Staying Shunk Shrimpy

Decided to finish pigging out! Last coffee of the evening, served with 2 mikado Totally (hazel)nuts (1.0syns), 1 Jumbo Caramel Snack a Jack (2.5syns) & 1 Lees Snow Ball (3.5syns)

Meaning to date:
Both Bs, 1 A, 12.0 Syns, 19 Different Speed foods. :)

Feeling a bit piggie, but why not! :) I like coffee and I like sweet things to go with...

Hey

Yes holiday was fab and just what I needed :)

Ok well yesterday I had....

Breakfast - 28g porridge (HEB) 150ml whole milk (HEA) chopped strawberries grapes and pineapple

Midmorning snack - chopped strawberries, grapes and pineapple with half vanilla muller yogurt

Snacks - 2 apples 2 satsumas

Lunch - bowl of homemade leek and potato soup (literally just a couple of potatoes, leeks, veg stock and s&p)

Dinner - schezuan chicken stir fry and I literally loaded with veg ie had a family size stir fry veg pack from tescos then i raided the freezer for frozen veg so added broccoli, savoy cabbage, peas and had a corn on the cob on the side ;-) very weird but trying to load up on the SS foods. Haha then I had a bit of dried noodles but mostly veg (total 2 syns for the sesame oil in it and would say it's 4 portions so 1/2 syn)

Total 1 HEB 1 HEA and 1/2 syn
Would u say that's a good day?

May I also ask what express success is all about? Really need to get back down to 8/8 as I was comfy there my work trousers are very snug to say the least now heehee I plan on making that super speed soup today have u tried and can u recommend?
Thanks and sorry for all the questions ;-) xx

That looks like a good day, though make sure you eat ALL your syns (or at least between 5 and 10). :)

There's a thread on Success Express, If I find the link I'll put it here. :)

Today's food so far:

Breakfast: Oat so Simple (HExB) made with milk (250ml semi skimmed HExA) with a grated apple (s) stirred through. 1 red grapefruit (ss)

Break: 1 apple, 1 melon snack pack (ss), 1 Jaffa Cake bar (5.0syns)

During Period 3 one of my year 11s gave me a blue skittle to try- so counting that as 0.5syn

Lunch: Chicken salad (Chicken (s), peppers (s), cucumber (s), cherry tomatoes (s), lettuce (s), raddiccio (s)). Pineapple (s).

Snack: Pear (s), strawberries (ss)

Dinner is in the oven- Piri Piri Chicken with roasted med veggies (red onion (s), courgette (s), peppers (s), tomatoes (s)) & a roasted Butternut Squash (s)

Sounds like a fab day again!!!

have to lol, as our c mentioned the express success thing last night-which is basically swapping the superfood quantities with the free foods quantities. I am gonna leave that until I really need it

Will def still be reading your diary Shrimpy, cos you are the woman!!!!!!!!
:party0023:

Yeah it's basically 3 meals a day- 2/3 superfree, 1/3 free. 1-2 HExA, 2HExB. All snacks must be superfree, syns or HEx. You must take syns at highest value.

Omg need to get my head around express success because that just baffled me haha

So I made syn free chilli today do u think if I had 2/3 or that to 1/3 of rice that would count towards ES?

Ooh I wasn't going to bother with suns so I have just eaten a 3.5 light Alpen bar... Considering eating my perfectly weighed out 7.5 syn cadburys chocolate ;-) x

You would need to make 2/3 of the chilli as veg (not including meat or beans)... But do able. :)

I always have my syns!

I'm having some right now.

Coffee with Kellogg's Fibre Plus bar (HExB), Jumbo Caramel Snack a Jack (2.5syns), a treatsize chomp (3.0syns). Making today 11.0syns!

All done, heading to bed after Chuck finishes. :)

I have had all of my A, both Bs as it's a red day and 11.0syns. Though I feel tempted to eat more syns cause it's night before weigh in, and I always feel ultra naughty tonight- like a final "**** you" to the idea of having to get weighed... but I have been good (I think) and I am hoping for a loss of some kind. If I could make it to 8st 8 I'd be overjoyed, but I feel fat today. This seems crude but my knickers seem to be tighter across the hips, though, I might just be slightly crazy... I hope I am. I get so nervous before weigh in.

