Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

Flipping heck - very professional eh? :rolleyes: Not a huge gain but must make u wonder what to do next - I guess 10k cd be classed as moderately active - if ur sure ur up to that? Ur calcs do seem complicated - but guess once ur used to ur gadget - it'll be a big help and get easier to do - good luck - main thing is that u get betterx

I'm back to fasting 3 days a week @750 calories from Monday, just trying to work out what to have as a guide for my UDs. 10,000 steps is more a target to work towards in the hope that when I get to goal I can still have a decent amount of calories if I'm moving my butt a bit more...currently I'm at about 2,500 steps a day :eek: I'm off for the next 2 weeks with a note as my ESR levels are still high and basically it's the constant painkillers that are making me feel better and reducing the swelling....if I stopped them I'd be back where I was....so hospital appointment next week to rule out anything else with a scan. Annoyed about the gain but I did eat most of yesterday's calories late last night and it was pasta..so maybe a bit of bloat. Hopefully next week it will be gone with a few extra as well :) I always mean to ask upndown, do you have a diary?? Had a look but couldn't see one. x

I'm back to fasting 3 days a week @750 calories from Monday, just trying to work out what to have as a guide for my UDs. 10,000 steps is more a target to work towards in the hope that when I get to goal I can still have a decent amount of calories if I'm moving my butt a bit more...currently I'm at about 2,500 steps a day :eek: I'm off for the next 2 weeks with a note as my ESR levels are still high and basically it's the constant painkillers that are making me feel better and reducing the swelling....if I stopped them I'd be back where I was....so hospital appointment next week to rule out anything else with a scan. Annoyed about the gain but I did eat most of yesterday's calories late last night and it was pasta..so maybe a bit of bloat. Hopefully next week it will be gone with a few extra as well :) I always mean to ask upndown, do you have a diary?? Had a look but couldn't see one. x

Hi - I think ur doing really well - managing ur work & personal lives as well as ur recovery - a lot to focus on!

No I don't have a diary - don't fancy having to run one!! Rather like being a floater!! I've been messing about food wise for almost a fortnight now - must get back on track 2moro - will plan a week's worth of meals and do the food shop 2moro - can feel the extra blubber uuuugh!!

My first day back fasting after a wee break :happy036:! Glad to get things back moving again hopefully. Am keeping my fast days @750 calories as when I did this before it didn't really have an impact on my rate of weight loss and the extra calories mean I can have milk in my tea and coffee during the day.

Monday - DD

Milk and soft drink - 150 calories
Low Low Chicken Tikka - 326 calories
Laughing cow dip - 78 calories
Apple and watermelon jelly - 10 calories
Sandwich thin - 100 calories
Light laughing cow - 25 calories
Slice of smoked ham - 20 calories

Total for the day - 709 calories

Hope you managed to get back on track upndown x

My first day back fasting after a wee break :happy036:! Glad to get things back moving again hopefully. Am keeping my fast days @750 calories as when I did this before it didn't really have an impact on my rate of weight loss and the extra calories mean I can have milk in my tea and coffee during the day.

Monday - DD

Milk and soft drink - 150 calories
Low Low Chicken Tikka - 326 calories
Laughing cow dip - 78 calories
Apple and watermelon jelly - 10 calories
Sandwich thin - 100 calories
Light laughing cow - 25 calories
Slice of smoked ham - 20 calories

Total for the day - 709 calories

Hope you managed to get back on track upndown x

Oh I'm impressed with ur 709 cals - I think I ate that in 5 seconds at one point today!! How are u feeling now?

I'm still off plan BIG style - been ok since Jan 2 - not sure what's gone wrong - so booked a session with hypnotherapist - drastic I know but not sure what else to do .... been once b4 years ago - it worked well for a long time - until I stopped listening to accompanying cd - keep ur fingers crossed for mex

Second fast of the week...and I'd all my calories eaten by half past eleven this morning :doh: Have survived since then on one 10 calorie sugar free jelly and a vat of diet coke. I woke up hungry, have no idea why and it has been a real struggle all day not to just cave and eat till I burst. Have hospital appointment tomorrow to check out where my cough and wheeze has come from with another x ray and a scan. Feel really tired today and this is probably why I've struggled. Old me would have made myself feel better with lots of sugary, fatty, salty food...and sometimes it is clear to see, like today, that old me is just a fraction below the surface! I'd love to be able to just eat without thinking of the calories and consequences all the time. Just need to suck it up and march on as no one else can lose the weight for me.

