Stitchy's weight loss diary!

Thanks girls :D

tillymax - you didn't get it wrong, I got it wrong by not posting for ages ;)

Helzzz - Me? Normal? :D

Seriously, it would be nice to get below a BMI of 25... :)

Anyway, I've planned out everything nicely this week, both exercise and food. So I should be able to stick to everything that I'm in control of :p. We're visiting the inlaws this weekend, so I'm going to have to WI on Friday, which is a bit annoying because it's 2 days early. Nevermind :eek:.

It's usually pretty easy to eat well there - MIL is constantly trying to lose weight despite being very slim, so there's always lots of fruit and veg about. They also don't mind me bringing along my own skimmed milk :D. There might be a dessert involved on the Friday night, but I'm sure I can save my daily syns til then :).

We're going out for a meal on the Saturday and I think I'll just have to make the best choice I can. I think when eating out it can be a disadvantage to be veggie, because you often get the choice of 2 cheesy options :rolleyes:.

Anyways, plan for this week:

Monday

Cereal (B), Milk (A)
leftover pearl barley risotto with butternut squash; small choccy bar (3.5)
Pitta pizza (A, B) with steamed broccoli and butterbeans
Snacks - apple, pear, banana, sweets (6.5)

Tuesday

Cereal (B), Milk (A)
More pitta pizza and leftover steamed veg (A,B); few sweets (3.5)
Quorn nuggets (2), roast veg and potatoes
Snacks - apple, pear, grapes and probably some syns :D

Wednesday

Cereal (B), Milk (A)
Leftover from the night before (2) and probably some syns (max. 5)
Pasta bake with lots of veg and some cheese (A)
Snacks - fruit, HEB and probably some syns :D

Thursday

Egg, Beans, Toast (B) and Milk (A)
Leftover pasta bake (A) and a cereal bar (B)
Spinach, potato and chickpea curry with rice
Snacks - fruit

Friday

Eggs on toast (B) and Milk (A)
Leftover curry with couscous, cereal bar
I think it's shepherds pie for dinner :confused:
Snacks - fruit

.... Not very exciting really :D.

Exercise-wise, I'll be doing W2 of C25K, as well as the arm and abs bits from Davina power of 3. Not quite sure when I'm gonna do my running; I intended to go Tuesday. Thursday and Sunday evening but it turns out I'll be busy on Thursday. Then thought Monday and Wednesday, but I felt really ill yesterday so I don't think I'd have been able to run :D. It'll definitely be Tuesday, but it might have to be Friday morning for the next run....

Right - just had WI 2 days early because I'm away til Sunday afternoon.

I've lost 2lb :D, which also means:

1. I've lost 1 stone in total
2. My BMI is in the 24s :)

I'm very pleased with those. It's taken me 14 weeks to lose 14lb, which I think is pretty ok :D Especially since it's hardly felt like a diet. I think then next stone will be slower to lose, but I can't see it being too difficult to stick to.

Oooh, and... I wore size 12 jeans yesterday for the whole day, for the first time in FOREVER :D.

Awesome! I bet you're feeling fab right now - I felt good enough getting my BMI below 30, you must be over the moon to be below 25.

Keep up the excellent work!

Thanks helzzz. I do feel pretty fab right now :D

I've been having a pretty good week, eating and exercise wise. However I have been sneaky-peaking, which is completely useless because it shows either a 1lb loss, a STS or a 1lb gain :8855:. Who knows what will happen after a meal out on Saturday :eek:.

Here's what I've eaten this week (I tend to use around 10 syns a day for chocolate/sweets/other stuff):

Monday
Cereal (B) and Milk (A)
Leftover baked butterbeans and roast potatoes with sweetcorn and peas
Leek and pea pasta with philly and cheese (A and B)
Snacks: Fruit

Tuesday
Cereal (B) and Milk (A)
Leftovers (A and B)
Warm lentil and spinach salad topped with a poached egg

Wednesday
Cereal (B) and Milk (A)
Leftover lentil salad with pasta
Chickpea tagine with couscous (2 syns for raisins)

Thursday
Poached Egg, beans and a slice of toast (B),
Leftover tagine (2)
Quorn bolognese with wholewheat spaghetti, cheese (A)
Snacks: Fruit, Alpen lights (B), milk for hot chocolate (A)

Friday
Poached Egg, beans and a slice of toast (B)
Leftover Quorn bol with wholewheat pasta
Mexican rice (found a random recipe on t'interweb..) with stir fried mexican veg and a wrap (5, I think. It's a very small wrap..)

Saturday
Cereal (B) and Milk (A)
Jacket potato and beans, or supernoodles and leftover veg
Meal out at a Thai restaurant....

I've been keeping up with my exercise - doing Davina's Power of 3 throughout the week in single sections. I did swap the abs part for Billy Blanks Tae Bo Abs and Glutes, and my tummy muscles were hurting for days afterwards :eek:. Must repeat that one next week :).

I'm also doing c25k. I've been running on and off for years (more off than on...), but I've been getting really annoyed at my lack of pace. So I started c25k at a faster pace to see if that's helping, and it definitely is :D. I did W3D1 yesterday, and I was really worried about doing the 3 minute bits, but they were absolutely fine :). Day 2 tomorrow :D.

Sounds like you're having a great week. I'm mega impressed with the amount of exercise you manage. I tell myself I don't have time to exercise at the mo but I know I could make time if I was really serilus. I downloaded C25K last winter and still haven't done it once! :eek:

Keep up the good work.