Well I did pack it full of onions mushrooms and peppers? Going to have the superfree soup for dinner as well.

Your diary is really good and once I get back to 8/8 I plan on following your lead :) I generally don't have many syns on a daily basis but I would like to start introducing them more...just got to remember to try and have more super free foods too xxx

I stayed the same... Grrrr! Though I am "incubating" as my old C used to say (when one has not voided in a while).

Breakfast: Oat so Simple (HExB), made with milk (HExA-250ml semi skimmed milk) with a grated PEAR (s)- there were no apples left- and splenda. A grapefruit (ss)

Breaktime: Fruit fingers snack pack (Cantelope Melon (s), Mango & pineapple (s)), 1 Fox's cookie bar* (4.0syns)

Lunch: Tuna salad (Tinned tuna (s), courgette (s), peppers (s), scallions (s), red onions (s), lime juice and chillies). Strawberries (ss), raspberries (ss) and blackberries (ss) with some onken fat free vanilla yogurt.

Weigh in Snack: 2 apples (s)

Dinner is on the go and it's from the new magazine that i picked up at group- "prawn & mixed pepper pot" though I've subbed the prawns for cod (it was in the cooks notes) and the potaoes for BNS cause it'll go off otherwise. It smells good. :)

* Not really worth it, too sweet and not biscuitey enough

Well done on your STS hun ... gotta be better than the other option ;)

I know you want to get to your target weight and stay there but as far as I can see you already are hun! You are a VERY successful and inspirational slimmer!

:worthy:

Aww Ali, that's exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you. :)

Dinner was DELICIOUS!

It was cod (ss), onions (s), peppers (s), butternut squash (s), fish stock, pepper & garlic. Yuuuuuummmmmy!!!!!!!

Followed with pineapple pieces.

So Speed count so far: 14 (I think).

I am slowly coming to terms with my new, rather achy thanks to the gym trip, body. I still do a double take when I see my left leg (my right calf is stupidly swollen thanks to multiple DVTs) and there are some real positives to being "skinny", but as I still cling to my old view of myself I see lots of little "downsides". Like- I used to be a proud card carrying member of the Big bouncy boobies club and I was unceremoniously ejected and am now a rather bashful memebre of the itty bitty titty club instead. I noticed yesterday, when I woke up I had two wee red marks on my knees, where the legs rested upon each other! I mean, whos knees hurt themselves? *waves hand in the air* Mine do! I think i might even be MORE critical of my body now than when I was larger. I am pretty sure it's because I imagined with almost 5st gone I'd look like Jessica Alba... instead I have woobly bits and loose skin and new bewbs!

Don't know where I'm going with this, but as I promised honesty here it is!

hi shrimpy i no this is an old post but started readin though your diary (hope u dont mind) and this made me pmsl
i will now be following your diary every day to cheer me up and give me sum ideas . . .i no uve posted on one of my threads that u eat loads of fruit and eat late in the day and thought u was just sayin it . . . but u really do lol. . . .i now think i might not be eatin enuf lol so am gunna ave sum fruit ad yoghurt on the strength of it haha . . .i look forward to the next instalment xx

Hi MeJulie, Welcome! I really am a big eater! Enjoy the fruit & yog. :)

I've made a coffee, so have had 2 mini flumps (1.0syns), a Hi Fi Bar (HExB) and a jumbo caramel snack a Jack (2.5syns).

I'll probably have another coffee before bed and something else cause 7.5syns? I can do better! LOL.

More food!

A bowl of raspberries & onken fat free yogurt. Coffee with 3 mikado (1.5syns). Brings me to 9.0syns. Getting caught up on Supersize Vs Superskinny. Can't quite believe how much the big guy eats. Although, some of it looked rather nice- at least he eats some veggies unlike the skinny dude- who is currently waaay too high and mighty!

I watch this stuff and think back to before the weight loss, before SW. I still don't know why I ate the ***** I did. Mostly, for me, it was habit and convenience. I have always been big, I can remember being 11st in 5th Year (Year11 in UK & 12 in NI ;) Zoe), I was always overweight. It was, my parents fault, I was never denied anything. I was allowed to eat and drink whatever **** I wanted. Before mum died, we (my sisters and I) were chubby, but not fat. After mum died, Dad didn't want to "make our lives sadder" so we had unlimited access to sugarly crap. I swear, I was connected to the fridge door by an elastic band! Then, when I moved into my own place, and when my husband moved in, I lived on greasy crap and having a chinese at the top of the road did NOT help, neither did all the trips to the nice restaurants. When I did teacher training, that's when I ballooned. All the stress and not cooking (and kebabs and pizza takeaways delivered when G got home from work at 2am)... I really got bigger.

