Stir fry

tennisfan1986

I love making stir fry, usually with pork, chicken or prawns, LOADS of veg and brown noodles or brown rice, so pretty healthy. But I usually use one of the shop bought sachet's of stir fry sauce which are full of carbs that sugar, which I'm trying to reduce. So does anyone have any alternatives. I saw a Nadia Sawalha recipe for a pork stir fry on tv last week which uses lemon juice, honey, soy sauce and stock to make a sauce. I've not tried it yet but will do soon, but would like something similar if anyone has any ideas for when I don't fancy the sweetness of the honey, and I'm sure honey has more than enough sugar in anyway!

Hi I dont really like those sachets of sauce either and have tried experimenting with water, sweetner, chilli powder, herbs such as star anaise, chinese five spice and i thicken it up with cornflour. Sometimes i put some pineapple in for a sweet n sour type sauce. I have also tried using the pineapple juice from tinned pineapple instead of water. Let me know if you hit on a good combo this pretty much works for me x

Back