Stubbseys Diary - back in the zone!

had a good day today nice n sunny out been walking for a couple of hours and been busy cooking.

this moring tho i had a mishap with some apple cider vinegar which i have decided to take in the mornings, first time i put it in water and it was ok but didnt fancy making a bigger amount of it so this morning i though just glug the 2tsp down in one and forget it... hmmm burned my throat, gave me asthma and felt pretty sick.. so wont be doing it like that again, much stronger than normal vinegar.

B half oopsie small piece of cheese, 2 chicken drumsticks
D Pork bellies, chicken thighs, savoy cabbage

hopefully no snacks

Hi and Welcome Stubbsey, just catching up with new diaries after the summer hol, which seems like a lifetime ago. :)

Hi hope you had a good summer holls!! see from your stats you are doing JUDDD, i am not really up on diets and its one i have only just heard people talking about on here, is it easy to follow? xx

I find it easy but not everyone does. I felt really energized the day after having 500-600 calories and not at all hungry if that makes any sense.

I think the 5-2 diet may be more for me. It's eating 500 -600 calories 2 times a week and eating what ever you want the other 5 as opposed to every other day of alternative calories. May give it a go after cooling my food intake in general. :)

I find it easy but not everyone does. I felt really energized the day after having 500-600 calories and not at all hungry if that makes any sense.

I think the 5-2 diet may be more for me. It's eating 500 -600 calories 2 times a week and eating what ever you want the other 5 as opposed to every other day of alternative calories. May give it a go after cooling my food intake in general. :)

Sorry to jump in :) I just dont see how eating whatever i wanted for 5 days would help me lose weight, more likely put it on lol. Will have to go to the forum and have a nosey!

Stubbsey, the celeriac is delish and well worth giving a go. Ive eaten mine and now want to make more........greedy sod that i am

Ouch feel your pain on the apple cider vinegar - it is great for you but rips your throat out if you don't mix it with water.

I tried it a while ago as one of many remedies for my sinuses (didn't help much, but it's supposed to have great benefits generally)

Sorry to jump in :) I just dont see how eating whatever i wanted for 5 days would help me lose weight, more likely put it on lol. Will have to go to the forum and have a nosey!

That's not really the true JUDDD, the 5-2 is one that medical journalist Michael Mosley did for Horizon. You may still be able to watch it on bbc iplayer. JUDDD is 600 cal every other day. I lost a good amount on it and it suited me, but it's not for everyone.

long article but sums it up.

The 5:2 diet: can it help you lose weight and live longer? - Telegraph

a woman at work once suggested to me that i diet only when i was at home and when i was at work nights i should eat what i wanted, i didnt think it would work out, eating takeaways and goodies one minute and dieting the next, but i guess its the few calories you have on the diet days that it just evens out.

the apple cider vinegar certainly did rip my throat out, wont make that mistake again!!!

You don't look like you're eating much, stubbsey. Are two meals enough to keep you full? What are your calories like?

I've looked into Judd and 5:2 especially when a few people on here were doing it but I don't think it's for me. I'd just eat bad food and too much of it on the days I was allowed to, so I don't think it would be great for my overall health. That's just a personal thing, though I've certainly seen a few people gaining on the diet recently. Like any diet, I suspect it works better for some people than others. I do know low carbers who do a week of low carb Judd every so often to break a stall...

I was thinking I might try it to keep any gain down if I come off plan for a couple of weeks at Xmas but tbh I think I'd rather just relax.

The 5:2 diet: can it help you lose weight and live longer? - Telegraph

i read this and the first part about fasting is just silly but then he gets to the 5/2 diet and i actually think i could live with that. not going to try it now though i am happy with what i am doing but i have saved the article.

i think i am eating enough my portions are not small by any means and i use olive oil to cook things in which is another hidden calorie builder, i had last night two pork belly slices which were quite big and three chicken thighs, so i don't starve myself at all. I have always been a big eater which was one of the problems i had on ww, my portion sizes were always bigger than they should have been. if i had their meals i would have two at a time and even then three would have been more ME size.