Well done on keeping it under control! Even if the old you isn't that far under the surface you obviously have her well under control.

Thanks Lexie and Kitty x

This has to have been the hungriest week I've had in forever. Every single day...both UDs and DDs has been a complete struggle not to lose the plot. I have no idea what has caused it but after using every single bit of willpower I possess to stay on track the blooming scales better give me a good loss tomorrow or I will eat the contents of the fridge! Have stayed away from them all week as I knew seeing a number I didn't like would cause me to cave. I was so looking forward to getting back to fasting but it has been a tough week and all I feel is grumpy...and hungry! :(

Had x-ray at hospital and instead of being let go when they checked it I was made to wait nearly 2 hours to see a consultant. Freaked me out a bit as I was wondering what they had seen on it. Normally you just get the results back through your own GP a few days later. Anyway I have a chest infection..something to do with fluid showing on the x-ray. Antibiotics and an inhaler to go home with after I'd had to cough up into a specimen pot to have it tested...nice!!! All probably related to the sore throat/flu I had that may have given me the achy joints and sore legs. I don't actually feel that bad, just have no energy and need to keep to the painkiller routine. At least it has kept work quiet...you can't argue with an x-ray :)

Heading to bed....to dream of food :zz: Hope everyone has had a good day x

Glad works quiet now and your packed up with more meds. It's been a while now and you've still carried on with your eating plans. Fantastic! Really hope it's a good one tomorrow! Xxx

It amazes me how good you are at staying on track with all that is going on in your life. First sign of trouble and I cave in to everything.
Hope the scales have been kind this morning x

It amazes me how good you are at staying on track with all that is going on in your life. First sign of trouble and I cave in to everything. Hope the scales have been kind this morning x

Couldn't agree more, you should be ultra proud of yourself!!!

Thanks ladies x The reason I'm keeping such a tight grip on my eating despite everything is it feels like the one thing I have total control over at the minute. And I know if I give up and think I'll get back to it when I'm back to full health, or have moved or am in a new relationship, then I can see myself in 5 years time 5 stones heavier wishing I hadn't given up and eating myself into an early grave. I am determined, after half hearted attempts before to sort out my weight, that this time is the last time and I will get to where I want to be. Life is too short to constantly be on this diet or that diet or feeling miserable about my size. I want to lose the weight, put it behind me and get on with living. I don't want to trail my weight problem with me through the rest of my life....I've wasted enough years doing that x

Weigh in this morning....4.6lbs off. So that's last week's gain and an additional 2.8lbs. Have to admit my first thought when I saw the number was to treat myself to a day off with goodies and a takeaway....:eek:...:eek:...need to stop seeing food as a reward!

Thanks ladies x The reason I'm keeping such a tight grip on my eating despite everything is it feels like the one thing I have total control over at the minute. And I know if I give up and think I'll get back to it when I'm back to full health, or have moved or am in a new relationship, then I can see myself in 5 years time 5 stones heavier wishing I hadn't given up and eating myself into an early grave. I am determined, after half hearted attempts before to sort out my weight, that this time is the last time and I will get to where I want to be. Life is too short to constantly be on this diet or that diet or feeling miserable about my size. I want to lose the weight, put it behind me and get on with living. I don't want to trail my weight problem with me through the rest of my life....I've wasted enough years doing that x

Weigh in this morning....4.6lbs off. So that's last week's gain and an additional 2.8lbs. Have to admit my first thought when I saw the number was to treat myself to a day off with goodies and a takeaway....:eek:...:eek:...need to stop seeing food as a reward!

that's amazing - well done - love ur explanation of your reasons to stick at it too - 100% agree - now just need to put it into practice!

Back