Strozapretti pesto rosso! (absoloutly delish!)

melissa87

This is an adaptation of zizzi's strozapretti pesto rosso.

Serves 4

4 chicken breasts
300g strozapretti pasta (any will do though)
handful of chopped parsley
8 spring onions
4 tbsp weight watchers cremé fraíche (2syns)
2tbsp red pesto (4 syns)
Juice of a lemon
Mixed herbs (any will do)

Boil the pasta for 8 mins

Whilst that is boiling fry the chicken with the lemon juice and mixed herbs until cooked

In the last minute add the spring onions and parsley.

Drain the pasta and add to the chicken.

Add cremé fraíche and pesto and heat through until warm!

Serve with a sprinkling of parmesan and wolah! Yum yum!

You can always add more cremé fraíche or you could use fromage frais to keep the syns down, but for the whole meal it is 6 syns so is only 1.5 per portion!

I will upload a photo of it as we are having it again tonight!

I cooked ths twice last week. Once for my other half and last night for my friend who came round for dinner. They both loved it. It's my new favourite meal!

Sounds delicious! As a pestoholic, I will definitely be trying this! Thanks!

Oh thanks for that. It's one of my favourite things to eat at Zizzi's. Yum! :)

Awww i am glad everyone likes it soo much! I have it at least twice a week! hehe Although it is not exact (as a: i don't know the exact recipe from Zizzi's! and B: it is probably calorie packed! I still love it! and you can make it more saucy or less saucy, its up to your taste, some times I prefer more crémé fraiche sometimes i prefer more pesto! I just adapt the syn values! xx

Melissa - cooked this meal tonight and I just wanted to say it was FABULOUS! Absolutely lovely and the OH loved it too!! Thanks so much for the idea xx

it varies, sometimes i use fresh if i have them, sometimes i use mixed herbs (the dried version) and sometimes I just use the parsley!

Hope this helps

x

Another thing i forgot to mention is to serve it with a side salad so that you can get your 1/3 superfree! Or just have fruit for dessert hehe

x

Ooooo looks yummy!!! Sounds nice just reading the receipe but actually seeing it is so much better.

Will try this at some point over the next week :p

Yum!

I made this tonight and it was lovely - I haven't made anything new that's been so nice in a long time.

It will definitely be a regular feature on our menu :eat:

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Just wondering what to do now with the rest of the creme fraiche in the fridge - I've never used creme fraiche before.

Back