Stretchmarks :-/

Zentje

After gaining allot of weight, I got allot of stretchmarks, the white ones on my stomach and around it. Now that I've lost quite of weight, they look so ugly. I don't know what to do, or what to put it on them so they will clear up or a little bit even. Do u guys know what can I use on my stretchmarks, to help reduce them? And that will actually work???!!

Hiya,
During my pregnancy I got loads of stretchmarks too and the only thing that I found that helped a bit was Bio Oil. I tried so many different things but that seemed to be the best.

the stretch marks will fade eventually - after one of my pregnancies (2002) I had real angry stretch marks they took a year or so to fade to white lines.
I know I cant recommend this but I found after I had been on holidays and got a little bit of tan..... by the time my tan faded the stretchmarks had faded too. I cant say the tan helped them fade but it made me more confident while they were there and waiting them to be less red looking KWIM.

Definitely Bio Oil, quite pricey but I got a good deal on Ebay. Three of the big bottles has lasted just over a year!

im chucking on bio oil at every oportunity as i have streachmarks on my stomach, thighs, arms, inner elbows and boobs, the pale white kind and the marks seem sucken in comparison with the normal skin, dont know how much they will fade from here but hey every little helps

Yep, bio oil all the way but I have found that although bio oil is the best thing for improving their appearance, actually I am going to have to learn to just live with them because they will always be there. I have also been using Nivea firming gel (green bottle) and it is just brilliant for firming skin and also seems to be helping the stretch marks. x

hi, i am using nivea siluette gel, and the cellulite gel in the blue tube , both great! i was using bio oil and hated the smell and greasyness! nivea is much cheaper and on special in boots at mo 2 for 1!!!! bio oil is good though, but i love the nivea.x

yep i agree to bio oil, im using at the mo :)

After gaining allot of weight, I got allot of stretchmarks, the white ones on my stomach and around it. Now that I've lost quite of weight, they look so ugly. I don't know what to do, or what to put it on them so they will clear up or a little bit even. Do u guys know what can I use on my stretchmarks, to help reduce them? And that will actually work???!!

im scared when you started you were only 16st i was 21st i thought they would fade naturally is this not the case??, how much have you lost and how long did it take you ( if you dont mind me asking) ,, well done on your weigh loss bythe way maybethe sun will tan them out, i use coca butter as thast suppose to be good on strecthmarks skins looks ok so far but still super scared:wave_cry::jelous::cry:

No, unfortunately it didn't go away. I don't think they will ever go away either, they are like white scars. I've lost 66 lbs in about 18 weeks. Actually I can't believe it that I've lost so much weight, it seems like yesterday I've started. But I myself can't see much diference tough hehe.....I'm using St.Ives Firming lotion for about a month now, and recently using Cocoa Butter Formula Lotion for Stretchmarks. I hope I will see maybe a little difference in some months...

you will see a difference with the creams betyou feel great though...i got a wedding in 7 weeks and hoping to be in the 14st range bythen if im lucky ..ol

Stretch marks settle down when you stop losing weight and you stabilise.
My sister lost a lot of weight (6 stone) and had stretch marks and puckering of the skin through out her weight loss. She used a firming lotion every day, also did ten mins of toning exercises every day and after six months of getting to goal her skin looks firm and healthy. The stretch marks are virtually invisible and she happily puts a bikini on (she does wear a little fake tan tho).
So keep at the good work...you'll get there. x x

Yeah, I second Delicious Boo, your skin needs time to catch up with your weight loss - my friend's surgeon told her 6-9months AFTER you finish loosing weight.

I've got disgusting loose skin under my arms and I'm only 2 stone down with another 8 stone to go!! So I am planning on SMOTHERING on the Bio Oil and Palmers Coco Butter Stretch Mark cream and using free weights and the power plate to help me! I don't mind about my belly as I probably wont ever wear a bikini, I'm fine with that, I just want to be able to wear strapless tops in the sun!

Here's to banishing the stretch marks and loose skin!

xxxx

I have the arm problem too which I hate BUT they are getting better. I am using bio oil and Nivea silhouette gel which is really lovely- instantly makes your skin feel firmer. I do accept that it will take time for my body to get stable though so am not beating myself up about it x

debbie you look amazing!!!

I have the arm problem too which I hate BUT they are getting better. I am using bio oil and Nivea silhouette gel which is really lovely- instantly makes your skin feel firmer. I do accept that it will take time for my body to get stable though so am not beating myself up about it x

I got some of this Nivea stuff from Boots at the weekend and it was half price... £5 something per tube so I got two - LOL

Thank you Charley :) Yeah the nivea silhouette is really good stuff, I can literally feel it firming my skin as I use it. Only thing is, don't use it after you've applied deodorant if using on arms as it goes all lumpy and gross!!! xx

cheers ladies x

Back