Steve M & Big H - buddy call?

Hi all, been busy DIYing today. Advantages of being made redundant :)

Anyway, I am still on track. No glitches so far. Weigh-in is tomorrow, so we will see how I have done. I have no idea because I have not stepped on the scales at all.

As to the feeling cold, it is a result of the ketosis and there is no avoiding. Apparently it is due to the body retaining all heat internally to "protect" the vital organs during what it percieves as a time of famine/attack.

As for the funny taste, I had that first time but not this time. It was a sort of salty/metallic type taste .... permanently - no matter how much water I drank.

I hope the fact that I am not cold and do not have a strange taste in my mouth does not mean that my body is only "playing" at being in ketosis and that my weight loss will be cr*p. NOt sure I could put myself through this and see little afterwards.

Fingers crossed for 10:00am tomorrow.

Steve

Good luck for tomorrow Steve, you will have done brill! Are you feeling better??

JJ -Mauritius - when do you get married? Are you out for xmas and new year?

you have lost nearly 1stone and 1/2 in 5 weeks THATS FAB!! To be honest unless you are male - most people on SS will loose a stone a month - I found it easy last time - was completely focused and not ONE piece of non CD passed my lips in 8months!! But I have had countless re-starts this year longest one was around 2 weeks!:confused:

How much more do you want to loose?:)

Thanks - I had no idea what the average weight loss on CD was.

I want to lose another 3 stone so looks like I'll be on CD for a while yet. I'm planning on buying a fab dress in a size 10-12 for Christmas so maybe I'll have to step up the exercise later when I've got a bit more energy.

Hope the latest restart will be your final one!

Chocolate yuk, how do you drink that stuff, felt like I was swallowing powder last time.

I might try the banana hot though.

I can't imagine hot banana but I'll try anything once. Sorry you don't like the chocolate - do you use a blender to mix it? I've only just bought a blender and I must admit I prefer to hand mix the soups so that the little bits of carrot in the vegetable soup stay a bit hard and crunchy. The other day though I had a cold vanilla shake and it had clumps of powder in it - ew it was so disgusting - hence my rushing out and buying a blender!

jj - a christmas wedding with all the soft lights =fantastic!! Hope to see some pictures do you have a size/weight that you would like to be by then? Is your dressmaker ready to make some adjustments or will you buy your dress nearer the time?

Sweet Pea - some people lose quicker esp the first month I lost 2stone or very close the first time round so it may be quicker than you think.

The exercise will not speed up the weightloss as you are on so small cals, gentle walking/slow swimming nothing more! I am hoping for a dress for xmas will prob be a 14 maybe a 12! never been near a size 10!

We will have to post pictures!

As to the feeling cold, it is a result of the ketosis and there is no avoiding. Apparently it is due to the body retaining all heat internally to "protect" the vital organs during what it percieves as a time of famine/attack.

Steve

Thanks for the explanation Steve - I look forward to being cold now that I know it means I'm burning off fat!

Good luck with th weigh in tomorrow - you've probably burnt off fat with your DIY today - I'm just off to emulsion our newly plastered porch so I'd better put some effort in!

Pity there's no 'Thanks' or 'Edit' buttons on this site as there are on MSE - I really must check my spelling before I submit replies in future!

Sweetpea, You are doing fantastically well losing 1 and a half stone in the first five weeks, well done. I lost 2 stone in six weeks the first time I did SS in March then it went down hill for the rest of the summer but back on form now, 8 days in.

Hope you didn't think I was being rude about the chocolate, I have never really been a chocolate fan, more of a savoury and red wine person, but thats why I'm on CD now.:(

STW - Haven't even looked for a dress yet, was waiting until I could get down to a realistic weight before I looked, will have to start soon though I suppose :):character00250:

Sweetpea, You are doing fantastically well losing 1 and a half stone in the first five weeks, well done.

