Steves Re-Loss Thread

Not a happy teddy at all today ....

Well, another weigh-in down, and the depression previously lifted has returned!

I have done almost EXACTLY the same this week as I did last (as last weeks result was okay), but the results have been completely different - in fact they could not be more different - they are exact opposites!

This week I have regained everything I lost last week. What a downer! 4 lbs gained.

What puzzles me even more, is that if anything I have been even stricter this week than last. My brain just cannot compute this .....

Okay, slight variations are that I am maybe drinking more water, I have the startings of a cold, have been to the gym more, and have been a little 'bunged' in ways not related to the cold :) , but I am not convinced that any of these would cause 4 lbs.

I am totally baffled - seems like my body has decided that 12st 1lb is where it wants to be, because that seems to be where it always gets back to now. Me wanting to be 11st or just under does not come into things ;)

I have had a LONG talk with my CDC, and she has suggested that maybe my body needs more food, so she has suggested the 1200, and that I should vary what I am eating when, and should try not to have the same thing more than a couple of times in the week. She says that the body can have a tendency to get lazy and adapt to what it is getting when it is getting the same thing all the time. She said that over time the tendency will still be to lose - it has to be due to the reduced calorie intake - but that the body will hit more plateaus for longer unless its intake varies a little.

Makes sense I suppose, and it seems to fit with what is happening to me. I have lapsed back into old habits very easily - not in that I eat cr*p, but that I eat the same thing at the same time on the same day.

I WILL NOT FAIL IN THIS THOUGH. I know where I want to be, and I know I can get there, and get there I will.

Steve.

Hi steve i would do as your CDC has advised and follow it to the letter for the week and see how it goes, it mabye is your getting a cold, i dont think drinking more water would cause a gain it would be the opposite i should think.

I just want you to know im thinking of you and do please try and keep your spirits up, as i myself know only too well how your feeling at the moment,

You never know you might be in for a brilliant loss next week.

Good Luck

Hi Steve

This is me! Except you've realised it alot sooner than I did!

I've managed to get back onto 790, If I try to SS by 8pm i've binged and it makes it all worse.

Wait until your mind is in the right place and ease yourself in by cutting out carbs then doing 790.

Im on day 4 (nearly 5) and normally i've faltered at day 2!

You can do it its just the second time around its far far far harder! Your body is stopping you before you start - because it knows whats coming! :O)

YOU CAN DO IT!

Nuts

Thanks Nuts;

I suppose I was expecting it to be as easy as I found it first time around - I just started the diet, and bar a few headaches in the first few days, I just waltzed through without a problem, a cheat, or even much of a think about a cheat.

As you rightly say - this time it is tough. My chatterboxes have been fitted with turbos and they just never shut-up now, and they far too easily convince me that I am okay where I am. I thought I had it sussed last week with a loss of 4lbs, but this week brought me back to Earth with a bump.

Anyway, I am in this for the long-haul now. I am not going to give up. I know where I want to be.

Oh, and to make my day complete - some muppet has just reversed into me in the car-park. I stress, reversed into ME, not my car, ME. My right leg hurts like hell now.

Steve.

:) Hey guys, so so glad I found this thread!
:eek: Thanks for getting it going Steve!

:confused: I'm on restart number????? and have managed 8 days of SS so far. I piled on 21lbs due to firstly me stuffing my face on holiday, being pregnant and getting complacent then having miscarriage number three and grabbing comfort food!!! :mad:

:rolleyes: But I'm back on track and its true we must remember just how far we have come. So much so that I have decided to alter my ticker to show total weight loss rather than since my restart!;)

:D Good luck and so much love to all!

:eek: Positive vibes
:) Eyes on the prize
:p Onwards & Downwards!x

Tell me about it. I know I have lost weight, but I am not that bl**dy thin as to be invisible!!

It has demonstrated one problem with losing weight though .....

He reversed into me and it hurt me. Before he would have reversed into me and written off his car.

And yes ladies ..... it was a bloke!

Steve.

Hi steve just found your thread and Snap and snap and snap!!!

I am starting SS for a month on sunday as I never did get to my "target" of 10.7, so I am reallly hoping I can do it, I am really determined and have a dreadful week where food is concerned and basically been in last supper mode all week, i dare not weigh as i know it will be a horrible shock and I am not sure i can deal with it, so I m starting on sunday, wish me luck , i have tried the "week 1 " LL thing, a bit like 790, but I am def an all or nothing girl and it just didnt work for me, i am hoping to finally get the point where i am no longer trying to lose weight but just maintain as i havent had that yet ( went to management to early, long story !!!)

hope you are ok after you r shunt, you sound focused today so long may that last.!xxx

Heidi;

Best of luck, and I really truly hope you get to where you want to be without too much of a struggle.

