Stress affecting weight loss?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Katie_Victoria, 20 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Katie_Victoria

Katie_Victoria Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(30%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    For the last week I have been extremely stressed (Long story short I'm considering leaving my University course due to personal issues) and I'm just worried about whether it will affect my weight loss this week. I'm not eating all my points (I'm just not hungry a lot of the time) but I'm still thinking 'Will my body screw me over anyway?'

How does stress other people's weight loss? Do you tend to lose more or put on?

:break_diet:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. billiebob

billiebob Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(13.33%)
    Diet:
    weightwatchers
    In my experience you lose alot more. I lost nearly a stone in a week during a very upsetting time a few years ago. But then again I fidgit terrible and cant eat or sit still when I am stressed plus crying burns ridiculous amounts of calories! ive always lost weight when upset or stressed but then it goes back on once I am calm and happy again! Hope you are calm and happy again very soon hun. XXx

4. vanda

vanda plodding away

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    faffing about
    Hope things settle down and you make the right decision for you. Unfortunately for me I have tended to comfort eat when stressed and just stuff continually. The last time I had a major stressor in my life I put on 3 stone in 2 months. Am on the way to losing this but am teaching myself coping strategies so I will hopefully not do this in the future.

5. Lil Miss Sunshine

Lil Miss Sunshine WE can do this :)

Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Diet:
    Cal Counting fitnesspal.com
    i went to a clinic here in ireland to lose weight and at that time i was going through loads of stress and they said i wasnt losing weight like i should be over stress. Prob depends on the person, some people dont eat some eat loads when stressed

6. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    I comfort eat... I find when I'm happy and content, I don't want to eat...

I hope your situation resolves soon, it's not nice being stressed x

7. Lil Miss Sunshine

Lil Miss Sunshine WE can do this :)

Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Diet:
    Cal Counting fitnesspal.com
    i am the same as i only found out a few mths ago, comfort eat

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.