Success Express

Jaded

Anybody confused by the Success express leaflet?? its not clear this is what my consultant confirmed with her area manager
1A + 1B on extra Easy
2A + 2B on Original
2A + 2B Green

On SE there is no red, green or EE. You have 2/3rd superfree and 1/3 red/green/both.

You have 1 or 2 A's
2 B's

5-15 syns

Syns are at the highest red or green value

All snacks, starters, desserts must be superfree or syns

That's it. Simple!

jaylou said:
On SE there is no red, green or EE. You have 2/3rd superfree and 1/3 red/green/both.

You have 1 or 2 A's
2 B's

5-15 syns

Syns are at the highest red or green value

All snacks, starters, desserts must be superfree or syns

That's it. Simple!

Echo above- and it's usually if you want to try and give your weight loss a little boost now and again... I will do a SE week now and again... I live super free though ;)

Thank you all, that makes sense leaflet bit confusing consultants also, two saying different things

ok this is where things are getting a bit muddled.. :confused: I had a new consultant today as our usual one was away, who advised me to do Success Express as I really want to get my 1 stone award next week and would need to lose 4.5 lbs when I usually only lose 1.5...

I was told to have 2 A's and 2 B's too but as someone who's only done extra easy so only ever had 1 A and 1 B I'm a little nervous.. as it seems the only thing being changed is adding more superfrees therefor reducing the amount of free food on the plate.. I'm not sure I have enough superfree as it is.. so wondering how this will work.. as I'm kinda of upping the A and B only to slightly reduce the 'free' food amount. does that make sense?

I have rung another friend whos asked their consultant and they are saying that you only have the 2 A and 2 Bs if you are doing red or green... otherwise it wont work as you are not taking anything away.. :hmm:

Can everyone please check with their consultants please? and if anyone has head office contacts please ask them ( can't afford the 1milllion pound a minute helpline :wow: )

Groan :/ you can up 2 of each - that's up to! I just checked in one of the recipe books... Thingy miles something ( the founder of sw ) says so , so that will do me! Although it would be amazing if they did know everything cons are just ex members.. Some great some not so :/ if everybody asks their cons you will prob get a selection of answers. Ring the member helpline or email if you still need confirmation :)

Thank you Keldelacoe :) I figured that consultants aren't just ex members though, they meet with slimming world once a month I think to keep up with their training and new info. I think the 'Success Express' leaflet needs to be made clearer as it's a bit confusing.

would phone the number if I could afford it but its one of those £1 a minute thingies :mad: I guess the proof of this is going to be in the pudding as it were lol (well maybe not the actual pudding.. unless its a superfree pineapple of course :giggle: ) I'll have a go at Success Express as best as I understand it with 2 A's and 2 B's and let you all know how I get on.. If anyone else wants to wade in here with even more clarity and confirmation, the more the merrier.. lets get this clear and the message out far and wide.. Love to hear from people who've had success with 'Success Express' and also please tell us if you are usally an 'Extra Easy, red or green person)

oops forgot you also said i could email them, will do that too :) though I do believe your recipe book and the 'maker of slimming world' being the one who must def. know! I just think it would be good feedback for them to know its not that clear.

Last edited:
Hi Jaded, seems we both have been told different things. it's funny because I actually queried it myself as it doesnt seem to make sense to me to be upping my A's and B's to lose weight on success express.. the syns are the same.. but we're just having more superfree on the plate I guess.

this is what this forum is about though, if we're not clear we can get more help by asking each other. There are no silly questions on here. I was thinking exactly the same as you. I think if we are unclear we need to ask around untill we get a concesus on that answer and our consultants won't mind asking head office for us. You did mention that yours asked her area manager? could you go back to her and let us know what the outcome is? The consultants do advise us to stick 100% to plan as even getting a few syn values wrong and guestimating can affect our weight loss, so yours is a very good question. Just wanted to say, as I think Kel's 'groan' could be misconstrued (maybe it was meant more about the inconsistancy of the advice we have been given, hope so :)) and you are a new postie and it's good to ask lots of things on here. I've learnt so much on here, it's great!

Slim&slinky said:
oops forgot you also said i could email them, will do that too :) though I do believe your recipe book and the 'maker of slimming world' being the one who must def. know! I just think it would be good feedback for them to know its not that clear.

I agree I had to read it a few times... I think the only thing that has been made clear in the last few years is extra easy ... I'm sure it's not the case but there just seems a big drive for that these days.

I know cons get training and stuff but some are v good and some just a bit pants! My husbands cons always says she I'd starving as she doesn't eat all day and just at night (not sure if this is every day to be fair or just weigh in day) if anybody questions it she says 'well I have lost 4 stone so it works for me' lol

£1 a min though? Crikey madness!!!!

Hi Kel :) wow that's mad she says she's always starving! I agree thats a bit pants lol

I've only ever had 2 consultants and both very different.. one lady said to me today that she found it hard when a consultant pushed her to up her weekly target .. I think some think they are motivating everyone to 'reach for the moon and you'll at least land in the stars' or something like that mentality which def. works for some, but we're all so different in our psychological make up that sometimes we get disapointed if we've said we'll go for something bigger and then don't reach it. I just told the lady to be firm and explain what works for her in giving her self a smaller target and achieving it or surprising herself in doing better.. do you have the email address by the way? I've tried looking for it but can't find it.

