Strawberry Mousse

I just make this up and leave the bowl in the fridge for a come and come again dippy pud!Lovely when I have the munchies.

I've tried this before and it is lovely but whenever my mom comes over to eat with us we can't make it. She really hates all types of yoghurt - she finds it a bit tangy. Any ideas what I could use to replace it? She's not sold on quark either - too similar to yoghurt in taste. I did try the Total low fat greek yoghurt but she wasn't convinced.

I'd appreciate any ideas as this recipe is truly scrummy and I think she'd love a non-yoghurty version! :-D
I like yoghurt on its own, but when mixed, or quark, to make a cake filling I dont like it very much because the sourness comes through no matter how much sweetener you put in.Hate it with chocolate so I know where she is coming from with this!

Is your mum on S W. If not you could make the jelly up as with this recipe then mix up with evaportated milk. My mum used to do this when we were children, we called it "fluffy jelly".

Back