Stress affecting weight loss?

Katie_Victoria

For the last week I have been extremely stressed (Long story short I'm considering leaving my University course due to personal issues) and I'm just worried about whether it will affect my weight loss this week. I'm not eating all my points (I'm just not hungry a lot of the time) but I'm still thinking 'Will my body screw me over anyway?'

How does stress other people's weight loss? Do you tend to lose more or put on?

:break_diet:

In my experience you lose alot more. I lost nearly a stone in a week during a very upsetting time a few years ago. But then again I fidgit terrible and cant eat or sit still when I am stressed plus crying burns ridiculous amounts of calories! ive always lost weight when upset or stressed but then it goes back on once I am calm and happy again! Hope you are calm and happy again very soon hun. XXx

Hope things settle down and you make the right decision for you. Unfortunately for me I have tended to comfort eat when stressed and just stuff continually. The last time I had a major stressor in my life I put on 3 stone in 2 months. Am on the way to losing this but am teaching myself coping strategies so I will hopefully not do this in the future.

i went to a clinic here in ireland to lose weight and at that time i was going through loads of stress and they said i wasnt losing weight like i should be over stress. Prob depends on the person, some people dont eat some eat loads when stressed

I comfort eat... I find when I'm happy and content, I don't want to eat...

I hope your situation resolves soon, it's not nice being stressed x

Back