Atkins does take a lot of my capacity to eat a lot away, i get sick of chewing for a start and just feel full, but i still seem to eat a lot, some days more than others.

had the apple cider vinegar again this morning but made sure i put it in a tumbler of water, vile ish but not burning my throat out lol

not sure what to have today, venison steaks probably or a mixed grill mmmmmmmm

I tried JUDDD for two weeks and found it totally unsuitable for me. The days I was eating 500 calories were torture - all I could think of the whole day was food. Nothing but food. And on the days I was allowed to eat anything (well, 2000 calories or so according to the JUDDD calculator) I wanted to eat nothing but junk, then felt guilty as hell if I did.

I think it can work if you have the right mentality for it. In theory it's great: you're only "on a diet" every other day, so you get relief from that diet on the days in between, but that's never how it felt for me. It felt like an endless cycle of being bad, then being punished for it by starvation - not healthy for someone with my personality type! I'm far better off on Atkins where I get to eat every day, and I can eat tasty, satisfying food.

My OH is doing the 5:2 diet and is coping with it better than I would, but he isn't losing weight now. He was initially, but he's since started eating so much rubbish food on his "normal" days that he's cancelling out any benefit from the 2 fasting days, thus he's just staying the same :rolleyes:

But you can only know by trying it yourself, I guess. I found it an interesting experience but not one I'd want to repeat (!)

i can see what you mean scrambles, i would probably just eat cake on my off days i am terrible for carbs especially have a sweet tooth!! i think ML had a point though about christmas, it might be worth giving it a try over the christmas period for say christmas and new year two week period see how it goes and then if its crap go back on atkins straight away, i was thinking i could try to do an atkins christmas, but you know THAT is just going to be soooo hard!

Well, put heating on earlier although sun was shining i came over chilly and needed to feel cosy! first time this season, didnt have it on long turned it off ages ago and now i am really hot..... can't win!

feel like i have stuffed myself today and only had two meals got some mussels later if i want them, weird i have just forgotten how to spell that cant figure out if its mussles or mussels, hmm thing els looks right. told you i was getting alzheimers!

B 2 eggs, 3 bacon
D 4 small pork belly strips, savoy cabbage

possible later some mussels with vinegar mmmmmmmmmm

I looked into juddd too and johnsons up days and down days ....can do the 600 days but only just :) but when I read into it a bit more ....really it's like having 1300 cals each day which seems far less painless...maybe it shakes your metabolism up a bit .....I did like the idea if 5:2 but knowing me I would carry on with the 5 and not the 2 :)

Currently on Atkins this week I've averaged out at about 1600 calories ....to be honest I've never eaten so much food on a diet (is it a diet? :))

I know where you are coming from, i put my food into mfp and i honestly think i must under estimate the portions i put in there, or i just dont want to admit to myself what a gannit i am and how much i actually eat lol. i ate a whole pack of pork bellies today minus one little end of one, which i put into my husbands risotto along with a small chicken breast, a whole pack!!! mind you they were small ones but still, i think they are meant for a family lol

Hi, I agree re mfp sometimes I look at what I ate during the day and think I have eaten more than mfp says. Hope you have a great day.

morning all, lost 2lbs this morning woo hoo!!!, had my diluted apple cider vinegar which is tolerable and so not sure if that is helping, it doesn't matter if not the list of advantages to it are seemingly endless.

didn't sleep at all well last night and got woke up early by the phone, typical, i didn't get to it, the blooming thing only rings 4 times before it goes onto answer phone and i wasn't going to rush out of bed and run down to answer it, i wouldn't have made it anyway. wish i knew how to set it. (can't find the book)

got some mussels today as didn't eat them last night, not sure what to do for dinner, might try a crustless quiche or something like that, or raid the freezer later to see what there is.

hope ur all having a good morning!!

Back