Stewed Steak - Please Help!!!!! xx

Care Bear xxx

on a slimming mission!
Hiya,
Im really hoping someone can give me some advice about this stewed steak in gravy malarky! I dont understand how its free on original? It seems really calorific and quite high in fat so I was just wondering if someone could explain how its free? Its sounds daft but im scared of eating it incase im getting things wrong or not understanding properly! (what a divvy hey!!!) any help/comments would REALLY be appreciated!!! xxxx ooo ps its the 410g tescos stewed steak in the red can that I bought! I know i sound really silly, I guess im just after some reassurance before i tuck in!!! xxx

Not really sure on how it works, I think it is because the majority of it is lean steak which is free and they must not put anything in it that is synned but it is definetley FREE. I had a tin of that the other week and lost weight.

I was in tesco the other day and picked up a can of their own stewed steak and at the side of it was a brand called Lancaster stewed steak in gravy, I checked the nutritional values and they were all lower on the lancaster one except for the fat per 100g which was 0.3g higher. I decided to buy that one and risk it being a couple of syns. Anyway I put the values in the syn calculator and that too is free and better still it is only £1.45(i think) compared to £2.19 for the tesco one.

I am having it for tea tonight so will report back to let you know what it is like.

HTH

Thanks for that Louisehj, I cant get my head around it! t makes me feel better that you ate it and lost weight tho! the reassurance I needed I suppose! ooo yeah let me know what that other one is like, Its a lot cheaper than the tescos one! I guess i couldnt understand why its free because it has things like tomato puree etc in it aswell - I guess they cant use very much of it or something??! But thanks again, knowing it didnt affect your weight loss has put my mind at rest!!! xxx

Watch out - Tinned stewed steak

Princes Stewed Steak in Meaty Rich Gravy, canned 410g can[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
4 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 4 Syns
green.gif
Green 26 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Wish I'd bought Tesco's :)

The following are free on red and EE if it helps...

Tesco Stewed Steak with Gravy, canned~~, 410g can
Morrisons Stewed Steak in Gravy, canned~~, 425g can
Sainsbury's Premium Extra Lean Stewed Steak in a Rich Gravy, canned~~, 425g can

Do be careful though because this one is 9.5 syns!!

Morrisons Value, Stewed Steak & Gravy, canned, 410g can

Marks & Spencer Chunky Steak, canned 400g can

extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green 22 Syns

Marks & Spencer Eat Well, Chunky Steak in Rich Gravy, Lean & Tender, canned 400g can

extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green 22 Syns

Marks & Spencer Steak & Kidney, canned~~ 400g can

extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green 23 Syns

Iceland do beef slices in gravy and chicken breast in gravy. Both very nice and free on red and ee. Only £1 too.

The M&S stewing steak is amazing - not cheap though. I usually keep a small tin at work for emergency red/extra easy days.

I may try the Tesco variety as I'm assuming its cheaper.

Hi Carolynn,

The Tescos one is £2.49 a tin and its very tasty!
I never thought id like any sort of tinned meaat, but ive been very pleasantly suprized!!! :)

query

Marks & Spencer Chunky Steak, canned 400g can

extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green 22 Syns

Marks & Spencer Eat Well, Chunky Steak in Rich Gravy, Lean & Tender, canned 400g can

extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green 22 Syns

Marks & Spencer Steak & Kidney, canned~~ 400g can

extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green 23 Syns

Thanks very much, where did you get the syn values from? I tried SW syns online and it wouldn't come up. Am i doing something wrong. First page I am selecting marks & spencer, second page "chunky steak". I am not getting any hits though :eek:(

Ok thanks I will try again.
The M&S Chunky Steak is on offer at the moment at M&S. 2 x for £4 - fill yer boots xx

they are right -They were in the mag. Thanks girls this is a helpful post-Ive ben caught with s. steak in the past.Tesco and iceland do a good ss in gravy (frozen) and i'm pretty sure its still free. (my subscription has expired and I'm having problems renewing it-waiting for Sw to contact me back-typical over Easter)

i just bought a tin of the Sainsburys Premium extra lean stewed steak ... £2.27 :eek: i didnt realise it was THAT expensive lol. i stood in the isle for ages debating whether to buy it or not..it had better be good now i've just spent all that money :) as its free on EE i thought i'd give it a go, plus i can use half the tin one day and half the other so i suppose i get two days out of it to use with baked potatoes etc

I had this today with new potatoes (heB) and a M&S casserole fresh pack - onion, leeks, swede and carrots. I just mixed it all in a pasta dish and it was delicious. Have saved a bit for my lunch at work as weigh day tomorrow. For pud I had a Mr Kipling apple and cranberry winter warmer lattice pie 63g (pack of 6-11 syns each - WELL worth it) and total 0% greek yoghurt with candarel artificial sweetner (the sugar one, you know which one I mean)mixed in as this tastes like cream to me. For tea I will have 2 wholemeal bread (heb) and Cathedral City lighter cheese (heA) and onion on toast. I will also have a satsuma and banana. I might treat myself to some lovely Asda orchard chutney with my toast to finish off my 15 syns......................Sorry did I say I was on a healthy eating plan!!! Sometimes I can't believe how much food I can eat...And all 100% SW.......Enjoy.....
Julie

Back