Suffolk & Surrounding Weight Loss Surgery Support

Discussion in 'Meetings and Events' started by ditzyangeluk, 1 February 2009 Social URL.

1. ditzyangeluk

ditzyangeluk Full Member

Diet:
    RNY Gastric Bypass
    Are there any people that have had Weight Loss Surgery, or thinking about it in the Suffolk or surrounding areas of the UK?

We have friendly, informative meetings in Ipswich for anyone interested in Weight Loss Surgery, those that are pre-op, post-op, NHS or self-funded. They are informal 'get togethers' & general chat amongst people that have had or are seeking surgery

Support Group Meetings are held at the Belstead Arms, Radcliffe Drive, Ipswich, IP2 9NU from 1pm to 4pm on the first Saturday afternoon of each month (next meeting 7th February 2009)

You are welcome to bring a friend for support if you wish - along with any clothing, of any size, that you wish to pass on or sell.

Please drop me a line if interested or for further details [email protected] or check website www.freewebs.com/wls-ips

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lucyannp69

lucyannp69 New Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(25%)
    Diet:
    Banded 25th Feb
    Hi,
    I'm having a band fited on 25th February. I live just south of Ipswich and would be very interested in coming along to the next meeting. Could you let me know if you have anything planned?????
    Thanks

4. ditzyangeluk

ditzyangeluk Full Member

Diet:
    RNY Gastric Bypass
    Apologies for not posting sooner but the next meeting was in jeopardy due to a couple of people being unable to attend because of ops (one of whom was our bander!)

HOWEVER, all systems go ... our next meeting will be on the first Saturday afternoon of March which is the 8th, from 1pm to 5pm. (Usually at the Belstead Arms but this is to be announced for definite when confirmed!)

Our Bander will be there & he will be an invaluable sourse of information for you I am sure. Also, others that have had Weight Loss Surgery are more than happy to share experiences.

Please feel free to check out the website or email me direct Expose Email if there is anything I can help with or you require further information

5. ditzyangeluk

ditzyangeluk Full Member

Diet:
    RNY Gastric Bypass
  6. ditzyangeluk

ditzyangeluk Full Member

Diet:
    RNY Gastric Bypass
    WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY SUPPORT GROUP MEETING

Saturday 4th April

at THE BEAGLE, Old Hadleigh Road ~ Sproughton ~ Ipswich ~ IP8 3AR

from 1pm to 4pm
    For anyone interested in Weight Loss Surgery, those that are pre-op, post-op, NHS or self-funded
    Informal 'get togethers' & general chat amongst people that have had or are seeking surgery
    (You are welcome to bring a friend for support if you wish)
    Any ideas for meetings or 'chat', give me a hoy & please contact me at any time regarding any quetions you may have about the meetings or if you are coming along so I can look out for you
    At present our current 'regular meeters' consist of a Bander, 3 Bypassers (done at different places with different experiences post-op!) & a pre-opper! As well as 'dropper-inners'!! So quite a varied group!

7. ditzyangeluk

ditzyangeluk Full Member

Diet:
    RNY Gastric Bypass
    SUFFOLK ...

I used to run a Weight Loss Surgery Support Group in Ipswich but, due to lack of support from people and the 'professionals' I terminated. HOWEVER .. I have been thinking of starting up a POST Weight Loss Surgery Group for people who are a at least a year after surgery ... Any interest

8. marcusbm

marcusbm New Member

Hi,

I'm in Ipswich and am looking at attending a local support group. I expect to stay in Ipswich until February, my surgery is in 2.5 weeks (on pre-op now). It would be good to meet up with other 'losers' in the area.

Marcus

9. ditzyangeluk

ditzyangeluk Full Member

Diet:
    RNY Gastric Bypass

I am sorry but the support group no longer exists due to lack of interest and support, from people and the medical profession.

Very sorry

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.