Staying Shunk Shrimpy

Hey Maria

I think a wee star chart at home would be good. I think it is disgusting they dont do more to help those people who actually achieve their goals and stick at it. Losing maybe hard, but \i know maintaining is prob worse-hence every diet I have been on ending up with me being fat again!!

Must say I cannot wait to get my first sticker, but think it will be a couple of weeks yet as least!! x

Just keep the chin up. Maybe you could colour code your stars, silver for on target gold for below target and red for going over, so that you have a visual representation of how you are doing each week just by glancing, then you can count the gold and silver at the end and give yourself a reward if you have 2 or more, or leave it for 3/4 months etc you get the point.

Oh how I love rewards and stickers!! :D

Oh my god! I was soooo hungry!

In the cinema I had my snack pack- Huge fruit salad (melon (ss), 2 apples(s), kiwi (s), 2 satsumas (s)). 1 Alpen Light (0.5HExB), 1 Hand off My Mini Bubble bar (3.0syns) and a mini chupa chups lolly (1.0syns). Oh and Berries & yog (Blackberries & Raspberries with onken Fat free Vanilla)

Then got home after watching 2 movies and drinking 2 HUGE "regular" Coke zeros- I was too hungry to even THINK about what to eat. So I "fried" an egg.

Then made food- Jacket potato & exciting beans (baked beans (ss), onion (s), peppers (s), mushrooms (s), worchester sauce, chillis and spices).

Now, I am thinking about pudding...

Last edited:
Hungry- proper hungry today

So I have just had a tomatoey pasta thing. (Pasta, courgette (s), scallions (s), red pepper (s), left over tinned tomatoes (s) & passata (s) with chillies, balsalmic vinegar and italian herbs).

So... I still have syns (11.0 left) and a HExB & A left to go. See what happens in the next hour or so! LOL. But I am thinking a latte & a cereal bar... or maybe cheese on toast? Hmm.. Hard decisions! Plus now am not hungry, so will have to wait and see what the urge says. Today is a green day. :)

As it's almost bedtime and I have an A & B left... it's Coffee Time!

So: Latte (made with 250ml Semi Skimmed milk HExA), Hifi (HExB) and probably this galaxy caramel cake bar (6.0syns). :)

So total syns: 10.0
Speed/superspeed Total: 14.

Hi Shrimpy, hope you don't mind me asking you a quick question on the syn front (as a resident expert thought you might have some advice)....most weeks I have birthday/night out/work event etc which I use around 30 sysns at in one day/night and then limit syns to around 5 a day to make sure its back under the total for the week. In your experience, do you think this will work or could this be the reason for my STS? Do I need to make sure the syns are spread and be stricter on these days?

@ Carbs4ever, I must say I would like to know this as well. However I think I have heard people saying that you shouldnt save up your syns :(

Over to the expert........... Shrimpy???? what say ye?

I have done my syns weekly before and it made no difference to me, though I did make sure on those weeks I had between 70-105. So if you use 30 in one night on the other days you could still have 12 everyday, so maybe you cut back too much? Cause, making the other days 5, would mean you were below the 70 mark for the week.

I reckon it's unlikely to make that much of a difference. Its not like you're having 60syns on that one night. SW used to say on their FAQ that you could use them weekly and my old C used to advise it if you had an event.

Give it a try, but make sure you're having at least 70 for the week?

Anyway- Food!

Breakfast: "Big Breakfast omelette" (2 eggs, baked beans (ss), bacon, mushrooms (s)) followed by fruit salad (Melon (ss), Pineapple (s), kiwi (s) & apple (s)).

Mmmmmm I love breakfast! Plus I've saved my B choice- so cereal bar will be consumed later!

Shrimpy said:
I have done my syns weekly before and it made no difference to me, though I did make sure on those weeks I had between 70-105. So if you use 30 in one night on the other days you could still have 12 everyday, so maybe you cut back too much? Cause, making the other days 5, would mean you were below the 70 mark for the week.

I reckon it's unlikely to make that much of a difference. Its not like you're having 60syns on that one night. SW used to say on their FAQ that you could use them weekly and my old C used to advise it if you had an event.

Give it a try, but make sure you're having at least 70 for the week?

Thank you sooo much, I shall make sure this week I have between 70 and 105 :)

No probs. :)

Oh BTW, I eated a Pear (s) it tasted like honey cakes.. :(

Between 10-13 usually. :) Sometimes 15, but as I have most of them late at night I can't fit anything else in!

