Struggling on holiday

kellmo

Gold Member
Hi all,
I am with my family in Wales and I've brought my shakes and meals and bars with me (along with my blender.)

I've not strayed off the plan once but I am really struggling when we are out and about with the rest of my family having picnics, sandwiches, fresh fruit, ice creams etc. I've been cooking myself pieces of chicken to munch on through the day and snacking on ham when we're home and it's getting me through.

But I'm worried that I'm eating too much of it, it's not tonnes but it's way more than 100g. What else can I do? I am walking loads and when we went to the pub I had roast chicken and salad, I even hid the barbecue sauce!

I've also just started TOTM and worrying this wil affect weight loss too on Sunday when I weigh.

HEYULLLPP!!!

try and keep strong. Would it help to do something different when they are eating?

I am totally in awe of you guys that stick to plan whilst on holiday! There's no way I could do it - it would spoil my holiday!

I have found holidays easier, keep drinking plenty - coffee, tea, water. Coke, latte

If you need a nibble have protein, emergency extra light babybel

You can do it hun Xx

I just wouldnt even worry hun , you got back on plan so easy after your trip to euro disney and lost the weight in the same week and then some....dont let it spoil your holiday! x

Holidays are for relaxing. Try not to let the eating control the fun you're having.

If you fnacy a treat, have a treat. Just remember what you've eaten and don't have selective amnesia!

I think it's great you're trying to eat well on holiday. Keep up the good work and stay hydrated!!

Good for you. Well done!!! I'm tempted to start. I'm going for a little break next weekend. But not brave enough to start on holiday. It must be a struggle for you but you are being sensible with packs and chicken. I think you guys are amazing :) :) :)

Thanks everyone, we managed to find somewhere today that did omelette so I had ham omelette and salad, when I'm at home I'm not with them for breakfast, lunch, tea then supper plus snacks sonim finding it harder, plus not being in a routine and the glorious sunshine are confusing me!?!?!

I did 100% again today, I have 4 weeks until I'm back at work in September and I have a mini goal for then, I'm not going off track and I have to keep reminding myself.

Thank you all x x

sherrie82 said:
Good for you. Well done!!! I'm tempted to start. I'm going for a little break next weekend. But not brave enough to start on holiday. It must be a struggle for you but you are being sensible with packs and chicken. I think you guys are amazing :) :) :)

Do it sherrie, as soon as you get back, you won't regret it!

Just keep at it hun..... Most gain or STS for TOTM...., just dont let ut throw you!!! Sure you'll be pleasantly suprised if you stick to protein and keep up the long walks!!!

You'll do great!!!

Keep strong!!!

X

Thank you all. I really would have caved and eaten of you lot hadn't spurred me on!

Ta very much x

26lbs lighter in 9 weeks

I did it. I was 100% all week! I have just got home and jumped on the scales with a 2lb loss, that's 2 stone gone forever, into the 11 stone bracket and 2 more to go until goal!!!

Back