Strange consultant?!?

sarahevans

Silver Member
Right before you read on this is a bit of a rant!!!

Today I visited another group for wi which although I've been to before I've never stopped for image therapy. I took a fibre plus bar (heb) for the basket for SOTW and the consultant decided when she'd announced the Sotw she was nosey at what was in there!!!! So out she pulls the bar I'd taken (which is documented as a b choice!) and was saying " o I'm not sure about these, although they contain fibre they won't be as nice as our lovely bars!" then she continued by saying " oh and 5 1/2 syns too" she never mentioned the b choice bit. Then to annoy me even more she was only about syns like Ooohh something that's 2 syns do u really need it?!?!? As a big girl myself I eat all 15 syns every day but left feeling like oh maybe I shouldn't.

Sorry rant over!!!

Some consultants are better than others, I guess it's hit or miss. I find that consultants tend to deliver their information based on how they used the diet, so if they used all the different plans and aspects of each plan properly, then they're more likely to have a thorough, working understanding on each of them.

It is poor that the consultant had no idea it was a healthy extra, makes me wonder if she was trying to big up the hifi bars to boost her sales!!

Well I did wonder this!! The group I normally go too always a few copies of each book for sale lots of bars scanbran etc. But the group I went today had no book at all for sale and just a few bars?!? Strange saying she does 3 weigh ins on a wed. I've decided I'm not going back there o don't want to be made to feel guilty eating my syns x

Hmmm, the consultant at my group also says that Fibre Plus bar is not a Hexb - do you know where it says that it is? I think they are yummy and although I love the hifi bars they do work out quite expensive.

Sorry, just answered my own question by checking it out on SW site. They are "allowed" - fab as I just love the dark choc and almond ones:)

I also found it weird when visiting another group a couple of months back - although the time and day was more convenient I ended up going back to my old group, it just didn't feel the same, at the other group I felt I had to explain every mouthful I'd had that week, and they were really pushy about selling Hifis / Books, even though I explained I had a load already!

Guess it takes all sorts and some groups suit some people better than others xxxxxx

I went lo a sw group with a friend about a year or so ago and never went back after the first week simply because I watched her say things to members that made me feel bad and she didn't make eye contact with anyone just read from a little machine what people had lost or gained waited for a clap then moved on or asked a 'stock question'
One lady lost 1lb and was pleased as she had had what sounded like a healthy week with good food and exercise with one meal out which she said was above her syns but still quite well chosen with superfree things in the consultant shook her head and asked her where she felt she went wrong????

As I say I never went back but my mum convinced me to go to her group last month and our consultant Lisa is fab and motivating and understanding and doesn't make it feel like its a harsh 'diet' but a way of life. I wish I'd gone to this group last year rather then going good and gaining more weight (my fault not the crappy sw consultants lol)

I've only had experience of 2 consultants. I haven't been to a group in years but when I did our C was brilliant. When she was on holiday though the one that covered was awful. It got to the point our C never told us when she was going to not be there as she knew no one would turn up!

Some are much better dealing with people than others. Our C would ask who was happy with their loss and who wasn't. Without singling anyone out she would ask of the people that weren't happy/gained did they know why, and if they didn't she would give them the opportunity to talk through it with her if she hadn't already at WI.

i ove my SWC she is so friendly and bubbly and doesnt make u feel bad about a thing!
if we loose i swear she is more excited than us! lol and if we STS/Gai she asks us are we ok with that? n obviously some people say yeh thats fine i ate A, B and C so i was expecting it in which case she says ok, thats fine, back on plan this week? anything this week to stop you? and isthere anything you would like help with? but again some people say no im not fine with that, ive been 100% all week! i which case she tells them not to worry, no shame in the occassional gain, happens to everyone and to see her at the end and they'll sort it out.
she is just so helpful and funny and she does make it really enjoyable to go! :)

I started yesterday and the consultant is lovely, but i did go to 1 in feb and only went for a week, the consultant was really fat ( and i mean like a size 32 or something) was easily the fattest there... She went on to tell me that the diet didnt work for her :-/ how is she still allowed to b a consultant? Hardly inspirational lol

I started yesterday and the consultant is lovely, but i did go to 1 in feb and only went for a week, the consultant was really fat ( and i mean like a size 32 or something) was easily the fattest there... She went on to tell me that the diet didnt work for her :-/ how is she still allowed to b a consultant? Hardly inspirational lol
:/ how can she tell people to follow a plan that didnt work!?!?
and i thought to be a consulatnt to had to be within 2st of upper healthy weight range?..just looked at a letter from SW and it says on there "If you are within2 stone of your upper healthy weight range (using the weight range chart in your personal passport to success) and would like to know more about being trained as a slimming world consultant"

my consultant is excellent. not enamoured with the one who covers but she's ok. mine is not thin, for sure, but she know what she's talking about and still follows the plan herself. she always says the point of SW is to help you reach a place you're happy, not dictate what weight that should be. i know it puts some people off a they want to see a size 10 'cured' person, but i find much more empathy this way than the woman at WW who was patronising and sneery. but size 32 and telling newbies that it doesn't work is just bad for business!!

That is absolutley shocking! All the consultants I have knows are either following the SW plan or are at target. It does no harm to have a C with proper curves like the rest of us but to say the diet doesn't work for her is bang out of order!!!!

I am really pleased with my consultant. She's is really friendly and doesn't make anyone feel crappy if they have gained weight.

Another one covered her one week for a holiday, she was so dull! Another week we had the area manager and I found her quite boring. Though she has lost weight she was still very large, way above the 2 stone limit - was hard to take any advice she gave seriously.

My consultant makes staying to group worth while.

You could do a couple of things here.......

1, write to Slimming world an explain to them what has happened, she may need more training, also if you dont let HQ know then they cant help the group develop....\

2, Print out the HEX B List showing the fiber bar and show her lol ......

I like both options! x

I like option 2! But that is a bit strange of a consultant to act like that though. Both the consultants that I have had have been fab and really supportive!

becci1783 said:
I went lo a sw group with a friend about a year or so ago and never went back after the first week simply because I watched her say things to members that made me feel bad and she didn't make eye contact with anyone just read from a little machine what people had lost or gained waited for a clap then moved on or asked a 'stock question'
One lady lost 1lb and was pleased as she had had what sounded like a healthy week with good food and exercise with one meal out which she said was above her syns but still quite well chosen with superfree things in the consultant shook her head and asked her where she felt she went wrong????

As I say I never went back but my mum convinced me to go to her group last month and our consultant Lisa is fab and motivating and understanding and doesn't make it feel like its a harsh 'diet' but a way of life. I wish I'd gone to this group last year rather then going good and gaining more weight (my fault not the crappy sw consultants lol)

Just out of interest where do you live? My cousin in law Lisa is a consultant & i'm wondering if she's yours!

kingleds said:
Just out of interest where do you live? My cousin in law Lisa is a consultant & i'm wondering if she's yours!

I'm in hull.

Back