Sticks & stones will break my bones, but names will make me work harder.

really how odd, ive got rid of it now and feeling human again! I hate it! Hope you are feeling better now hun. Maybe it is diet related......

In 6 months time, when i look back at this journey i've been on to discover the new, real me thats always been there but anable to find a way out up until now.. I want my amazing girlfriend to know that without her i'm not sure i'd be able to do this, that all of why i'm doing this is for us. Because the past 4 and a half years have been amazing, but i want the rest of our lives to be better.

To Sophie, (because i'll make you read this one day i promise)
I love you, i love how you've never looked at me differently, no matter what size i am. I love you because 4 months ago you didn't want me to lose weight and you never gave me a reason why, but deep down i knew. You were scared that me losing weight would mean eventually me leaving you, and i could tell in your eyes for a really long time thats what was going through your mind. I love you for somehow changing those doubts & fears and putting them into supporting me by doing this diet with me, for showing me there's a 'we' and not just 'me'. I love you for being you. If i could give you anything, i'd give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes, only then would you know how much you mean to me. This is for us.

View attachment 54901View attachment 54902
That's one of the most amazing declarations I've ever read. It's truly beautiful. The weightloss must be really adding to your happiness. I'm so happy for you. Keep on going you inspiration-you. You look so much younger now! - not that you looked old or anything before your journey! I really enjoy reading your posts. Hopefully I can achieve what you have. I have tremendous support too and it makes such a difference.x

That's one of the most amazing declarations I've ever read. It's truly beautiful. The weightloss must be really adding to your happiness. I'm so happy for you. Keep on going you inspiration-you. You look so much younger now! - not that you looked old or anything before your journey! I really enjoy reading your posts. Hopefully I can achieve what you have. I have tremendous support too and it makes such a difference.x

It wasn't too long ago that i wrote that, but since then so much has changed.
I moved out of the home i shared with my girlfriend of 4 years (Sophie).. I came home to my mums house, and somehow i've started seeing somebody new. I beleive things happen for a reason, i'm still not sure as to what the reason was for me no longer being with Sophie, all i know is that for 4 years of my life she was what i wanted, a part of me will always still want her, but with challenge, comes change. And its only now since losing over 5 stone, on the road to losing more can i open my eyes to whats right infront of me, i wanted and deserved more than what i was getting. Fate has a way of deciding what path you land on, maybe one day i'll go back and fall in love all over again with the girl who stole my heart a long time ago, but until then.. I still stand by, how this diet would never of been possible without her support for the best part of 21 weeks, and i'm so greatful.

I'm in a happy place, a 'shrinking violet' as my mum calls me :)

x x

Sinead - I know you will have made the right choice but it is still sad when a relationship ends. I hope you can stay friends.
I think losing a lot of weight has a huge psychological effect upon people and also those around them - I know that I have had some very strange reactions from friends and family. I used to have a close relationship with someone over the last few years which I thought would develop but I've now completely lost interest - I think, like you, I feel I deserve more than that person could give.
Hope it all works out well for you.
x

Like i said above, i'm in a happy place.. truly. This is who i'm meant to be, who i was always meant to be.
I won't remain friends with Sophie, simply because she was my everything for 4 years, the love of my life and to just become friends after such an intimate relationship, wouldn't work or sit well for either of us. Like i said, one day maybe fate will bring us back together but for now we've gone our seperate ways & i'm finding myself down paths i never thought i'd travel down..