Lunch: Tuna Jacket potato (tinned tuna (s), potato and pepper) & salad (cherry tomatoes (s), scallions (s), raddichio (s), lettuce (s), endive (s), red pepper (s)). Followed by a Lees' Mallow Dream (3.0syns). :)

Random grazing of fruit. I just ate a banana and an apple (s).

Will cook dinner in about an hour, have pudding in the works though- making Mango & Apple Onken Frozen Yogurt... with berries. Have shaken it twice so far. :)

Have just eaten another pear and am OMG so fed up of marking Year 10 Essays on Bonding- there are 30 kids and I've gotten through about 10. But the 30 before that were worse- How can sooo many kids forget everything about making Ammonia over one weekend!?!?!?!

Last god-awful essay read, the others weren't too bad but the last one... OMG I think the kid got a spider, dunked it in ink and told the spider to write it! *shudder*

Right- Off to make dinner. Am a complete Witcher 2 Widow today- the werewolf has been upstairs for 4 hours being Geralt of Rivia stopping some sort of civil war, I believe. Oh well.. Food time!

See ya in a bit!

Dinner and dessert eaten. Yum yum!

Mains: Singapore vermicelli (noodles, prawn (s), pork, egg, soy sauce, cabbage(s), carrot (s), onion (s), scallions (s), sweetcorn, bean sprouts (s), pepper (s), garlic & ginger).
Pud: Mixed fruit (raspberries (ss), blackberries (ss) & nectarine (s)) with Mango & Apple "frogurt"

Nom NOM NOM!!!!

Dinner and dessert eaten. Yum yum!

Mains: Singapore vermicelli (noodles, prawn (s), pork, egg, soy sauce, cabbage(s), carrot (s), onion (s), scallions (s), sweetcorn, bean sprouts (s), pepper (s), garlic & ginger).
Pud: Mixed fruit (raspberries (ss), blackberries (ss) & nectarine (s)) with Mango & Apple "frogurt"

Nom NOM NOM!!!!

Oooh, tell me more Shrimps - how did you make your Singapore vermicelli? Sounds gorge!

I just copid the recipe from this months magazine. I'll look it up later- husband is actually reading it!

I'm coffee-ing now! Using some HExA 250ml semi skimmed milk & a Hi Fi bar (HexB) and a Jumbo Caramel snack a jack (2.5syns)

More coffee, cause I can. With a breakaway bar (5.0syns)

So round up:
HExB- HiFi
HExA- Milk 250ml semi

Total syns: 10.5
Speedy Foods: 20

Ali- I managed to prise the magazine from the werewolf's grubby fingers as he has decided it's time to go pretend to be Geralt Of Rivia again... :)

Singapore Vermicelli- serves 4
Ingredients:
7oz Vermicelli noodles
5oz Pork steaks cut into strips
5oz Raw prawns
3 garlic cloves (crushed)
1in piece of ginger (grated)
1 thinly sliced onion
6 scallions cut into 1inch pieces
300g Stir fry veggie bag
1tbsp Curry Powder
6tsp dark soy sauce
4 eggs beaten
2 Red Chillies (chopped finely)
2 limes (quartered)

Method:
1- Make the noodles as normal & drain. Fry the pork in a pan with frylight til cooked (then take off the heat & put on a plate).
2- Fry the prawns in the same pan as the pork til cooked. Put cooked prawns on the same plate as the pork. Clean and dry your pan.
3- Fry the garlic & ginger for a min or so. Add the veggies and cook til soft. Add the curry powder & cook for another minute. Add the noodles and 2tbsp of water and soy sauce. Stir fry for a min.
4- Push everything to one side and pour in the eggs, scramble them. Then mix with the veggie noodle mix. Throw in the prawns and pork, toss and throw chillies on. Squirt in some lime and serve.

Twas really nice, though, the egg burnt solid to my pan, but that might be cause of it being on the "rapid burner"...

Round up so far.

Breakfast: Oat so Simple (HExB) made with milk (250ml- semi skimmed-HExA) with a grated apple (s). A grapefruit (ss), a banana.

Break: Fruit salad (Melon (ss), kiwi (s), pineapple (s)). A pear (s)

Lunch: Tuna salad (Tinned tuna (s), onion (s), cherry tomatoes (s), peppers (s), courgette (s)). Apple, orange (s).

Snack: Apple

Dinner: Fiesta Pork Casserole (pork, stock cube, passata (s), onion, courgette, peppers, butternut squash (s)). Raspberries (ss) & blackberries (ss) served with Onken Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt.

Back