Hi all

I'm a former cons!

Right you have 1-2a's 2b's, each meal plate must be 1/3 from free foods red + green (so a small piece of salmon and a few potatoes for example. The remaining plate must be 2/3rds super free foods.

Syns are taken at the highest value so if it's 8 in red 11 on green you take the syn value as 11.

It's better to sick to syns of the same value such as crisps, biscuits wine etc or super free x

I've followed SE a fair bit recent and what I was told was to choose if a day was going to be red or green (so more meat or carbs) and then the reason u get the 2B's is so u can use that on the other I.e on a red day I would have a huge salad, a steak (almost 1/3rd) and then use a B to get a little carb on my plate.

Sarah xxxx

I have the leaflet

Focus on free food - three meals a day one third free food, two thirds superfree - the example is a jacket potato with tuna and a huge salad

Healthy extras - one or two A, two B

Snack on superfree

5-15 syns

You don't choose red or green or EE, you choose Success Express. The consultant you mention is incorrect, you don't choose red or green.

As to how it works - it was a half way point to discovering extra easy! You add a b but syns are more limited (taking the highest value) and the large amount of super free satisfies your appetite with the low density foods.

Extra easy was then the discovery of limiting the healthy b's and a's but getting more choice of free food and when it first came about you were told if you were following extra easy you always take the lower syn value on red / green synned foods or recipes.

I'd you've been doing sw along time it was a common plan along with mix to max but extra easy blew it out of the water.

Gawd I feel old lol!!

Thanks Becks, that makes sense.. I've often wondered how they discover these things and who they trial them with and for how long etc Hope i've not got this wrong but off top of my head im thinking I always take lower syn value on extra easy.. or most of the time im just looking it up online diary so selecting my extra easy day or looking at the syns in yellow book which gives the syns for extra easy aswell as the red and green... im yet to try red and green though think I understand it. i think im going to have to start success express tomorrow now as not sure ive done it correctly.. ive been snacking on mullers etc not on superfree.. Also I had some supernoodles (low fat sweet chili batchelors) and were amazed they were free on extra easy! they are sooo tasty (however i had them as a snack and didnt have any veg with them, they' be good to make in a stir fry but i guess i used them like a cupshotz as a quick snack.. this is not at all 'success express' i reckon lol I think success express requires extra focus and a whole fresh look at the plan ! as adding extra A's and B's if im not doing the rest right will def. not work common sense tells me that, but at least i know its up to 2A's and 2 B's and superfree snacks.. I guess you' use syns to make the meals.. less as snacksin their own right?

Thanks Becks, that makes sense.. I've often wondered how they discover these things and who they trial them with and for how long etc Hope i've not got this wrong but off top of my head im thinking I always take lower syn value on extra easy.. or most of the time im just looking it up online diary so selecting my extra easy day or looking at the syns in yellow book which gives the syns for extra easy aswell as the red and green... im yet to try red and green though think I understand it. i think im going to have to start success express tomorrow now as not sure ive done it correctly.. ive been snacking on mullers etc not on superfree.. Also I had some supernoodles (low fat sweet chili batchelors) and were amazed they were free on extra easy! they are sooo tasty (however i had them as a snack and didnt have any veg with them, they' be good to make in a stir fry but i guess i used them like a cupshotz as a quick snack.. this is not at all 'success express' i reckon lol I think success express requires extra focus and a whole fresh look at the plan ! as adding extra A's and B's if im not doing the rest right will def. not work common sense tells me that, but at least i know its up to 2A's and 2 B's and superfree snacks.. I guess you' use syns to make the meals.. less as snacksin their own right?

On Extra Easy you choose the lowest syn value and eat 1/3 superfree
On Success Express you choose the highest syn value, eat 2/3 superfree and only snack on superfree

This link explains it better:

Success Express

I have done SE a few times and it really works for me, i do EE and keep to 1 a 1 b no syns and 2/3 superfree, i couldnt do it for the whole week but last week lost 6lb my 21st week with Sw and had done 4 days Se, dont think that would happen every week! am going to see what happens this week straight ee week and may do it again for next week, just want to up the ante, going to a wedding in 3 weeks, new dress needs a bit less of me...

bridiegeorge said:
I have done SE a few times and it really works for me, i do EE and keep to 1 a 1 b no syns and 2/3 superfree, i couldnt do it for the whole week but last week lost 6lb my 21st week with Sw and had done 4 days Se, dont think that would happen every week! am going to see what happens this week straight ee week and may do it again for next week, just want to up the ante, going to a wedding in 3 weeks, new dress needs a bit less of me...

Having one a and b choice and no syns isn't following it. How can you do EE on SE, it's a different plan! That is on super strict EE but it isn't SE.

Ive just borrow leaflet and you are so right it is success express in its own right not any of they other plans.
we were given the wrong info at class and this is why it was so confusing so thank you for clearing this up

Back