Steve M & Big H - buddy call?

HI Steve,

How are you feeling? I had a wonky day yesterday, but back on track today - had a birthday over the weekend so that was a factor, BUT all good today, will get through and drink lots and hopefully flush out any damage - WI day is thursday for me so still a few days to get some positive movement on the scales.

Hope you are feeling better x

Hi Guys

I have just restarted again too, have just under 4 stone to lose hopefully before Xmas, but am now on my 7th day so things should get easier, I am really impressed by how much water you can all drink, I really must try and get more down my neck

Keep going

Hi all;

Well, I am still feeling rough, but it is only for a few days and if it sorts out the beginnings of the abcess that I have then fine.

I have not broken SS at all so far. Still in K-land which is great so the tabs are having no effect there, but I still do not feel cold. Strange. All I remember from last time is how damn cold I felt all the time. I do not have that this time, but am well into ketosis now by a few days.

My weigh-in is Wednesday and I cannot wait to see what has happened. My wife has bought a new set of scales since I binned the last lot, but have resisted the urge to get on them. No point really, as I do not know what weight I was registering on those at the start. All that matters is what the CDC's scales say.

So, half-way through the course of tabs (almost), almost half-way through my initial spell of SS before I swap to low-carb food for the spell of hard labour in France .......

Fingers crossed! Hope you are all doing well.

Steve

Hi Steve

It's really strange, I haven't felt cold at all this time either, I was putting it down to it being summer, although we haven't really had much of that this year have we!!

JulieJ

I know - its v. odd. I was waiting to get cold to know I was in ketosis, but it just has not happened this time at all.

Maybe it is because of summer .... well, it's warmer than winter anyway - just!

Steve

HI there,

Had a great day yesterday after wonky weekend - so feeling back to positive !! Hoping for another good day today WI is thursday so 2 more pure days and I am sure I will see a good loss. How are you feeling Steve?

Hi guys,

Mind if I but in?

Just happened to notice the comment about feeling cold. I sometimes post on another forum and haven't seen anything about being cold before but I have been felling cold recently. So, is this a sign of being in ketosis?
I'm on week 5 (AAM) at the mo and my ketostix showed negative yesterday and I'd put 0.6 pounds from previous day - I was still cold though. Back into ketosis today and lost the 0.6 pounds so don't know what happened there - I'd had cottage cheese & cucumber so don't know why that would throw me out of ketosis. Still feeling cold but don't mind if it means I'm burning fat!

Hi Sweet,

Cold is deffo a sign of very low cal diet, the first time I did it for 8 months and I feel teh cold normally BUT boy was I cold!! Extra jumpers and socks!! Well done on week 5 - how much have you lost so far?

I found a hot water with the flavoring in helped a bit - have you trie that?

Bad Breath

Hi Guys

Are any of you suffering from this, and if you are can you recommend anything, my CD says it is the Ketosis, does it last for long?

Please help!

JulieJ

hi JJ,

Just keep wrapped up, and hot drinks, water flavored with teh flavoring, have you tried the shakes hot?

I found I was cold some days worse than others for most of my journey! (Sorry!)

I find its just my hands that are cold mainly, I have been finding a hot water bottle useful later at night or a hot bath. Havent tried any of the shakes hot, which ones do you suggest, I seem to be sticking to banana at the moment with an occasional soup. I seem to have a horrible taste in my mouth most of the time, does anyone else have this problem. Losing weight though so shouldn't complain, do other diet is as good as this for fast weight loss:)

Hi stilltoowide,

I've put a jumper and socks on today. Glad to hear it's the diet - my hubby thinks I'm a nutter complaining about the cold all the time.
I've lost 20.5 pounds so far. I know that's not bad but I was on this years ago and lost 4 stone in 3 months and found it easy peasy.

My experience is just so different this time round - last time I was never hungry and felt totally energised (and I cheated all the time as I sucked several packets of fruit gums every day). This time I've stuck to it to the letter and I feel hungry, tired and cold and am losing weight more slowly. I guess it's a sign of getting older :giggle:

Still, I'm not despondent - I know that I'll stick to it until I'm at my goal weight (and I'll do the maintenance properly this time too). It's just going to take a bit longer than I wanted it to.

you have lost nearly 1stone and 1/2 in 5 weeks THATS FAB!! To be honest unless you are male - most people on SS will loose a stone a month - I found it easy last time - was completely focused and not ONE piece of non CD passed my lips in 8months!! But I have had countless re-starts this year longest one was around 2 weeks!:confused:

BUT this time I do feel better - so hopefully can drop around4-5 stone and get to goal - But to be honest 3 stone will make me look really good - did this last time but I know I really need a buffer so 4 stone would give me that and 5 would make me 9stone or just under(have never been that weight!!:) But I carry 11stone really nicely even though that is too high according to BMI charts (although I do not pay a lot of attention to them!)

How much more do you want to loose?:)

Hi JJ,

I like the chocolate shake hot - it doesn't just taste like a hot chocolate though as it seems to have more substance to it and makes me feel fuller for longer. Haven't tried the others hot yet.

I'm generally having soups - I just adore the Oriental Chilli which I thought I'd hate and I also have vegetable soup and the chicken and mushroom soup. Not keen on the tomato which I find really sweet and I was put off the cheese and broccoli soup by my CDC who reckons it smells a bit pungent. I've tried each of the flavoured bars but prefer the peanut and the cranberry as they're more chewy and filling than I find the fudgy textured ones.

Some peeps freeze the shakes and have them like ice-cream but, with feeling cold, I haven't got round to trying that yet.

I haven't noticed any bad taste in my mouth at all and my hubby reckons my breath doesn't smell although I do find it hard to get into ketosis and have only been on the next level up from traces on the ketostix so maybe that's why. Perhaps you're excreting higher ketone levels and burning fat off quicker. I'd swap bad breath for losing weight quicker any day! LOL

hi guys.

the bad breath/funy taste is deffo ketosis. if you drink more water JJ this should help get rid of the taste, a goodmouthwash will help - last time I did it I chewed SF chewing gum all the time, it did not trigger any cravings for me (though CD say that as it could they do not advise) it did not effect my weight loss at all, but did make me confident that breath was fresh!

HOt shakes, lots of people like Toffee and Walnut hot, and Butterscotch, Banana hot tastes like Banana Custurd, - for a change I didn't like FOF shake but 1/2 mixed with 1/2 vanilla WAS LUSH (i had this cold though!)

My hands and toes, always were the worst! A handwarmer a good idea for winter and a hot water bottle at night a must!!

Chocolate yuk, how do you drink that stuff, felt like I was swallowing powder last time.

I might try the banana hot though.

Bye the way thanks or letting me join in I should have asked 2-3 messages ago - sorry.

This is my second time on sole source, I tried in March and lost two stone, then had the summer off, mainly because I couldn't get my head right, started again last Monday so looking forward to weigh in on Thursday. 3 Stone to lose at least by 22 Deember (wedding day).:)

JJ- you are most welcome - no need to ask!
You will easily do that if you stick to it! -19th dec is my birthday and I hope to be 3-4st down by then! We can do it!

We have both got something to look forward to in December, so we will have to keep it up. I have to say I am being an angel at the moment, so fingers crossed. Need to be able to sunbathe, havent been on holiday for 3 years and really looking forward to it.

Back