Still no scale movement

I'll let you into a wee secret! i am an ex slimming world consultant in the lancashire area! and yes you can lose just as much as you can on a vlcd! i lost 3 stone 7-8 years ago within 2 and half months, i just had red days (meat and fish days) with 1 green day a week (pasta, rice and potatoe day) i then went onto to a consultant for 3 years and a regional manager. Since leaving about 5 years ago or so, ive tried numerous times to do the plan, but i just cheat all the time! however doing a vlcd then going back on slimmingworld or weight watchers probably slimming world but not sure yet! I love SW it really is a fab diet but doesnt teach you potion control! however being on a vlcd, that does so you wouldnt over eat if you went on SW! i intend to by Easter! once you gte to goal weight with SW you dont pay anything and can go along to meetings to keep upto date and keep an eye on your weight! i would certainly recommend if for anyone after their vlcd :)

Any diet works of you can stick to it and not cheat. Which is why vlcd works and IMO why none of the other "high street" diets don't. The carb addicts need ketosis to succeed

Yeah i do agree, ill still do it untill easter and see lol

The thing I don't get with plans like SW, SS or WW is when people talk about 'free' things and can therefore stuff their face with as much of it as they like. I can't see how that makes for losing weight, but then I've never been successful on any other sort of diet other than a VLCD (I need ketosis or I cheat :)) so my mindset is probably all wrong to start with.

Having had a break this weekend I'm so conscious of what I've been eating. So I haven't had a whole lot of things to choose from because I have bought nothing for me other than chicken, fish and S&S veggies so I'd had what was available and been really conscious of calories and portion size. I know there are lots of diets about now where calories are not counted and it's more about the types of food that you eat but I'm from the old school where calories make a big impression on me if I bother to check how many there are in something before I shove it down my trap :). So although I've had a selection of things today they've been in smallish quantities and I've counted every one. So thus far today (I'm trying for around 1200ish calories today having had about 1000 yesterday) I've had porridge 150, BL snack bar 134, Tikka and satay bites 256, Special K mini bites 99, skinny latte 49, Go Ahead cake slice 89, another latte 49 and a few peanuts 80. That leaves me with just enough calories to have my chicken or prawns (haven't decided yet) with roasted veggies and cous cous. Would have been better without the peanuts and the cake bar but that wasn't substantial and I didn't eat the whole packet like I would have done so before so that's a good thing :).

Back on plan tomorrow tho so I'll be getting back into ketosis like everyone who is starting tomorrow.

When I done slimming world when I was 16 I lost just over 2st, it took its time but at the time suited me and my school life, since then I've tried everything and I'd lose 2stone then get bord and put it all back on and more. I really don't want to do that on this diet, as I'm used to quick weight loss on lipotrim if slim and save doesn't work as well by Easter I may have to swap back.

Back