Thanks a lot

Hope you didn't think I was being rude about the chocolate, I have never really been a chocolate fan, more of a savoury and red wine person, but thats why I'm on CD now.:(

Of course I didn't think you were being rude - everyone likes different things although I must admit I can't imagine not liking chocolate! Mind you, the shake isn't really anywhere near chocolatey enough for me.

What do you think of the soups? and have you tried the savoury additive for water? - I can't begin to imagine what that is like! Sounds yuk to me.

hi sweet,

the savoury drink is like an oxo type thing, quite salty but a pleasent change!

how are you today steve, what time do you get weighed - good luck.

I have had 2 great days and feeling fine.

STW

Hi Sweet

I tend to stick to the chicken and mushroom and vegetable in the soups. Tried the vegetable drink once but wasn't very keen. The fruit flavourings are quite nice both hot and cold, make quite a sweet change when you have been drinking black coffee all day.

Not feeling very motivated today, doesn't help when I am cooking all of my partners meals, although I have resisted temptation to pinch anything up to now. I would only be cheating myself..........

Hope you are all keeping well today, keep smiling and think slim thoughts

JulieJ

Hey JJ

Be strong think of how amzing you will feel in around 100 days !! So will you start looking in November for the dress or before?
Have you taken your measurements yet? Its amazing how quickly the inches fall ...

STWx

Hi STW

I'm going to a trade fair in a couple of weeks, which might get me motivated, to be quite honest I have put it all to one side to concentrate on weight loss. I think I will get really excited once I start looking. Some people say that you have to buy about 3 months before, but not sure as I have never been to a shop looking yet.

I will get my head back into gear, think I need to drink more water.:)

JulieJ

hi jj,

neck the water, do you drink sparkling or still - i used to hate sparkling, bt like it now! 3 months in advance, gosh! Are you having a big church do - or a more private affair? I have always said I wanted to get married around christmas - sucker for all teh white lights! What made you choose a xmas one?

Good idea to get focused on your weightloss, when its going well its amazing how invincable you can think you are - I love that part -n the being in control element.

It may be on here somewhere - can you re-fresh my memory how long have you been ss and how much have you lost?

Is hubby to be supportive?

STW xx

Hi STW

I started in March at a whopping 17-9, then kind of stoped and started, stopped and started all summer, Started again 9 days ago, I was 15-5 at my weigh in last Thursday, so hopefull will be in the 14's tomorrow. I will be happy to be 12-0 anything else will be a bonus for my small affair.

How are you doing? have you been on it long?

JJ x

hi JJ,

When I started last year I was over 20 stone! I got down to 11-7 by Novemeber (March-Novemebr) and have had a 2 stone gain this year, really just taking my eye of the carbs! So back on it now to get to 10ish - hopefully a touch lower! I am short house around 5-2!

Good luck with your WI 2morrow, let us know how you do! You'll see the 12's no doubt probably less if you ss with no blips!

Hi STW

Wow what a weight loss you had, I bet you must have felt amazing, I think you should change your title, your not "stilltoowide" at all. Maybe something like "Imdoingreallywell".:)

It is hard getting back on unless you mind is right, twice in the summer I put nearly a stone back on and quickly sole sourced it off, but head wasn't right. Thankfully it is right now.

feling much more motivated after speaking to you today. Thanks:party0011:

Well lets stick together until we get to our lovely figures again.

JJ

Deffo stick together, I can gain and lose a stone in a week!! So I am aware i will be battling for life - BUT I did feel fab , and I feel OK now, but looked less wide 2stone less!

My biggest problem was settling for the 11-7 everyone was saying how fab I looked I didn't need to lose more etc etc, easy for them to say as they had none been 10st heavier for such along time! When all along I wanted to get sub 10's! Ideally 9 so that I could play with a stone and a half limit!

So lets keep focused on our goals, each time you are tempted just think of that wonderful wedding and how brill you are gonna look and how happy you will feel!!

When I lose the weight maybe will change to "seeididit!"

Back