Steve M & Big H - buddy call?

HI STW

What day is your weigh in and when did you start back again?

I don't think I will ibe in the 11s by Xmas, have got a hen night or two to get through before then, lts of red wine if I can still drink!!:cry:

Don't worry about spelling mistakes you should see some of mine.

Chatting really does take your mind off food doesn't it.

JJ

Well, weigh-in has happened ........

6lbs down! Not bad considering that is coming off the back of a bout of food poisoning where my body had got rid of anything it had and I hadn't eaten for 3 days (at all) prior to starting SS. That robbed me of some serious poundage to be included in the loss as my glyco stores were already gone!!

It sounds stupid to say, but even though I am happy that 6lbs are gone, I am disappointed it was not more, being the first week!!

Hope you all do well at your respective weigh-ins.

Steve

Week 1: -6 lbs

JJ - wi is thursday - tomorrow! Chatting does distract you, just shows how often we eat when we are not actually hungry, water or a drink normally takes the edge off for me.

Steve - 6lbs with no glyco stores is great - AND i bet you have a BIG week next week - are you feeling better now?

opps - started back last thursday BUT was BAD over the weekend - so weight lost on thurs/fri was back on by Mon - but been great mon/tues and today so far!

Still feeling rough from the anti-biotics. Had a bad night last night, was awake most of it with nausea. Only tabs to take until Friday lunchtime then they are all gone - course finished - so I can stick it out till then. I just seem to spend most of the time sleeping!

I am finding it much, much, tougher this time than last. Maybe it is because I started 5st 5lbs lighter than I did last time and my body does not have as much to give up and is fighting against me - maybe it is starting to take the anti-biotics 2 days into SS - who knows. This time I have TERRIBLE cravings, and I just cannot get food out of my head. Stupid thing is, that when I am awake what do I choose to watch on the TV ...... food and cookery shows!! I am deliberately torturing myself!!

I have finally and completely gone mad!

Steve.

BTW - I broke SS last night when I was feeling sick - I ate two raw runner beans :)

Hi Steve, glad you are feeling a bit better.

I had to laugh at you watching cookery programmes. I have been doing that too, thinking "when I can eat again, I could make that and that" Like I will remember in 3 months time. I have been watching Jamie Oliver a lot now that we have built 8 vegetable plots, but he uses so many herbs I forget what goes with what. God I know what you mean about felling mad about it all ......... This is propbably why we are all on CD

Well done on your weigh in

JJ

ps. Does anyone know how we find this thread easier, I have real trouble scrolling down to find it every time

STW,

I do not think I will have a big week this week. 2 reasons:
  1. Before SS I came out of a week of illness after food-poisoning where my body got rid of everything it had and more. That week I lost almost a stone just through being ill.
  2. Last time I was losing my weight I lost 8lbs in the first week, and then consistently week in, week out I lost 4 lbs. This only slowed up towards the end when I started eating again.
My money is on 3 or 4 lbs, possibly less this week - just based on what happened last time. The reason I think it might be less is because being lighter this time my BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is lower meaning that I need less calories to stay where I am, so this time round the VLCD is not as big a difference as it was before.

Only just seen this thread - I'm in

PS - Steve - out off those tickers, I have manged to pick one almost the same as yours Lol

hi Big H!!
Steve you may be right we all lose at such different rates, only time will tell. And the fact that you dropped a stone thru illness - BUT silver lining thats loads gone in 2 weeks!!

STW

STW - Exactly the way I am looking at it. I am basing my ticker on the starting weight of my 1st weigh-in with my CDC this time round which was 13st. However, I was already SS for 3 days by then, and had the week of illness. When I weighed myself after my holidays I was 14st 2 lbs, so I suppose I have really dropped 22 lbs so far, though I did cheat a bit by getting ill. I know this diet is drastic, but what I went through that week was 10x worse believe me!!!

Well, today has been absolute HELL ON EARTH!!!

