stretch marks

Sambucca

Gold Member
I have had stretch marks since being pregnant with my eldest daughter who is now 10. Because I have been overweight since then Ive never really been too bothered by them, but as my belly is slowly shrinking I am becoming more aware of them.

Has anybody got the magic cure or does anyone know if it is possible to make them less obvious.

Thanks
Sam

oh god i wish i knew a cure! i only got them when i lost weight too and i'm 19 and have never been pregnant! :cry:

They become less obvious if you have a spray tan - i know its not a cure but is good for a quick cover up.
Aloe vera is good for healing the skin and also bio-oil which you can get in Boots (its quite expensive though).
Do you have the little white stretch marks or scarey big red ones. I have both but its the big ones which upset me the most.
peachy
x

Most people on here say that Bio oil is the best and I agree, it is very good at scars / marks / blemishes etc and the hospital recommend I put it on my scar when it has healed a little more.

It won't help loose skin but it will certainly help with stretch marks.

You can get it in boots for around 8 pounds for a little bottle and 15 pounds for a large bottle and is well worth a try, you massage it in or can use it as a bath oil.

Mike

I have some from my pregnancies ... my babies growing lines as people tell me. So I think I will be on the look out for bio-oil too then, dont really want to get any more or for them to get any worse ... but hell if it happens, it happens, theres worse things in life.

I have heard that Bio Oil works really well. Its a bit expensive tho.

I used to be overweight when i was younger and then lost alot of weight and was left with stretch marks :(. But i didnt do anything for them and they did fade abit.

I think i wlll be buying myself some Bio Oil when i get paid again, i have a lot of stretch marks on my stomach. Oh well, at least the weight has gone :) xx

Hi I am a beautician, and i agree Bio oil is very good for stretch marks/scars. You wont see results straight away but eventually you will.

But a word of warning if you are putting it in the bath it can get VERY slippery ( SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE !!)

Andria x

Hi I am a beautician, and i agree Bio oil is very good for stretch marks/scars. You wont see results straight away but eventually you will.

But a word of warning if you are putting it in the bath it can get VERY slippery ( SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE !!)

Andria x

LMAO!! You are so right!! I went flying on my first bath experience and also it stays slippy the next time you shower as well.

Good stuff though

oh god i wish i knew a cure! i only got them when i lost weight too and i'm 19 and have never been pregnant! :cry:

Same here and I'm 20 :wave_cry:

I'm sorry if this is a silly question but how do you use it if its so slippery?? Like do you put it on in the mornings or just before bed?? Wouldnt it ruin your clothes that way?? I know there will probably be intructions on the packaging but i'm just curious.

Thank you :) xx

So is Bio Oil good for "old" strech marks ie. 15 years old, or just new ones, or to prevent them when you are pregnant etc.

I used bio oil from the first day I found out I was pregnant (which was five weeks) right up until my son was 1 month old....sorry to say it made no difference! I think you're either lucky to have a good supply of collagen or you're not!
I will say though that I have noticed that my stretch marks have become a lot paler and less obvious since losing weight.
I think if others have found it helpful then it might work for you, just don't get your hopes up.
Good luck.
Ceri

hahaha

I always said I would have mine tatooed...in the form of a forest, after 3 kids mine go about 10cm below my bra!
Not too bothered by them at this weight but we shall see when I have lost some!

Back