Stop Start Stop Start

TazS

I joined the forums at the start of jan, and now its coming near to the end of the month, i'm still struggling to make sure those pounds come off and stay off.

Anyone found quick and easy tips i can try?

(Will update Food Diaries again, had problems uploading before.)

Hi there,

Coming on here really helps me, esp in the evenings and like today, which is my day off work - that way im kept busy browsing recipes, replying to threads and what not.

Do you just follow the green day plan, because you're a vegetarian or just do not eat much meat? Last week i had mostly green days, this is because i dont eat a whole lot of meat. I did give EE ago, but prefer green and the odd EE here and there.

Perhaps looking up new recipes on the recipe thread, aiming towards a small target may keep you motivated. Looking at photo's of yourself and thinking where you'd like to be in a couple of months time might help. I have some horrid photo's of me, and one photo that was taken when i did manage to loose quite a lot of weight following this plan years ago.. looking at that photo makes me think, ive done it once, why not again - it does work.

I have my brothers wedding in may, so this gives me something to focus and aim towards. I havnt set myself a huge goal, incase i dont achieve and then become dissapointed.

Good luck to you.

x

strictly im not vegetarian, as i tend to eat fish here and there. However, i wont eat meat so the green plan seemed to easiest to follow and understand.

Cheers for the hints and tips, when i have idle time on my work breaks i tend to look through the reciepes, so i should spend more time sorting out some :)

I'll keep you informed how it goes.

Hi TazS :) I remember you starting. What has gone wrong? Are you finding the plan difficult to stick to or are you sticking to it and not losing?

I tend to stick within the plan using the HEXA and HEXB correctly, i keep a food diary but im still trying to work out the afternoon cravings..Theres too much of a gap between lunch(12pm) and dinner(6-7pm), i think the odd snack between this period is costing me :(

I've had to totally jiggle around my concept of meals to 'get enough in'! I work 4pm - 9pm and i used to go from lunch til 9.30pm without food. Now i eat piece of fruit first thing, have a cooked brunch (quorn sausage, beans, egg, toast) about 11. Soup and fruit etc before work and a small meal about 9.30. This is nothing like how i used to eat, but its working for me and my lifestyle.
Is there a way you can jiggle your meals/food around at all to fill that gap?

Bee x

I tend to stick within the plan using the HEXA and HEXB correctly, i keep a food diary but im still trying to work out the afternoon cravings..Theres too much of a gap between lunch(12pm) and dinner(6-7pm), i think the odd snack between this period is costing me :(

My top tips would be:

*have a decent breakfast to prevent hunger the rest of the day
*have a proteiny lunch - I am into scrambled eggs at the moment (made with cottage cheese). I find the protein keeps me full for longer
*have healthy afternoon snacks - bananas and/or nuts (hexb)
*make sure every meal is amazingly tasty - will mean you are more likely to stick with the plan
*avoid processed crap
*drink lots of water
*always have some speedy soup on the hob or in the freezer
*jump up and down nekkid in front of a mirror lol

My top tips would be:

*have a decent breakfast to prevent hunger the rest of the day
*have a proteiny lunch - I am into scrambled eggs at the moment (made with cottage cheese). I find the protein keeps me full for longer
*have healthy afternoon snacks - bananas and/or nuts (hexb)
*make sure every meal is amazingly tasty - will mean you are more likely to stick with the plan
*avoid processed crap
*drink lots of water
*always have some speedy soup on the hob or in the freezer
*jump up and down nekkid in front of a mirror lol

great set of tips, the last one gave me a needed laugh. :p

I always have a fruit salad made up so when I go to work I take some with me to munch in the afternoon. Really fills the gap.

Back