Stolen inspiration!

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by Stinkybreath, 20 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Stinkybreath

Stinkybreath Size 14 here i come!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(16.75%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hey for all of those who are feeling down about not having a big weight loss or scales not moving. K.D wrote this back in 2008 and just sent me the link to cheer me up, so i thought i would share it with you all...

Fact: Stick to the plan and you definitely lose weight
    Fact: You can control what you put in your mouth
    Fact: You cannot control what the scales say.

So what do you celebrate? The scales showing a loss, or the fact that you kept to the diet all week?

What if you stick to the diet, but the scales don’t reflect your effort? Will you be disappointed, even though you have done everything correctly and couldn’t possibly do any better? Knowing that you will have lost weight…but it didn’t mean anything because the scales are giving the wrong result?

What if you ‘cheat’ and the scales show a big loss…does that mean you’ve succeeded and need a pat on the back?

Or even if you’ve been 100% and the scales are showing a loss? Does it mean more to you? Does that mean you’ve done even better than 100%?

I think the scales are a wonderful tool. I weigh daily, and love seeing them give the same reading day in and out, but that’s not what I really celebrate.

I celebrate being in control of what I put in my mouth, because that’s what I have done. I don’t celebrate what the scales say.

So if you’ve stayed the same one week, or just lost that one pound….if you’ve kept to the diet 100%, then be proud, because that’s what it’s all about. Stick to the diet and the weight is coming off….whether or not the scales agree. And you’re worth the same amount of applause than those who have lost more.

1lbs, 1 stone, it doesn’t matter. You can’t do better than 100% after all ;)

So do me a favour, and next time you go for a weigh in, if you’ve been 100%, go in rejoicing.

Tell them you are going to be one of their success stories, because you were in control this week and will be next. If the scales reflect this, that’s just the icing on the cake. You’ve lost weight anyway. You don’t need a mechanical instrument to tell you whether you are in control or not
    ;)

How great is that!?:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. matt68

matt68 Don't Worry Be Happy

Start Weight:
    18st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.28%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    very good thanks:)

4. starsy

starsy Full Member

Start Weight:
    7st8.7lb
    Current Weight:
    7st8.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    5st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Thanks

5. irish molly

irish molly Maintaing LT loss on GL

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(38.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    TFR/GL
    Well done Stinky for posting this. I often read bits of KD's wisdom. She puts things in perspective. She knows what she is talking about because she lost a lot of weight herself and has been maintaining for a very long time.

6. tinamcdonald

tinamcdonald Full Member

thats so true x

7. deezombie

deezombie Full Member

This is an amazing motivator, and very well written :)

8. LilyG

LilyG Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.58%)
    Diet:
    exante
    Brilliant!

9. jenna85

jenna85 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(12.89%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    thats fab x

10. LipoLisa

LipoLisa Looking a bit bloated!

Start Weight:
    15st7.4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.4lb(7.54%)
    Diet:
    LipoTrim & Exante
    Thank you so much for this!

:) Last week at my first weigh in I was so disappointed, week two weigh in tomorrow and I have just read this and feel okay about whatever the scales say tomorrow - I've done my 100% this week, same as last week.

Can't do more than that and I am feeling great!

11. wishful

wishful Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    im loving it! :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.