I have finished the anti-biotics, but for some reason I seem to have dropped out of ketosis and have absolutely no idea why ....

I miscounted yesterday and had 5 packs by mistake, but that still only takes me to about 700 calories, so no way that would have been it.

It makes no sense and I feel awful ...... worse cravings than ever ....

hi steve,

how are yoyu today? I have had a TERRIBLE weekend, so trying again today - as I feel so bloated. FAR too many carbs, just ridiculous scoffing no control at all.

Heres hoping for a better day today.

I am sticking to it, apart from probably having too much Coke Zero. I drank a few to "bloat" myself. It seemed to stop the cravings, but I suppose it was a stupid thing to do. At least there are no carbs in it I suppose.

I suppose technicaly it is a break of the rules, but it got me through the tough bit ....

I only have to do this until Wed weigh-in anyway, and then I start the re-intro of food ready for the week in the hard labour camp in France!!

Hope you are all coping .....

Well, only 11 hours and 45 minutes to my next weigh-in. Don't feel like I have achieved anything this week at all. I am in ketosis, so I guess I must have .... we'll see soon. The body is a very strange thing as we have all found out.

What's happening with the rest of you - you have all gone quiet!

Well weigh-in has happened ..... and I was right. Just a 2 lb loss this week. I don't know why I am so disappointed - this is just what I was expecting and predicted a week ago ... so why so down!

One plus is that my CDC took my waist measurement again, and amazingly I had dropped 1.75" off my waist ...... how does that tally with only a 2lb loss???????

Ah well - I'll just have to hope that next week's spell of hard labour in France helps rather than hinders .....

I am going armed with loads bars and tetras, but I think I will need food for the intensity of the work, but I am going prepared just in case. As they say, PPPPPP .... Proper Preparation Prevents P*ss Poor Performance!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be back to SS on my return though ....

Well weigh-in has happened ..... and I was right. Just a 2 lb loss this week. I don't know why I am so disappointed - this is just what I was expecting and predicted a week ago ... so why so down!

One plus is that my CDC took my waist measurement again, and amazingly I had dropped 1.75" off my waist ...... how does that tally with only a 2lb loss???????

Ah well - I'll just have to hope that next week's spell of hard labour in France helps rather than hinders .....

I am going armed with loads bars and tetras, but I think I will need food for the intensity of the work, but I am going prepared just in case. As they say, PPPPPP .... Proper Preparation Prevents P*ss Poor Performance!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be back to SS on my return though ....

Day 16 for me today. Lost 10 pounds 1st week, 7 pounds 2nd week.

Started 19 stone 3, now 18 Stone 0

Actually starting to get a bit easier now - I found the first 13 days hell this time round. Another 4-5 weeks on SS for me I reckon

If France does not damage me too much (it didn't last time - I was eating like a horse and lost 6 lbs, so if I am careful this time ....) - I reckon I can be at target (or just above) in 3 or 4 weeks, and then start moving up the steps properly.

Eeeeeek!!!!

Thought I would put my cunning plan for eating into action today after weigh-in. My master plan was to have a v. healthy breakfast such as organic oats, skimmed milk, and a grated apple. This would, I believe, give the body enough to burn during the morning whilst working. If necessary I would have a bar on hand for mid-morning just as a low-cal top-up. For lunch I would have just straight salad leaves and protein, a mid afternoon snacklet or another bar or a tetra, and then evening meal would be the same again - salad & protein. I reckon that would have me on about 1000 - 1200 cals. I will be glugging the water of course - that goes without saying!

BUT .....

I just tried a few salad leaves (no dressing), and a grilled chicken breast (nothing added) ...... tasted great, but my body almost instantly (within 15 minutes) rejected it in the most violent way I have experienced in a while.

Now, it could have been a bad chicken breast, though it was freshly bought, or I maybe still have a little of the stomach virus hanging around from the week prior to me starting the 17 days of SS .....

I will try again later, but this has me worried now.

Back