Success Express

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that have tried this for a week.. how much did you lose?

I weighed at home last week and had gained 3lb, but lost 2lb in group this week, so I'm counting that as 5lb since my home scales are pretty accurate!

fab loss karen.. well done x

Just recently got to understand Success Express am trying it over weekend b4 WI pn Mon
Your meal pics are brill Thanks

Monday.. a new week and a new plan to try. i'm a little confused. our consultant never spoke about this plan...i only manage 1/2 to 1 1/2lb each week so hoping this will boost weightloss.. i love fruit and veg and just need to get a wee menu plan for a few days and do the shopping.... weigh on wed. will post how it goes ..

I did Success Express with a bit of a tweak last week and lots 4lbs! Going to do the same for the next 5 weeks up until my holidays. Basically I:

- ate 3 meals a day, with 2/3 of the plate being SuperFree;
- snacked only on SuperFree foods, eggs or yogurts;
- had just one healthy a & b choice (rather than the 2 that SE allows you); and
- restricted my Syns intake to 5 per day

So I'm thinking of giving this a go this week...or at least half a go. I didn't really thinking about it until today so I might start tomorrow...

~Just want to clarify what I would do using my lunch today.
I had half a packet of Ainsley Harriot Roasted Veg Couscous. The highest syn for this per pack is 18.5syns so that would be 9 syns?
Then I had quarter can of carrots, half a tin of plum tomatoes, half a bag of salad with some balsamic vinegar and a few slices of honey roast ham. Definitely more superfree there than anything...is the 9 syns count right?

Is ham free??? On green it's 6.5syns for 100g?

Last edited:
As far as I understand it, you take the higher syn value, so the cous cous would be 9 syns and the ham 6.5 syns. I suppose if it's going to generate that many syns, that's where it must give you the boost from then!! I reckon you are meant to eat more things that are free on both plans, such as corn on the cob and potatoes?

I might be wrong here, it's just how I've read it. Sounds interesting though. If I don't get a decent loss tonight after all the work I've put in this week, there's going to be a full blown tantrum at my group followed by six weeks of pre-holiday SE :) (this being quite likely, given my luck with the scales recently, would someone please correct me if I've not got the syn thing I've typed above right either? If I'm gonna do it I'd better be doing it right!!)

Good luck everyone x

Well it does say in the book ham is a free food lol so I'm confused now!

Surely if you were going to take the higher syns for everything you wouldn't be able to eat anything other than fruit and veg because it would be synned?!

You can have free food as meals, but when doing success express you can only snack on superfree, syns or HEX. So if you were snacking on ham it'd have to be synned as if on a green day, but you could have it free as part of a meal.

I've never tried success express myself it scares me a little lol. I think I may have done one today as had loads of superfree in all my meals... but daren't have the extra HEX's (although to be honest I doubt I'd be able to eat them anyway as haven't had them or any syns yet)

Ah so only the couscous would be synned? If it was plain it would be free but it's a packet one so it's synned at the highest?

I think so, if you're having something with syns on every plan you have to take the highest syn value, if its free food on one plan then it can be free if used as part of a meal... I think, this is sort of what scares me off trying it, like today I had savoury rice as part of my meal, so would that be free as its part of a meal or would I have to syn it as its synned on red?

I think it would mean if it's part of your meal and it's synned on both green and red, you take the higher amount. If on one plan it's free and you're having it as part of your meal then it'll be free.

I think so, if you're having something with syns on every plan you have to take the highest syn value, if its free food on one plan then it can be free if used as part of a meal... I think, this is sort of what scares me off trying it, like today I had savoury rice as part of my meal, so would that be free as its part of a meal or would I have to syn it as its synned on red?

It would be free, as it's a free food.

I think Success Express can be over-thought, it is actually not all that different from Extra Easy. Basically:
- the 1/3 rule is reversed, and you need to make sure your plate is 2/3 SuperFree
- you may only snack on SuperFree foods (fruit & veg) or eggs or yogurt
- any Syns you have must be taken from the highest Syn value (if somethings 5 on green and 20 on original, you must count it as 20)
- you get two healthy a and b choices

Simples! :)

It would be free, as it's a free food.

I think Success Express can be over-thought, it is actually not all that different from Extra Easy. Basically:
- the 1/3 rule is reversed, and you need to make sure your plate is 2/3 SuperFree
- you may only snack on SuperFree foods (fruit & veg) or eggs or yogurt
- any Syns you have must be taken from the highest Syn value (if somethings 5 on green and 20 on original, you must count it as 20)
- you get two healthy a and b choices

Simples! :)

I suppose I have done it today then, only problem is I'm stuffed so don't want any extra HEX's... at least I know I can do it if I want to in future and will plan the extra HEX's into my day

So just to be clear a muller light can be a snack on success express. If so yay I completed day one if not no biggie it was extra easy with extra veg lol x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back