I am slowly getting my focus back .....

Steve

Well todays the day, off to "fat fighters " to refuel, so we will see. I do feel very determind and i have tried to mentally prepare myself , visulising my slimmer self in a months time.

well done on getting your focus back, I have been like a loopy thing the last 2 weeks!!!

Well, another weigh in down (only 6 days since last one due to changing schedules) ...... and my conclusion is that my body is having a bl**dy laugh :confused:

2 weeks ago, lost 4 pounds.
1 week ago, gained 4 pounds.
This week, lost 4 pounds.

My CDC's scales weight to the 1/10th of a pound, and the three weights are exactly 4 pounds.

I swear, I have changed nothing.

Confused,
Steve

Hey Steve

At least the scales are going in the right direction and I'm sure this will continue as you seem so focused.

I've started back on plan today, been off for 10 days, SS so far but still thinking about 790, would you recommend it.

Well done on your loss.

Well, 790 is fine. You still get the losses, and they are not much lower than SS, but you also get some food. It is that much tougher though, as you do have food. It takes more willpower I think to make sure that you only eat what you should.

It depends what you want to achieve I suppose. I tend to vary the plan that I am doing from 790 to 1200 and back again. This is because I have worked out that my body responds better to "not knowing" what it is going to get!! Although, my body is having the last laugh at the minute playing yo-yo's. :)

I must admit that I find losing weight whilst eating significantly tougher than SS. SS just takes food out of the equation and makes things easier (once you get past the wall and into ketosis), but Mr Moose advised against keep jumping on SS to lose the weight, so I am listening to him and not doing that.

I hope I can continue the losses and shift the last 13 lbs ....

Steve

Okay, the blip continues, but at least it is not 4 lbs this week. Up by 1 lb, which confuses me, but I can deal with it.

I must have done something wrong, but I cannot see anything in my food/drink diary to suggest what. Been to the gym etc etc.

Maybe just extra water on board or something. Well, onwards and downwards:

S.

Okay, another week down, more weight lost (- 2lbs this week). The general trend is downwards, so that is good. I have adjusted my "goal" weight down to aim for the middle of the "healthy/normal" BMI range, even though I know that BMI is generally regarded as a waste of time even by doctors these days and they tend to look more at Body Fat as an accurate guide. As my BMI is currently 26.1 and my Body Fat at 20.1%, that makes me 164 lbs made up of 32.96 lbs of fat, meaning 131.04 lbs lean body mass. So, if I set myself a target of 15% Body Fat (which my Doc says is a very healthy amount "for a man my age"!!!), that means that my Goal Weight should be 131.04 * 1.15 = 150.67 lbs, or 10st 11 lbs. I have set my target a little lower just so I have some scope for a few pounds back as the glycogen store build up again.

I hope I have my maths right!

Steve

BTW, I have done as you suggested Nicole. Gym is out for the moment, and as you said, the weight has started to drop again ....... that is really the only change in the past two weeks. Just shows you - you think you are doing the right thing ....

Steve

Trying .... but getting nowhere fast!

Hi guys - been absent for a while, but back again. I have been eating well and have lost a few more pounds, and am now 1lb lighter than when I finished the full course of LL Management .... so that is all goodness.

But, I seem to have stalled. I am not gaining weight - when you take a few weeks at a time. I do fluctuate up and down, but I am now relatively stable at 11.7, which is about 7lbs heavier than where I would ideally like to be. I can (and have) got below this, but it does not seem to be sustainable, and my body seems to have a natural tendency towards 11.7.

I have talked at length with my CDC, and she says that it may be the fact that my body fat %age (which now is around 15.1%) is such that I just do not have that much weight to give up anymore, even though some measurements (such as BMI) still rate me as overweight at 11.7.

I just wondered if any of you clever folks out there had any clever ideas on how I can shift these last few pounds?? It seems not to matter how far down I cut my calories, my body does not seem to want to shift any more weight. I may lose a couple of pounds one week, but I put it back the next.

It may just be that I am where I have to be and that my goal of 11st is just not achievable, and even if it is I think the message I am receiving loud and clear now is that I would not be able to stay there easily.

Steve

:break_diet:

Back