Green Days Stuggling with green already!

sully123

So last week was my first week and I did all EE days. Decided to do all green this week but today is my first day and I'm struggling already! I just cant get my head round anything other than EE! Think I'm gonna switch back to EE and stick to that for quite a while. I have read a lot of posts about EE being a slower weight loss but I think I'd rather loose slower for the time being than get myself frustrated as it makes me want to eat McDonalds (craving it all day!). I did SW a couple of years ago but only did EE then too as I couldn't get my head round red and green.

Has anyone else struggled?

No hun I did EE for 4 weeks then started mixing them up, green and EE as found I wasn't eating meat a lot, using loads of quorn (never tried it before and we all loved it at my house!!) So thought I'd just do green days when I wasn't having meat so I can have the two hexb's!! Lol so today I've had green, had my hexb brown toast for breakfast with banana, quorn bolognaise on jacket spud for lunch with a ww yogurt and then for tea had linda mcartney italian sausages 2, slimming world chips and poached egg! Had some mushrooms with it and munched on a couple of strawberries afterwards. Its just no meat, that's all, what is it you're struggling with ? I love green days as I love carbs and they seem to like me as I still lose weight even though I'm eating lots of potatoes and pasta x

Oh forgot to add ill probs have an options and a hifi bar (2nd hexb) as a treat tonight

I can deal with no meat, I eat a lot of Quorn anyway but it's things like I can't have tuna in my jacket and not being to snack on a bit of chicken etc. I dunno I just can't get my head around it x

Oh well if you miss that, then if I were you I'd just do EE. I don't miss meat but I know some people do so if you miss meat then I wouldn't bother doing green hun. What about red? Or do you like the carbs and meat/fish mixed

I'm totally hijacking this thread but can anyone advise me... Are you allowed 2hea and 2hexbs?
I wanted to do a green day tomorrow but not sure if I've got it right! Was going to have

Breakfast
Shredded and semi skimmed milk (hea and b)

Lunch
Wholemeal cheese toastie (hea and b)

Dinner
Baked potato with beans and salad.

If I'm completely barking up the wrong tree please let me know!

I don't know really. I just found that EE was really simple and I didn't have to think about it. It didn't feel like a diet, just healthy eating. Whereas green is confusing me and is feeling like a strange diet I guess x

All_about_the_climb said:
I'm totally hijacking this thread but can anyone advise me... Are you allowed 2hea and 2hexbs?
I wanted to do a green day tomorrow but not sure if I've got it right! Was going to have

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Lol yes you can have 2A & 2B on red and green days. Just extra easy that you only get one of each x

Ha ha I love how excited you are for Shreddies! I think I will be on on Green if I planned every meal and not just dinner. That way I know what i will be having and won't be doing the fridge walk looking for inspiration. Might do a weekly green plan tonight! X

I hadn't even tried shreddies until last week haha!

I'm so bad at planning, I think that's why I make stir fry so much...just a case of bunging whatever you have in to a pan hehe! Going to head to tesco tomorrow for a proper shop but think (after Sunday weigh in) I'm going to try a week of green to see if it makes a difference plus I think it might work out a bit cheaper with less meat.
Good luck :) If you come up with anything particularly scrummy make sure you let us know :)

How much Shreddies can you have a HeX? Yeah that's why I want to try green, cheaper and possibility of faster weight loss! Good luck x

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

It says choose once OR twice from the a's, twice from the b's so its upto you how many hexa's you want. I tend to just have one and if my mam makes shepherds pie or something along those lines I don't have to syn the cheese lol

I find green plan filling, so much so that I don't find the need to snack. And having the 2 hexb's is a god send. Its only when I'm eating out or having chicken for tea that I do an EE day

I did SW back before EE came out so find it ok to switch back to the old plans - I only do it when I want cheese as I always use my HEA on milk, either on the rare times I have cereal or in tea and coffee and I dont really want to use my syns on cheese. I quite like doing the odd green day - but remember to drink plenty of water!

I've done a green day today cos was having quorn shepherds pie for tea so I've had all 4 healthy extras lol!! Milk cheese bread and hifi. Won't be as bad tomorrow though probably won't have cheese like I said I stick to one hexa unless cheese is part of dinner

I love green days!!! Had one today....

Breakfast - 2 slice wm toast (heb) and 2 boiled eggs

Mid morning - choc and fudge alpen light (1/2 heb)

Lunch - baked potatoe with beans and cheese (hea)

Mid afternoon - Muller light with choc and fudge alpen bar (1/2 heb)

Dinner - macaroni cheese made with Colemans cheese sauce (2 syns and hea)

Dessert - bowl of strawberries with ww yoghurt

and i plan on having a hot choc before bed (2 syns)

I find green days so easy and filling! Defo my fav!

I think I've got the hang of it today now lol.

B - branflakes and banana, milk hexa

L - mild cheese and broccoli batchelors pasta (1/2 syn) cheese hexa

D - Quorn lime & ginger fillets, baby pots and plenty of vege

Snacks fruit salad and fat free yogurt, flake (8.5 syns & walkers baked (5 syns)

Is it all Alpen light bars that you can have 2 for hexb? X

113gms tuna (in brine - drained) is 1 HEX B or you could syn it -----28gms are 1 and a half syns----tuna in brine - 100gms 5 syns.

Now you can have your tuna :=)

Back