, you will get your sticker. Then there will need to be a reward at the end of the year (or is a completed chart enough reward for you ????!).

I do understand what you mean - I still feel very much 'the fat one' but although I'm still obviously overweight, I'm not that person anymore !

Looking forward to hearing about the opportunities day. You have nothing to lose by going to have a chat about it.

Night night, sleep well.

Gail x

No raffle ??? Why ??

Maybe we should do something for you here if you maintain. I think that we should make you a chart for your fridge with 12 boxes, each is maintaining for a month. We will need to get some star stickers too. My rules - so as long as you are within target range at some point during a month, you will get your sticker. Then there will need to be a reward at the end of the year (or is a completed chart enough reward for you ????!).

I do understand what you mean - I still feel very much 'the fat one' but although I'm still obviously overweight, I'm not that person anymore !

Looking forward to hearing about the opportunities day. You have nothing to lose by going to have a chat about it.

Night night, sleep well.

Gail x

I have no idea why she stopped the raffle- she did it for about 3 weeks and then stopped... :(

I like the idea of a reward chart! *geek moment* And star stickers! :D

You've done so well, you have lost sooo much weight! I'm so proud of you! We'll get over this little bump and will be both as if we were naturally skinny in a year or so's time. :)

Well. I ate again. I had a big bowl of melon, which just made my tummy grumblier, so have just cooked and omelette!
Omelette (mushrooms, quorn (s), onion, courgette, 2 eggs, herbs & spices)

Still looks like a red day to me. :D So I still have up to 7.5syns left... :)

Last edited:
So far today: 21speed/superspeed foods
7.5syns.

Making a coffee again. And will have something with it, dunno what yet as the yummy cupboard is starting to look rather "Mother Hubbard". Will check in after coffee and do a last of today thought round up, bedtime probably within another 2 hours, after what appears to be another BloodRayne movie that the husband has put on the telly.

So, decided on 2 mikado (1.0syns) and a 16.5g bag of mini treats Cadbury fingers (4.5syns) Meaning a total today of 13 syns... I'm debating making it to the entire 15, which I rarely do, but i might later have something else. But unlikely, unless it's a hot choc. :)

Good Morning all!

I am awake and I think I'm now a Witcher 2 Widow as husband was up EARLY and playing The Witcher2 on the PC before I woke up! Anyway!!! The sun is shiney and the world is pretty and it looks like the rapture didn't happen, so I think I'll go celebrate!

Pre- breakfast: 1 apple (s)- I had to eat something while I decided.

Breakfast: Cinnamon French toast (egg, splenda, cinnamon, 1 slice WW thick wholemeal- 0.5HExB) served with a mountain of berries (raspberries (ss) & blackberries (ss)) and Onken Fat free vanilla yogurt.

Back