Stewed beef in a tin...

StripedDaisy

A sucker for a key change
Hi all,

Has anyone tried stewed beef (in gravy)from a can? I have discovered that the Morrison and Tesco versions are free on Red and EE and I thought they may be worth a try with some pots and veg as a quick and gravy-licious meal...

:D

I ve not tried it but would like to know more!!! with two young children and a 8 week old puppy, I'd love something quick and easy and syn free!!!

I've had the Tesco one and it's nice. Looks horrid when it first comes out but improves on heating, and you can chuck in a splash of Worcester Sauce and/or mustard. We've had it with mash and green beans.

I've had the Tesco one and it's nice. Looks horrid when it first comes out but improves on heating, and you can chuck in a splash of Worcester Sauce and/or mustard. We've had it with mash and green beans.

I've had the Tesco one too and yes it doesnt look great when you first take in out the tin HOWEVER it tastes great, suprisingly good quality meat and could be used for all sorts of things... could make a sort of pie without pastry... putting mash on top with some cheese and heat up... I may have that this evening :)

In agreement - it's yummy! Team it up with loads of veg and splash of your fave sauce and it's a quick, easy and not-naughty-at-all meal! x

Tinned steak is just about tolerable I'd say, I find it too salty but okay in an emergency.
Sainsbury's do an own brand frozen sliced beef in gravy, which is free, I like it much better. You just microwave it for a few minutes. It's ideal when my family want to have 'naughty' things like pie, I cook us all the same veggies and I have my sliced beef.
It's been on special offer 4 packs for £3.

Tinned steak is just about tolerable I'd say, I find it too salty but okay in an emergency.
Sainsbury's do an own brand frozen sliced beef in gravy, which is free, I like it much better. You just microwave it for a few minutes. It's ideal when my family want to have 'naughty' things like pie, I cook us all the same veggies and I have my sliced beef.
It's been on special offer 4 packs for £3.

I have bought the iceland version and I am not keen! I might give these a go :) Love the chicken fillets in gravy! They are free too.

OMG!! This is excellent news!!!! I usually make a beef stew with the tins of stewed beef, its a lot quicker than fresh meat which takes hooooooooooours to cook.

I made one the other day and actually pointed the tins, but now i know this i didn't need to point them. This means i didn't go over my syns as i thought i did. I had some mulled wine and a couple of vodkas and redbull.....norty me.

Im even happier now :D

The M&S one is nice, I add an oxo sometimes and I put curry powder in it once too. Makes a nice easy meal.

yeh i like the m&s one will try tesco one next time tho too prob a bit cheaper!
x

The morrisons one is nice. I usually make Tata hash with it.

8 large potatos
large onion
tin stewing steak
oxo cube

Peel and chop onion and potato into chunks. Put in a pan. Put steak on top. Add approx 1tsp salt. Sprinkle the oxo cube over and then add about a jug full of hot water and then bring it all to the boil. Stir and simmer for about 20 ins until the potatos go soft and it all thickens..... yum lol

The Morrisons one is the best one I've ever had! It's not cheap though at nearly £2 a tin but great for a last minute meal. I have it with SW chips and peas and it's very nice indeed :D

I will have to try some of these. I have only ever made stew with them. I just boil all my veggies and about half hour before i want to serve i add the tins of meat. They taste gawjus.

The M&S one is really yummy and Sainsburys do it in two different tin sizes.

The small one is perfect just for one person. The sainsburys one is nice as well.

Back