Ste's food diary! Comments, suggestions and advice very welcome!

Again, not a great day... but I've looked through my diaries in the last few days and concluded I'm not really eating enough. I'm certainly not eating enough free foods and not getting my 5-a-day. 8 syns is high for me, especially as I've had such a high syn binge earlier on in the week. If I can, I'll forgo my late night HiFi bar (6 syns) for some fruit... but we'll have to see whether I can get away with that. I'm giving myself the option anyway, so as to avoid torture!

Also, today I'm going to up until about 3-4am as it's the American election debate and I'm a bit of a geek like that... so my meal TIMES are a bit weird today:-

Breakfast 1130am
Lunch 3pm
Salad Snack 7pm
Tea 11pm
Snack 2am

I know that's against the 'don't eat late at night' rule, but I'm not sitting up till 4am being hungry so I'm going to break that rule today!

The scales seem to be moving down slowly this week - I think come my weigh in day on Thursday I'll have lost a couple of pounds this week. If I loose three pounds, I'll have got my Club 10 this week, although that's not very likely given my naughty night this week. I might do a success express day tomorrow to speed things up a bit.

Anyhow, keeping a food diary has been really useful for me... if only because I am planning my meals properly. I have broken my diary once... but all I did was replace one free meal with another free meal. Your comments are all really welcome and appreciated!

Ste
x

come on u need fruit..............

I've just eaten a Kiwi Fruit! Heh!

As I say, I might replace my late night Hi Fi bar with some fruit... but I don't wanna deprive myself with something sweet when I'm enjoying myself in the middle of the night doing something geeky that I love!

Heh thanks Janie... your reminders are helping me!

ste don't replace the hifi bar have it...........just have a bowl of fruit with low fat yogurt on as well...............muller or shape .........don't go without.....

yep i agree eat the hi fi bar and chop up some fruit n have that with it oh and a yoghurt maybe stick it all in a bowl together have crunchy(ish) hifi bar bits in your yoghurt and fruit

P.S. i avoided the bread at buffett though i did steal the whole tray of chopped up fruit and stick it my end of the table i gave everyone who came near it evils !

That's a good idea! I've dunked a HiFi bar in yoghurt before now... but never thought to try and put some fruit in too... I dunno why.

Anyhow, I'll give it a go!

Cheers
Ste
x

Before you need to throw out that fridge full of veges roast them then freeze them in portions for use later.... waste not want not!

Wednesday

Red Day

Milk for tea and coffee throughout the day HEXA

Brunch

2 Bowyers 5% sausages 2 syns
Bacon
2 eggs fried in Fry Light
Mushrooms fried in Fry Light
Baked Beans HEXB
2 slices Wholemeal bread HEXB

Snack

Kiwi Fruit

Tea

Ham
Cheese HEXA
Lettuce
Peppers
Beetroot
Tomatoes
Spring Onion
Cucumber
Maybe an egg
Balsamic Vinegar
Salad Cream 1 syn

Snack

Apple and natural yoghurt

28lb gone since 12th Sept????? If that's right then it's amazing. Sod the fruit eating!!!!

No! That's my total weight loss, starting in mid August. I'm going at about a stone a month at the moment - which I'm happy with... but I'm pretty sure it'll slow down soon!

Blimey. Still very impressive. well done.

Thanks folks!

It's been good keeping a food diary for a week and I'd definitely recommend it to folks who have been going for a while and want to make sure they're still on plan. It's easy to get into the habit of cheating 'just a little' and not sticking to plan. You can't do that if you've got a food diary cause it's right there in front of you! This week, I'd used up far too many flexible syns and needed to be a good boy all week... and a food diary helped me do that.

For me, it was useful to write down early in the day what I was going to have for the rest of the day. Then stick to it. That way, I knew I was completely on plan and sticking to what I should have been doing.

But, it's a bit of a pain in the ass posting every single day. Heh. So if I show a loss this week (which I think I will!) I'm giving up my food diary for now. I'll be back if I ever veer off track.

Thanks very much for all your comments and suggestions (particularly about fruit and veg! Yeah, I know I don't eat enough!).

Ste
x

I know I said I wasn't going to keep up with a food diary... but today I'm having a flexible syns day (allowing myself 30 syns for a night out)... so I'm going to write down everything I plan to have and compare it to tomorrow to check whether I'm on track!

So, today isn't supposed to be a healthy day, it's a 'naughty' day but one where I can still have a night out whilst following the plan using flexible syns. I know my loss this week might be affected by that, and take that on board. But I don't want to completely loose control and start drinking pints (10 syns each!) and eating a big burger (25 syns!) at the end of the night. I'm going to write down what I honestly think I can have, whilst still having a good time and sticking (ish) to the plan.

Saturday

Green day

Breakfast

Hi-Fi Bar HEXB

Lunch

Jacket Potato
Cheese HEXA
Beans

Snack

Fruit
Yoghurt
Hi Fi Bar HEXB

Night out

6 vodka diet cokes 15 syns
2 vodka diet red bulls 5 syns
Chicken Kebab (Meat and Salad only) 8 syns

Wish me luck! I can hopefully stick to that...

Well, it's about time I started writing everything down again.

I'm almost at target, but I put a lb on this week and I imagine much of that will have been because I wasn't watching closely enough what I was up to.

So here we go again!

Back