Thank you :) I don't think my exercise is that impressive, and I still need to force myself to go out for my run. As soon as I get out of the door I don't mind, though! :D
The other stuff just involves getting out of bed early, which is ok as long as I've gone to bed on time :rolleyes:.

I lost another 1lb this week, so I'm pleased with that. Providing I don't have a gain next week, I think these 4 weeks will be the best I've had on SW! Clearly, exercising makes a difference to my losses (in a good way!). :D

Here's my plan for this week:

Monday
Cereal (B), Milk (A)
Pitta pizza (A, B), leftover sprouts and celery
sausage and baked bean casserole, new potatoes, probably more veg :D

Tuesday
Cereal (B), Milk (A)
Leftover casserole and potatoes
Pasta with roast veg and feta (A)

Wednesday
Cereal (B), Milk (A)
Leftover pasta and feta (A)
Mash, quorn pepper steaks and veg

Thursday
Eggs, beans, toast (B), milk (A)
Leftover quorn steaks and veg, potatoes
Pasta with veg and cheese (A)

Friday
Eggs, beans, toast (B), milk (A)
Leftover pasta (A)
Potatoes dauphinoise (SW recipe with Quark), don't know with what yet

Saturday
Cereal (B), Milk (A)
Leftovers
Lasagne (A)

Sunday
Cereal (B), Milk (A)
Lasagne (A)
Quorn Roast, roast potatoes and veg

This week is pasta and potato week, I have a feeling that once it gets to Monday morning I won't want to see another potato or piece of pasta for a while :rolleyes:. I shall attempt to be a bit more creative with my carbs next week! :D

Aaaaargh I haven't written in here in ages :mad:. I'll have to try and remember what I've done over recent weeks now. I had a few days off plan last week and the week before, so I'm exactly at the same weight as I was for my last post :rolleyes:. I put on 1lb, and then lost it again.

The good thing is that even though my eating has not been 100% on plan, I have carried on doing my running and other exercise :D. Just a 20 minute run to go and I'll have completed W5 of C25K. Can't believe how quickly that has gone by so far :eek:.

I've been doing my DVD bits in the morning too, but I think I might switch over to 30DS for a bit. Did it this morning and it wasn't quite as horrendous as I remembered it (I'm clearly fitter than last time...) so I'm giving it a go. I doubt I'll do it for 30 days because it's a bit boring doing the same thing 30 days in a row, but if not I'll just find something else on the DVD shelf! :D

well done babes. the exercise bit is the bit i'm utterly crap at. i have the dash around after izzy all day of course and there's quite a bit of pushchair action but that's just daily activity. i don't actually 'exercise' at all. i figure once there is less of me to heft around it will be easier to do :D

abz xx

Hey hun, you're doing so well with your exercise, I'm mega impressed. I'm planning on starting daily exercise onceI finish uni, hopefully I can stick with it the way you have. X

Thanks girls. I'm really enoying the exercising, I totally recommend it. But then I don't have a child to run around after/ essays to write, so it's easy enough for me to fit it in...

2lb off for me this week which I'm really surprised by :eek:. I kinda feel like I deserve it after all the exercise last week, lol. At 10st 5 now, which is scary because it's closer to the 9s than it is to the 11s.... :eek:.

Having a day off Shred today, I think. Playing badminton at 9:30 (subject to hubby being in a fit condition to play.... :rolleyes:), so can't fit it in before, and think it might be nice to give my muscles a rest to recover... :D

Last edited:
Thanks abz. I've lost 1st 3lb now and I'm definitely pleased with myself :D.

Shredded again this morning after one day off and it was fine. Having now done 7 days at level 1, I'm starting to think about level 2 at the end of the week :eek:. I watched bits of it the other day and I'm scared....

Did W6D2 of C25k on Saturday - which means I've done all the runs in the plan that involve walking breaks. Bit nervous about finishing the rest of it now... :eek:.

Here's what I'm eating this week:

Monday
Cereal (B), Milk (some of A)
Leftover Moussaka (rest of A, and another A, and 3.5 syns). 1/4 of a KitKat (3 syns)
Leek and Pea Pasta (B)
Snacks: Fruit, 1 yogurt

Tuesday
Cereal (B), Milk (A)
Leek and Pea Pasta (A)
Chickpea Tagine (2 syns)

Wednesday
Cereal (B), Milk (A)
Chickpea Tagine (2)
Spinach, Ricotta and BNS Pasta (B)

Thursday
Cereal (B), Milk (A)
Leftover Pasta (B)
Beetroot Risotto

Friday
Cereal (B), Milk (A)
Egg Pitta (B)
Spicy bean and tomato soup

Saturday
Cereal (B), Milk (A)
Leftover soup
Spinach and Feta Filo Pie (A; 4.5 syns)

wow. well done :D just thinking about all that exercise makes me exhausted. i may have to go and lie down...

Don't have an Indian takeaway/go to a German Christmas Market on the day before WI, because that's what I've just done and I put on 2lb :eek:.

Annoying, because I spent most of the week weighing in at 10st 3 or 10st 4, so was confident of getting a loss today if it hadn't been for yesterday.

I want to lose at least 3lb next week, or I am going to resemble this smiley: :mad:

That will just be food weight and will probably be gone by tomorrow.

I haven't been here for ages. Are you ok?

If you had indian and alcohol last night you'll be dehydrated which will impact on your loss the next day. Lots of fluids and super free and you'll have a fab loss next week.

it will all be gone before too long hon. good luck this week :)

i am avoiding the christmas market because all i do when i go there is eat, and eat, and eat. so i'm not going there this year!! ha.

abz xx

Back