Sticky or not sticky?? please vote here.

Sticky subject

• Yes, great idea

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No, its fine as it is

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Unsure?

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

mechmanuk

johnboy
Hiya, i made a post on general and was wondering what others maybe thought.

Could it be possible to maybe have a few more stickies on here for different catagories, i just think it would be good for folk to quickly read through and find what there looking for.

Examples could be like the one ive started and another im about to like, all in individual threads.

Egg Recipes
Jacket Potatoe Fillings
Rice Ideas
Pasta Ideas
Cold Puddings
Hot Puddings
Quorn Recipes
Etc Etc Etc

The only problem with that is the sticky section becomes as big as the main section and its hard to work round which sort of defeats the purpose of it being a sticky.

If the general consensus is thats what you want then no problem

There are a couple of possible alternatives, do you know you can subscribe to threads?? If you subscribe to one when you select User CP it shows it there

Alternatively if you feel that a recipe section is going to be busy/popular, I could ask Pierce to create a recipe sub section but it would need to be something thats going to be used.

There is already a recipe sticky, I think it would get messy if there were so many stickies.

the problem is people dont read around, they just start a new thread regardless of weather the info is already there or not x

if you want a new topic discussing start a diary, then you can change the title of it, so once you have enough egg recipes (in your diary you can then ask/request something else and change the title of your thread) x then if people cant remember where the info was they can search for it and it will take them to your diary x

I agree with Rainbow and Taz.... Lots going on in the forum at the min and hard to keep up with xxx

it actually puttin me off coming on here as much x

Its a shame isn't it Claire. i don't mean any offense by this, but us old timers (who are knowledgeable and have a lot to offer) are being pushed out by one hit wonders, some people come on post 8 new threads, then you never hear from em again. i suggest people read round a little x

Its a shame isn't it Claire. i don't mean any offense by this, but us old timers (who are knowledgeable and have a lot to offer) are being pushed out by one hit wonders, some people come on post 8 new threads, then you never hear from em again. i suggest people read round a little x
Yes defo.... Now I am all for new ideas hell after a year of it Im open to lots and need the fresh ideas but its all in the wrong place and I dunno how to say without being rude :/

Thats why diary's are good. You can put all the stuff in there and its just 1 post with lots of pages. Plus there's the search facility at the top. I use that quite a lot

Im sure i look like a mega b***h at the moment, but hey ho, and i know exactly what ya mean x

I love me diary LOL

It is SO random but will be good to look back on when hit target ?X

Theres certainly a heck of a lot of threads in here... if you look at the stats between here and WW. there are 2000 more posts in the WW section but there are almost twice as many threads here as in there.

We need to work out how to balance things. So many people come on and post a brand new thread instead of taking the time to do a search.

Not that I mind but I do more moderating here than anywhere else lol

PLEASE use the current stickies.

Any and all syn requests in the Syns ones,
any other questions about whats green, red, an extra etc PLEASE post in the general sticky.

There are so many very experienced and knowledgeable SWers here Id hate to see them being put off, which I know, is the case because of un necessary threads.

Remember any you think should be in a sticky, PM me with the thread and Ill merge it.

If you do feel any sub forum would help declutter things, let me know and Ill see what can be done.

Its YOUR section and the important thing is to have it working the best way for you guys

cor and all our ramblings ey! x

no you dont - you answered a question :)
xx

thanks sandy and as you know im so with you on it, but i dont know how to combat it apart from continually moaning at people to read around before posting x

it must be the weather or somat lol, i know how hard it must be to make a few extra clicks on the old mouse but come on it was just an idea, not a jeremy kyle special.
If the search facility was alot better than i probably wouldnt even be asking, sometimes busy people dont get time to sit and read and being a novice to this place i thought folks were here to help others but looks like i may be wrong.

Back