Treated myself to a frankie & bennyz today :) Only had a salad, but was yummy!!
Still losing, so very happy :) Must of drank 4 litres of water today haha!! x x

I did the same thing! When I finished LL a few years ago. I'd gotten to goal and I realised the guy I was with wasn't the one. We split up finally. Long time coming, but I hadn't had the confidence and thought that he was all I deserved. Looking back he was nowhere near good enough, he was horrible. A week after we finally split, I met my husband, who is totally the best and we fit together perfectly. So I guess what I'm saying is the weightloss (6.5 stone) made me realise who I really was and showed me what I wanted in life (not my ex) and what I deserved. I then had the confidence because I felt safe and strong in my own skin for once! The weight gain back was down to being comfy, secure and happy. But I've since realised 2 years into marriage that I can still feel those securities and not be overweight. Lol. It doesn't help that my husband doesn't care what size I am, so it's been totally down to my mindset, and no pressure, to get a grip! Lol.

Im glad you are happy and doing you now. Losing weight and being in control of eating makes me think of the shackles and chains being fought off. Finally being able to breathe.

Im inspired by your trip to F & B and the salad only. I will follow your good example when time comes. That's where I went wrong last time - bad choices slipping in. Became too much too often. No balance. Xx

I've been for meals throughout my 21 weeks on Cambridge, various people have branded me a 'cheat' LOL, makes me giggle because i've consistantly lost weight each week and lost almost 5 and a half stone in total. Clearly i'm doing something right aye.
Having a sole source day today, and then the harvester tomorrow evening with friends.. grilled chicken breast & salad, yummy! So that'll be a SS+ day :)
I'm very strict with myself, extremely determind and 100% focussed. Nothing or nobody could or would affect me lol.

The person i'm seeing now ive known for 3 years, we've just been friends up until now. She's beautiful, kind, friendly, honest and she makes me smile.
Spending all this weekend with her, perfecttt!! x x

Another before & after pic :D before n after.jpg

Your pictures are FAB ! As are your losses, you are doing great x

Extremely proud of myself.. been out and about over the weekend, had a few meals.. but remained the same weight so very happy :D
my body is welcoming treats which is fab!
I get weighed next Monday.. so hoping for a couple of pounds by then, i'll be in the 14's very very soon!! x x

For some reason it won't let me post replies to yr diary tried 4 times before so this is my final attempt x u have done sooooooo well I'm so pleased for u xx

Thank you :)
Got bloody tonsillitus atm though :( x x

I have been reading your diary and I think u r bloody brilliant and a true inspiration especially to me as I have a lot of weight to lose like u and knowing that it can be done and seeing your before and after photos you can tell how happy u r. I was sorry to ready about your ex but I understand why u did it and I'm glad u found someone else who makes u feel happy :) and I hope u have a long and happy relationship with her and who knows what fate will bring :) I can't wait to see the final pics of u at target u will look even more gorgeous and younger again I bet lol :) xxx

Sinead you are just incredible! Every started Cambridge your posts, pictures and videos have kept me string during my time on Cambridge! I dont think youll ever realise the full extent of the inspiration you've given me and countless others on here! You truly are the walking advert for Cambridge! Im sorry to read about your recent relationship news, it's always hard making the choice to stay friends or not as the friends option can lead to messy situations! But on the plus side it's great to hear you sounding postive/ in a good place... There really is no place like home!Hope the tonsillitis isn't getting
you down! Xx

Thanks for all the messeges :)
This weight loss journey really IS a journey, not only about losing weight but about finding yourself.. & thats what i'm doing. Its hard, really hard, but the future looks sparkly & bright.. and im so so excited x x

Sinead, yourself and Lazarus are an absolute inspiration to everyone on this forum, but especially to those who have a lot of weight to lose. Your comments are always incredibly uplifting and motivating.

x I wish you all the best now and for the future x

LazarusD said:
Hey hey you looking amazing Sinead :D x glad your happy Hun haha slimmer of the year I reckon ;)

Think. Cud be on cue for that too Lazarus u have done amazing yourself and look fab :)

nothing tastes as good as slim feels :)

So exciting :)
My CDC said she'd enter me this year, but i think next year would be better as i would of maintained, etc!

Off to the doctors today to get bloody anti biotics for tonsillitus :( On my monthlys too, so expecting a **** if anything weight loss on sunday evening! Never mind! x

Back