Stop kidding myself

Well, TF&G, I think you've done brilliantly with your weightloss. You've stuck it out and even though you might not be seeing much of a difference yet, there must be. You'll soon start getting compliments from people without having to ask them! xxx

It was the idea of asking people!! If that was the advice at day 80 on her plan but not on day 9! Anyway thank you for your kind words.

How are you feeling??

One child packed off to look at a uni, taking the other to dentist!

Linda says look at food for fuel and flavours, now I can understand that as I don't even taste the stuff I am cramming into my mouth most of the time and I am certainly not thinking about flavours when I eat like that. The bored and emotional eating has to go..

The scales are heading down, 14.4 this morning, and weigh in tomorrow which is two days early. And first day of the kids home without incident which I feel really good about as it proves to me that I can do it.

Ok so the last two days have been ok and I saw the CDC with her dodgy scales today! My scales say 14.4 and Hers say 14.6.5 so I guess I will know that hers will always be a bit above mine and as long as I know i am losing I don't mind.

Managed a buffet lunch today with eating some plain chicken on stick things which were fine. Have got some bars from my CDC now which I am pleased about as I need something as a treat mid afternoon.

Feeling positive and had an appointment date for my MRI scan so that is good too!

So p***ed off, waited in for electricity meter to be changed, appointment between 7am and 1pm. Couple of phone calls to say they are running late, will be with me at 1.30, then another call to say they are five minutes away. I ring after another half hour to ask where he is and he says he's just been to me, are you kidding me?? No you haven't I say and he says where do I live and guess what he is not even in my area and it must be a COMPUTER error, I say great get it sorted so now he is ringing his office, as i will be if he does not get back to me quickly.! What a wasted day.

After my rant yesterday I calmed down! Have asked, hmmmm, demanded a two hour time slot for the next appointment!

Ok scales show downward curve still, having had yesterday stuck at home I went for the water and stayed focused, 14.2 today and would love to reach the 13's as soon as possible!

Linda says eat breakfast which I have always done and right now on cd it's the porridge which I am very happy with as it looks like a good amount in the bowl, then oriental chilli soup thing with lots of black pepper, half a bar, chicken and either veg or salad and the other half of my bar as a treat with peppermint tea.

Day 3 on the back exercises time consuming but got to try it as I find in the evenings I can't stand up to prepare supper my leg hurts so much.

Thanks lipsyx! 14.1.5 today so going the right way.

Homework from Linda says take two mouthfuls of my favourite food and throw the rest away just enjoy those two mouthfuls.. Not sure how to do that on this diet! However am thinking back to yesterday and had one of the biscuits my DD made and managed to stop at one which is not usual behaviour.

Managed to get round tesco without any great cravings and not too much pain. Could these bAck exercises be working already, I really hope so.
Speaking of which I need to do them now!!

Mmmmm cookies! Well done for stopping at one.

Haha! I have just put the rest in the cupboard so I can't see them!

Played tennis today 9am til 11 hope that works too.

Cee your loss is great are you excited? That puts you way ahead of me but I rather like that as I feel I am following you down the scales! Where is SW??

You're still very disciplined if you can just leave them alone in the cupboard. If it was me, I'd be eyeing that cupboard every time I walk into the kitchen and then they'd be all gone within 10 minutes. Or should I say that's how I USED to be?
I AM very excited about the loss. I was hoping to get 9 or 10lbs off in the first week but after eating some Tesco's hot and spicy chicken with salad and some peanuts, I'm thinking it might be more like 7 or 8lbs. ALthough what I ate is low carb so I should still be in ketosis, Ive just had too many calories.

So, just you and your daughter this weekend? That sounds like fun. Girlie night in?

Hard to follow Linda at the moment as she she keeps on about getting your favourite food and only taking tow bites which is fine if you are calorie counting but not on cd!

Shopping today with DD so that could be dangerous! From a money point of view rather than food for a change!

Looking at the thread about daily weighing, I was struck by how many of us do it and how someone suggested it's another addiction, but for me that's the opposite as I know that when I am not daily weighing it means the food addiction is back! Avoid the scales and the mirror are my first forms of defense, along with ignoring clothes that I don't think I can fit into. I don't even try the clothes, I just to to something that covers up instead. Another warning sign. So while for soen the daily weighing may not seems very healthy for me I think it's something I really need to do to keep on track and ok sometimes it will be an upward curve but if I am facing that rather than ignoring it that has to be better than turning away and just going straight to the cupboard and eating to cover up my misery of knowing I am putting weight on but nit facing it.

Ok enough already! Need to get on the floor and do the back exercises with radio 2pm the background!

Looks like you'll have to skip that part if Spangle until after you've finished with CD?
I understand the weighing everyday thing. I used to be addicted to it too. I was so bad I would weigh myself several times a day. I then decided to stop it. I'm over the addiction but now it's different. Now I NEED to weigh every day or every other day to keep myself motivated and to kinda know what effect my eating the day before has had on me. I'm with you on this one.

Survived the shopping trip, with not too much outlay! My leg pain from my back came on with a vengeance so the exercise are not as good as I hoped.

Lines talks today about throwing food away from your plate, yes aim guilty as charged of eating everything on my plate and hating leaving anything. Too many years of being told to eat what's on your plate because of the starving in Africa (insert another country name depending on when this happened in my childhood) and I think that's a really bad habit to get out off. I have carefully not done this to my kids and always say stop eating when you are full. Now I need to learn that lesson...

Harry potter, here we come, can't wait!!

Sorry to hear the pain is back. Was it the walking whilst shopping that aggravated it? Hope it's better soon.
Enjoy Harry Potter and walk straight past the popcorn! x

Ok so weigh in day and another three and a half pounds off, Wooo hooo.

Happy with that after a difficult weekend with lots of celebrations etc, now back on the water big time, two litre bottle by the sink being glugged down!

Still trying these exercises but it's only a week so I can't expect miracles. Hard to explain the burning, cramping sensations that go right down my legs by the evenings, only eased by sitting or lying down. It's so limiting. But losing weight has to help surely?? I know it's weird that I can play tennis but with that you are reaching and bending which is what eases the pain but walking or standing becomes agony.

Linda says to work on my portion sizes, haha when you are on cd

My CDC is moving so is passing me onto someone else, hope that works out.....

:happy036:Yaaay! Well done. There was no need to worry then was there? :)Are your clothes feeling quite loose now?

Back