Strange noise/sensation...Help

chriscavell

Ok, hoping someone might be able to help me here.

Basically sometimes when I work out, I get a weird clicky feeling in my arms (round the shoulder joint) and in my right knee.

In the main it doesnt hurt but obviously I know that this cant be normal.

Any suggestions?

It can be totally normal, like when people crack their knuckles it's just air bubbles escaping from the joints. If you're really worried about it or it starts to hurt see your doctor.

Its not the same as that (my knees do that all the time when I crouch down) its more of a dull click (maybe should have said thudding feeling)

i get this in my wrist!
it "clicks"!

waatched what happens when it clicks and i wish i hadnt, as something popped out of my skin and back in as normal. it dosent hurt, but i just need some wrist support for it....

have you ever been in car accident. i was side smashed, low impact but it put my shoulders out a bit and i got whiplash too. now i click all the time i do things with shoulders. sometimes even changing gera in the car caused it.

If the noise and feeling is more of a clunk, than the cracking of your joints when you crack your knuckles then quite often this is caused by tendons catching on the bone surface and is fairly normal, but if it becomes painful you might have bursitis or more seriously a tear in the tendon and you'll need to see a doctor.

I get that, like a CLUNK and it feels like it might pop out but without the painful bit?

Yeah thats it.

Didnt get it last night but sometimes I can just be reaching for something and it happens.

Wouldnt say it hurts but sometimes if I've been working out and its happened a few times my arm can feel a bit 'dead'.

Ive never been in a car accident (thankfully), cant figure out why it would have started really...

Might have to strengthen the muscles around the joint to support it more but don't push it too hard to start with, mine got worse because in my true style I rushed in all guns blazing lol. If it gets worse see your doctor who might recommend you for some physio.

Thanks hun, I dont really know how to strengthen round that joint...It seems to be better than it has been this week

are you doing weights? If you do lateral raises slightly angle your arms (while keeping them straight) so your hands are forward a little bit. I had bad bad clicky in my joints doing that exercise (which caused a lot of pain) and my p. trainer told me to do that. Just keep working at it slowly and carefully to build up the muscles x

Hi
Thanks for that, I've started doing weights but normally have to put them down after a few reps because it hurts...

are you doing weights? If you do lateral raises slightly angle your arms (while keeping them straight) so your hands are forward a little bit. I had bad bad clicky in my joints doing that exercise (which caused a lot of pain) and my p. trainer told me to do that. Just keep working at it slowly and carefully to build up the muscles x

thats what was causing my clicky wrists, i could see something clicking out of place when it happened though.

its not clicked in a while now, and i still do weights

Back