• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Stewed Steak - Please Help!!!!! xx

Care Bear xxx

on a slimming mission!
Hiya,
Im really hoping someone can give me some advice about this stewed steak in gravy malarky! I dont understand how its free on original? It seems really calorific and quite high in fat so I was just wondering if someone could explain how its free? Its sounds daft but im scared of eating it incase im getting things wrong or not understanding properly! (what a divvy hey!!!) any help/comments would REALLY be appreciated!!! xxxx ooo ps its the 410g tescos stewed steak in the red can that I bought! I know i sound really silly, I guess im just after some reassurance before i tuck in!!! xxx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Not really sure on how it works, I think it is because the majority of it is lean steak which is free and they must not put anything in it that is synned but it is definetley FREE. I had a tin of that the other week and lost weight.

I was in tesco the other day and picked up a can of their own stewed steak and at the side of it was a brand called Lancaster stewed steak in gravy, I checked the nutritional values and they were all lower on the lancaster one except for the fat per 100g which was 0.3g higher. I decided to buy that one and risk it being a couple of syns. Anyway I put the values in the syn calculator and that too is free and better still it is only £1.45(i think) compared to £2.19 for the tesco one.

I am having it for tea tonight so will report back to let you know what it is like.

HTH

Care Bear xxx

on a slimming mission!
Thanks for that Louisehj, I cant get my head around it! t makes me feel better that you ate it and lost weight tho! the reassurance I needed I suppose! ooo yeah let me know what that other one is like, Its a lot cheaper than the tescos one! I guess i couldnt understand why its free because it has things like tomato puree etc in it aswell - I guess they cant use very much of it or something??! But thanks again, knowing it didnt affect your weight loss has put my mind at rest!!! xxx

Watch out - Tinned stewed steak

Princes Stewed Steak in Meaty Rich Gravy, canned 410g can[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
4 Syns on Extra Easy
Original 4 Syns
Green 26 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Wish I'd bought Tesco's :)

The following are free on red and EE if it helps...

Tesco Stewed Steak with Gravy, canned~~, 410g can
Morrisons Stewed Steak in Gravy, canned~~, 425g can
Sainsbury's Premium Extra Lean Stewed Steak in a Rich Gravy, canned~~, 425g can

Do be careful though because this one is 9.5 syns!!

Morrisons Value, Stewed Steak & Gravy, canned, 410g can

Circes

Strutting her stuff
Marks & Spencer Chunky Steak, canned 400g can

0 Syn on Extra Easy
Original Free
Green 22 Syns

Marks & Spencer Eat Well, Chunky Steak in Rich Gravy, Lean & Tender, canned 400g can

0 Syn on Extra Easy
Original Free
Green 22 Syns

Marks & Spencer Steak & Kidney, canned~~ 400g can

0 Syn on Extra Easy
Original Free
Green 23 Syns

The M&S stewing steak is amazing - not cheap though. I usually keep a small tin at work for emergency red/extra easy days.

I may try the Tesco variety as I'm assuming its cheaper.

Care Bear xxx

on a slimming mission!
Hi Carolynn,

The Tescos one is £2.49 a tin and its very tasty!
I never thought id like any sort of tinned meaat, but ive been very pleasantly suprized!!! :)

query

Marks & Spencer Chunky Steak, canned 400g can

0 Syn on Extra Easy
Original Free
Green 22 Syns

Marks & Spencer Eat Well, Chunky Steak in Rich Gravy, Lean & Tender, canned 400g can

0 Syn on Extra Easy
Original Free
Green 22 Syns

Marks & Spencer Steak & Kidney, canned~~ 400g can

0 Syn on Extra Easy
Original Free
Green 23 Syns

Thanks very much, where did you get the syn values from? I tried SW syns online and it wouldn't come up. Am i doing something wrong. First page I am selecting marks & spencer, second page "chunky steak". I am not getting any hits though :eek:(

they are right -They were in the mag. Thanks girls this is a helpful post-Ive ben caught with s. steak in the past.Tesco and iceland do a good ss in gravy (frozen) and i'm pretty sure its still free. (my subscription has expired and I'm having problems renewing it-waiting for Sw to contact me back-typical over Easter)

cazzabella78

staying positive
i just bought a tin of the Sainsburys Premium extra lean stewed steak ... £2.27 :eek: i didnt realise it was THAT expensive lol. i stood in the isle for ages debating whether to buy it or not..it had better be good now i've just spent all that money :) as its free on EE i thought i'd give it a go, plus i can use half the tin one day and half the other so i suppose i get two days out of it to use with baked potatoes etc

I had this today with new potatoes (heB) and a M&S casserole fresh pack - onion, leeks, swede and carrots. I just mixed it all in a pasta dish and it was delicious. Have saved a bit for my lunch at work as weigh day tomorrow. For pud I had a Mr Kipling apple and cranberry winter warmer lattice pie 63g (pack of 6-11 syns each - WELL worth it) and total 0% greek yoghurt with candarel artificial sweetner (the sugar one, you know which one I mean)mixed in as this tastes like cream to me. For tea I will have 2 wholemeal bread (heb) and Cathedral City lighter cheese (heA) and onion on toast. I will also have a satsuma and banana. I might treat myself to some lovely Asda orchard chutney with my toast to finish off my 15 syns......................Sorry did I say I was on a healthy eating plan!!! Sometimes I can't believe how much food I can eat...And all 100% SW.......Enjoy.....
Julie