Stretch marks anyone??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Without The Pounds' started by expatsa, 27 October 2008 Social URL.

1. expatsa

expatsa New Member

Hi all,
    While I was pregnant with my daughter I noticed some stretch marks on my thighs and across my stomach. After trying a number of products comercially available I eventually started using a product called Bio-oil and believe me-it's helped! Thanks goodness. The trick is that you must use it religiously and not give up on it. Any one else had some sucess ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. spooky

spooky Banned

Yep, Bio Oil and Vitamin E cream here - I am not so much like a road map LOL :D

4. expatsa

expatsa New Member

Where to find Bio oil reasonably priced?

Hi all
    Can anyone tell me if they have found a better price than $8?(expatshop.co.za-for a 125ml bottle).Please let me know if I can get it cheaper elsewhere??

5. totty

totty Personal Trainer

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.94%)
    Diet:
    My own
    ebay :D

6. oliviasmummy

oliviasmummy Full Member

Diet:
    lighter life
    love this but like you say it has to be used religiously mine are almost gone (well difficult to see gone the silvery colour) feel great about it now

7. chocolatecat

chocolatecat One day at a time :)

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(7.02%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I have had and been getting stretch marks since the age of 11 and the most important thing to remember is to moisturise!!

They will eventually fade to silvery lines on their on but any moisturiser used at least once daily will do.

If you can afford it, bio oil is very good but can be a bit too pricey for some people (ie me who always has new stetch marks somewhere :8855:)

Good luck ladies :rolleyes:

8. jemma29

jemma29 Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Current Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    ebay and that shop "tj hughes" sells it rather cheaply im sure xx

9. xkawaiix

xkawaiix Full Member

i think it also depends on the person and where they are. I went through a very early puberty and in 18 months i went from having no breasts to being a D cup o_o this left me with horrible purple stretch marks all over my breasts and i was very upset tbh. I thought i was maimed for life XD over the years they faded and contracted, and no days you would have to get a magnifying glass to see anything hehe. I do have some on my hips too from irregular growth but they are hardly visible now they have faded. I think moisturising does really help as makes the skin more nourished and supple.

10. Bea

Bea Back on the wagon!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge +
    Agreed - I have loads from constant weight gain and loss (also two babies)....they do fade with time - cocoa butter is great!

11. nexangelus

nexangelus Carpe diem, baby!

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(15.58%)
    Diet:
    Clean eating (no processed food)
    Rescue oil is the cheaper version of bio oil and it works as well...I use it...my worst stretch marks are my tum, bum and boobs...but hey I'm 35 and had two kids and...

12. Maffie

Maffie Full Member

Start Weight:
    86.9kg
    Current Weight:
    83.8kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    3.1kg(3.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's important to use a product before they really start as well isn't it? My mum used to tell me she moisturised head to toe everyday and she doesn't have any. My boobs when i gained weight got a few biut i think moisturing helped stop the worst i have some scars so im tempted to try bio oil for those

13. lexi076

lexi076 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.09%)
    Diet:
    CS
    I used bio oil and it was great..but I am also very proud of my mummy stripes :) I earned them!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.