Student Slimmers

I just bought a hand blender in asda, 12 pounds reduced from seventeen. It's brilliant. I made a yummy soup today. Really cheap because marrows and swede etc are less than a pound each.

I'm a student too. Mostly I take cold couscous, either a plain one mised with cherry toms and ham and tabasco, or half a pack of the falvoured (31p tesco, lemon and thyme) with fruit and muller lights.

I found one in argos :). Cheap and cheerful. Looking forward to making some soup.
My boyfriends mum gave me a recipe for super slimming soup :). When I find It's out I'll post It's on here. She lost 5st in one year with SW so she must have done something Right :)

I'm still at home at them moment, going back to my flat on Sunday so going to make loads :) luckily I live on my main campus some I can pop back for Lunch.

Xx

Sarah i understand the coffee/chocolate... And my uni has riesen chocolate nom nom nom £1.55 gets me a (skimmed) latte and choc mm

Hi everyone,
im a final year student anda rejoined SW again today for the fourth time. Every time I've tried to lose weight before I've given up but I'm determined to be thin for my graduation. I've started to plan meals and although dinner won't be a problem, I'm really struggling with lunch ideas! I have no access to a microwave or kettle in uni but love hot food at lunch time :( does anyone have any recipes for nice cold food that I could try for lunch?

Xo

I'm determined to be thin for my graduation.

Same here! We can do it :D

I'm a bit boring when it comes to lunch at uni and generally take pasta with chopped up bacon/chicken and some extra light mayo or quark and stir fried veg mixed in.

Always on the look out for ideas though, so I'll keep an eye on this thread.

If you want a hot lunch and don't mind occasionally paying jacket potato with baked beans is free and nice to have for a change. Basically everywhere does them as well.

can mixed bean salad
can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
can baked beans
handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips
1 green 1 red and 1 yellow pepper
2 ham stock cubes
salt and pepper
mixed herbs
water to cover ingredients

chop and put all veg in pan and everything else cover and bring to boil simmer until soft

can be left chunky or blended

Heres the super speed soup. It's really nice and I say that as someone who normally dodges the green stuff as much as I can.

Hey! Need some help please.

Is Frylite the only cooking spray that has no syns? or is it all? Im looking at the flora sunflower spray because its cheaper right now at asda.

Cherry-Blossom thank you! i left my copy at my mums house over christmas!

The flora one has syns. My C did say last night but I can't remember.

Have a look at the Slimming World website they've got a student/budget 7 day plan on there.

Denise

Im not a student but know how too Cook for a budget but have to say sw student and budget menu plan isnt actually cheap i feed a family of 3 for less than 40 a week.... Buy a chicken (under 3 quid at aldi) Cook in oven we get 3 meals out of one chicken .... Roast Dinner....sandwiches.....chicken pasta .... And then i boil up the bones for stock for soup ....pasta Is cheap and filling we eat it Alot .... Dont be afraid to use value products i use value beans tomatoes veg tuna corned beef pasta tinned spaghetti etc etc do not buy veg at Asda its pricey Local grocers or aldi are the way to go or buy frozen at aldi

Cat, embarassingly (as i used to be a chef!) i have no idea how to carve a chicken to get all the meat off lmao i might give it a go... Again...
I get the biig bag of pasta for £3 from asda and the 40p/kg rice and sp smash and theres me prepared for if im skint, then tomatoes i prefer lidl than smart price but theyre the same price.... Also go to farmfoods and get loads of frozen veg.. I will buy fresh veg when i can but the last week or so before bursery, i rely in frozen stuff, theyre doing 3 bags for £2 just now so i got onions, peppers and green beans :)

Cat, embarassingly (as i used to be a chef!) i have no idea how to carve a chicken to get all the meat off lmao i might give it a go... Again...
I get the biig bag of pasta for £3 from asda and the 40p/kg rice and sp smash and theres me prepared for if im skint, then tomatoes i prefer lidl than smart price but theyre the same price.... Also go to farmfoods and get loads of frozen veg.. I will buy fresh veg when i can but the last week or so before bursery, i rely in frozen stuff, theyre doing 3 bags for £2 just now so i got onions, peppers and green beans :)

How i sort a chicken ..... Carve breast meat off for roast Dinner using a sharp knife ..... Then once the chicken Is cool enough i strip all skin off then strip meat off using my hands (obv wash first lol) but i get every little last bit of meat then dont forget to turn the Bird over theres ALOT of meat underneath i tend to get a huge bowlful of meat and thats just a standard sized chicken and thats after ive got one meal off it

Ohh I think I forget underneath! I tend to buy roast chicken chunks for uni sandwiches/pasta it would probably save me a fortune, ooooh I used to make good chicken and rice soup :) x

I never buy ready prepped meats unless they have a reduced sticker lol I'm a keen cook and love to experiment currently my obsession is diet coke pulled pork pork or gammon joint smoked or un smoked all fat removed cooked slow in oven or slow cooker submerged in diet coke remove from coke once tender and shread with forks great on a jacket with beans or with BBQ sauce on a butty or chuck in a veg broth or top with BBQ sauce and cheese and serve with potatoes n veg

Just prepping tonight's tea (I'm on nights)
I'm having jacket potato spicy BBQ beans(made with a blob of BBQ sauce and chilli in smart price beans)with leftover pulled pork hexa cheese and salad can't wait til 2 am

Hmm sounds tasty, I might need to try it, I have turkey steaks out but no idea what I'm having with them, I might go get diet coke now and BBQ them up with the cola and tomatoes!
What do you do that you work nights? Do you prefer days or nights? X

I'm an aeronautical engineer (make plane engine parts) I do 3 shifts 7am til 2.45.....2 til 10 and 9.45pm til 7 am eek

Even though I have a good job were always on a tight food budget as hubby is a stay at home daddy and only does a few hrs a week paid work so we rely on my wage so thought I could contribute to this thread lol

Oh and I HATE nights I struggle sleeping in the day it's poo :(

Back