Stepping Out of Cambridge

Rkmriddell said:
Sounds like a good plan :) x

I'm full of plans lol, it's just sticking to them that I find hard :) Have a great day tomorrow, hope the weather stays nice for you. X

Soel said:
I'm full of plans lol, it's just sticking to them that I find hard :) Have a great day tomorrow, hope the weather stays nice for you. X

But this time you'll be fine cause this time you're doing it forever x

fireloss said:
Enjoy your last evening on 810 and best wishes for tommorrow and 1000

Thanks hun, hope you have a good day as well. :) x

fireloss said:
Good luck today soel on 1000

Thanks hun, just waiting for CDC to arrive. She can come any time from 10.30 to 1.30 so I go by my own scales in the morning - still 9,1 even with a couple of skinny cappuccinos yesterday at work :). I got really ill - worst migraine ever had - after waiting until after she arrives to have shake and water - blooming stupid it's only a number. Anyway, thats why now I have my breakfast shake, water and coffee as normal. I haven't had a migraine since :).

Have a brill day too fireloss and I your new diary thread is great xx

Well my fIrst day on 1000 went really well. Had normal choc shake hot this morning, then for lunch I had 150 cals worth of blueberries,, strawberries and mixed fruit with the new mullet Greek style yogurt. Very filling, so kept back some to eat after picking up kids. As 1000 are more 'normal' meals, my OH is having the same as me from now on - a lot less hassle than cooking different things :). Dinner was chicken coated in spices with brown basmati rice and a large salad. Really enjoyed the fruit and rice today and still got my choc shake to look forward to later. All ok so far :-/.

Soel said:
Well my fIrst day on 1000 went really well. Had normal choc shake hot this morning, then for lunch I had 150 cals worth of blueberries,, strawberries and mixed fruit with the new mullet Greek style yogurt. Very filling, so kept back some to eat after picking up kids. As 1000 are more 'normal' meals, my OH is having the same as me from now on - a lot less hassle than cooking different things :). Dinner was chicken coated in spices with brown basmati rice and a large salad. Really enjoyed the fruit and rice today and still got my choc shake to look forward to later. All ok so far :-/.

Delighted to hear all well with day 1 on 1000- your lunch sounds delicious- hope the headaches have gone-
Keep going - I'll be joint you soon

Hi Soel! Found u here! So just popping by to catch up and subscribe! Xx

Soel said:

All sounds gorgeous. Glad you've enjoyed your first day :) x

fireloss said:
Delighted to hear all well with day 1 on 1000- your lunch sounds delicious- hope the headaches have gone-
Keep going - I'll be joint you soon

Thanks hun, we'll do it together xx

Littlest-cupcake said:
Hi Soel! Found u here! So just popping by to catch up and subscribe! Xx

Hi LC :). I'm chuffed you found me, I'm following your maintenance journey for inspiration and where else can I see such yummy food photos!!! :). Xx

Rkmriddell said:
All sounds gorgeous. Glad you've enjoyed your first day :) x

Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it. Xx

Day 2 maintenance 1000 - really enjoyed the food again today:). Still sticking to my food plan, so still feel safe and in control.

Brekkie - scrambled egg with chopped mushrooms and spring onion on granary toast
lunch - cranberry bar and skinny cappuccino (I can't live without costa coffee skinny Cappuccinos and I refused to give these up even when SSing - probably why it's taken me longer but I don't care lol!
Pm snack - strawberries and blueberries
Dinner - steak and stout casserole (CD recipe) with green beans and half a baked potato. (can't believe how yummy this was).

Still got mint choc shake to have later while watching Corrie :)

Felt like a 'normal person's' food day today IYKWIM :).

Haven't weighed myself, might even leave it until Wednesday WI day if I can resist on Sat.

Soel said:
Day 2 maintenance 1000 - really enjoyed the food again today:). Still sticking to my food plan, so still feel safe and in control.

Brekkie - scrambled egg with chopped mushrooms and spring onion on granary toast
lunch - cranberry bar and skinny cappuccino (I can't live without costa coffee skinny Cappuccinos and I refused to give these up even when SSing - probably why it's taken me longer but I don't care lol!
Dinner - steak and stout casserole (CD recipe) with green beans and half a baked potato. (can't believe how yummy this was).

Haven't weighed myself, might even leave it until Wednesday WI day if I can resist on Sat.

That all sounds very yummy Hun! Did u do the casserole in a slow cooker? Xx

Soel said:

Sounds absolutely delicious- your diet is definatey that normal person diet that you refer to- which is where we need to end up at

I can't wait to have a slice of bread!!

Keep going

Wow, looks like normal food. I really feel like I will pile on the pounds moving from ss to 1000. I guess I can up the exercise a little. The cd cookbook is ace. Is that recipe from there?

Littlest-cupcake said:
That all sounds very yummy Hun! Did u do the casserole in a slow cooker? Xx

Hi LC, yes I batched cooked 12 portions in the slow cooker lol! I love my slow cooker :) Just x the recipe by 3 as it was for 4 to start with. It said it was Ok to freeze so I'll just take the portion out to defrost the night before. The gravy is prob a bit runnier when defrosted, but I don't mind it still tastes nice.

Have a great day hun and I'll catch up with you later on your diary :) xxx

fireloss said:
Sounds absolutely delicious- your diet is definatey that normal person diet that you refer to- which is where we need to end up at

I can't wait to have a slice of bread!!

Keep going

Thanks for your support fireloss - I'd love to be 'normal' around food lol. Work in progress!! Have a great day, 1000 or 810 xxx

AnnieAnnie said:
Wow, looks like normal food. I really feel like I will pile on the pounds moving from ss to 1000. I guess I can up the exercise a little. The cd cookbook is ace. Is that recipe from there?

Hi AnnieAnnie, I know what you mean about worrying about gain with carbs. I was so close to getting on scales this morning but I resisted as I don't think I could stay as positive if I saw I'd put on. I'll wait a bit longer :).

I haven't got the CD cookbook, but I've got the old version yellow book with a few recipes. Here the steak and stout casserole one:

600g very lean stewing steak diced
1 tablespoon flour
1 medium onion sliced
3 medium carrots cut into chunks
440ml can of stout (Guinness). Wooooohooo
3 tablespoons tomato puree
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
250g small mushrooms

Place flour and steak in large plastic bag and shake to coat

Place all ingredients except mushrooms in large casserole dish, stir and cook at 160, gas mark 3 for 1 and quarter hours

Remove from oven, stir in mushrooms and cook for further 30 mins.

Or as I did, followed step 1 with flour, then just bunged everything in slow cooker and left for about 5 hours lol

Hope this helps, best of luck for your step up :). Xx

Back