I'm still not 100% sure where the determination to lose this weight came from. I am rationalising when I work backwards. But I am so glad I found SW. I never thought I could be the skinny sister (always belonged to my littlest sister who was sporty and naturally skinnier) or the fitter one. But i am. And it's thanks to SW.

The year 11s in my school have asked to do a "before and after" for their year book as I have lost all the weight when they were there. I have provisionally agreed, LOL.

I guess this is a random, meandering post summing up my thoughts of my sw journey. I think it's cause it makes me sad, that I can't get any more awards... or something at group. I really wish they did a "months at target" award or something, just to give target members something to keep motivated.

Meh! I don't know where this is going and I'm now just rambling. Sorry!

GAH! Just put in my weight in the SW site.

It said:
You may be disappointed with this week's result in which case don't be too disheartened, your Consultant is there to help you overcome whatever the problem is. Or it may be you're OK because you're aware of what's happening. I know it can be difficult, but either way, try to remember that there really is no shame in a gain or a maintain.

GAH!!! ANGER! It should be celebrating my maintenance!

shrimpy . . .your reward is keeping/getting other people on here motivated to lose weight cause of your posts . . they are both funny and heartfelt and give other peeps the knowledge that weither youve got a lot to loose like you in the beginin or just a small amount (like me now) or maintain that there are other peeps in the same boat . . .now im rambalin lol but just wanted to say keep up the gud work n tell the computer to f*** off it dont no wat its talkin about haha have agud day xx

More food!

A bowl of raspberries & onken fat free yogurt. Coffee with 3 mikado (1.5syns). Brings me to 9.0syns. Getting caught up on Supersize Vs Superskinny. Can't quite believe how much the big guy eats. Although, some of it looked rather nice- at least he eats some veggies unlike the skinny dude- who is currently waaay too high and mighty!

I watch this stuff and think back to before the weight loss, before SW. I still don't know why I ate the ***** I did. Mostly, for me, it was habit and convenience. I have always been big, I can remember being 11st in 5th Year (Year11 in UK & 12 in NI ;) Zoe), I was always overweight. It was, my parents fault, I was never denied anything. I was allowed to eat and drink whatever **** I wanted. Before mum died, we (my sisters and I) were chubby, but not fat. After mum died, Dad didn't want to "make our lives sadder" so we had unlimited access to sugarly crap. I swear, I was connected to the fridge door by an elastic band! Then, when I moved into my own place, and when my husband moved in, I lived on greasy crap and having a chinese at the top of the road did NOT help, neither did all the trips to the nice restaurants. When I did teacher training, that's when I ballooned. All the stress and not cooking (and kebabs and pizza takeaways delivered when G got home from work at 2am)... I really got bigger.

I'm still not 100% sure where the determination to lose this weight came from. I am rationalising when I work backwards. But I am so glad I found SW. I never thought I could be the skinny sister (always belonged to my littlest sister who was sporty and naturally skinnier) or the fitter one. But i am. And it's thanks to SW.

The year 11s in my school have asked to do a "before and after" for their year book as I have lost all the weight when they were there. I have provisionally agreed, LOL.

I guess this is a random, meandering post summing up my thoughts of my sw journey. I think it's cause it makes me sad, that I can't get any more awards... or something at group. I really wish they did a "months at target" award or something, just to give target members something to keep motivated.

Meh! I don't know where this is going and I'm now just rambling. Sorry!

Don't apologise thankyou for sharing made me feel all emotional x

GAH! Just put in my weight in the SW site.

It said:
You may be disappointed with this week's result in which case don't be too disheartened, your Consultant is there to help you overcome whatever the problem is. Or it may be you're OK because you're aware of what's happening. I know it can be difficult, but either way, try to remember that there really is no shame in a gain or a maintain.

GAH!!! ANGER! It should be celebrating my maintenance!

They really need to do something about that! x

Back