STRESSED!!!

Bub71

We're do I start! I perhaps didn't think this out when I started on this journey regarding timing but when is the right time to make the decision to take control over your self. Me and my family have been on a very long journey trying to adopt a little boy that has lived with us since he was 6mths old he is now 5.5yrs old. There has been lots of problems and issues re birth Mum and social care so this whole process has taken far longer than it should Nd cost lots of money as there is 4 barristers involved. Tomorrow was going to be a day of happiness and be the final court date, social care have decided to withdraw some of the support that is needed for this little boy, they are backing us into a corner because they know how much we love him so they think they can save some money by using our emotions. I can't believe they are taking such a huge gamble with a little boys life the day before court. On top of that my emotions are saying feed me, I'm drained and exhausted and just want to cry.:cry::cry:

Bub it sounds like your having a really tough time at the moment but I'm sure you've made to right decision to start your weight loss now think how fantastic you'll feel in a few weeks months when you've lost your weight and feel much fitter and healthier to play and look after your son. X please keep your chin up in sure tomorrow will go well for you good luck Hannah

Bub - so sorry to hear you're having such a hard time at the moment. I can empathise a bit as the first time I tried Exante I was half way into my second week when my son was rushed in to hospital with a collapsed lung (in the middle of his A levels!). I clearly remember sitting at his bedside gnawing through an Exante bar and wondering whether to just chuck it in the bin and get a muffin and a latte from the Costa nearby. I decided to stick with it and was so glad I did. In a weird way it gave me strength to keep going. if you fall off the wagon now, it won't make your current problems any easier, it'll just add to them. Take care, look after yourself and let us know how things go xxxx.

Hi bub, how are things going?

Thinking of you:hug99:

Hi everyone, it was so lovely to read your messages once I finally sat down tonight. It was a very long and stressful day in court and we didn't get home until nearly 6pm. It ended with good news after nearly a year of battling we could tell our little boy that finally every one had got it right and he could stay with us forever. Without saying too much , I don't no whether any of you watch panarama re children in care and the latest one called the truth about adoption which was on just before Christmas, well anyway if you did see it, we are the family with the little boy Coner. I can talk about it now because he is mine and safe. Also another plus for today is I manage to stay on TS which is pretty incredible as I can usually munch through a lot of rubbish during stress x

Oh wow!! My husband works for Cov CC (not in fostering/adoption thankfully!) so we did watch it (with particular interest also as I am adopted). Just told my hubby your news and we're so chuffed for you!! We were gutted when it looked like it was going wrong for you. You have such a wonderfully warm and loving family and beautiful daughters and I have no doubt that Conor is one lucky little boy. It's such a shame that there aren't more positive stories like yours! I'm genuinely thrilled for you!

Well done for staying on TS ... A real achievement!

Congrats!

Congratulations on the adoption. I'm sure you're wee boy will add lots of joy and happiness to you and your family.
Well done on sticking to the diet, particularly at such a stressful time. xx

Awwwwww, thats amazing news, congratulations to you and your family :)

Congratulations -I'm really happy for you that everything has worked out and Conor finally has the security he deserves :) Well done for sticking with it - you've done brilliantly and I bet you are happy that you haven't let the stress derail you. Big hugs to you and your family x

Bub, I'm so pleased for you and your family. I watched the program and was horrified with what you were having to go through.. also not knowing the outcome was awful. I would love to adopt a child, however the process is so terrible it really puts me off. It's such a shame that there are so many children that need loving homes and they are not getting the love they deserve. The biggest congratulations have to be for Conor, as he has such a wonderful forever family XXXX

Back