sugar-snap peas?

Zebs07

Dance the positive spin..
Hey folks

Just realised peas are not allowed (im in cruise). Do they mean dried peas - like split peas? Or green peas like garden peas?

I havent been eating peas per-se but i have been munching on sugar snap peas - are they peas or under the green beans/mange-tout'ish category?? Ocht its a minefield and i do feel a certain amount of info clarification gets is lost in translation!

Also in for a penny in for a pound - i ordered some Dukan flavourings today on the assumption i can use however/whenever in cruise (am especially hoping to use the chocolate one with skimmed milk to make hot choc as i am missing my evening cup of 40cal options hot dark choc more than anything else!

But now i feel i better check first: Cud anyone confirm whether skimmed milk and/or the flavourings are tolerated or unlimited (within reason! Lol).my book says skimmed milk is unlimited but doesnt mention for drinking quantities just for cooking or cuppas quantities!

Ok .... Rambling ... Going going gone!!!

Morning,
Skimmed milk is fine on the diet. It's unlimited in attack, but in Cruise, it's limited to 1/4L per day (including drinks etc.) and needs to be counted as part of your 1L maximum dairy allowance. Many of us find that 1L far too much for weight loss, so it's trial and error really to find your personal dairy level.

The Dukan flavourings are supposed to only require that you use a drip or so, I believe, so no problem.

Peas are a no no... any peas... I looked up sugar snap peas, to be sure I wasn't answering wrongly, and it says they're a fatter version of mangetout (which are ok over here) with larger peas in! So long as we're singing from the same song sheet as to what sugar snap peas actually are, cos I wasn't sure what they were ;)

Maintainer said:
Morning,
Skimmed milk is fine on the diet. It's unlimited in attack, but in Cruise, it's limited to 1/4L per day (including drinks etc.) and needs to be counted as part of your 1L maximum dairy allowance. Many of us find that 1L far too much for weight loss, so it's trial and error really to find your personal dairy level.g it takes to

The Dukan flavourings are supposed to only require that you use a drip or so, I believe, so no problem.

Peas are a no no... any peas... I looked up sugar snap peas, to be sure I wasn't answering wrongly, and it says they're a fatter version of mangetout (which are ok over here) with larger peas in! So long as we're singing from the same song sheet as to what sugar snap peas actually are, cos I wasn't sure what they were ;)

Thanks so much :)

Re the pea thing! I'm still confuddled Pmsl! I though peas inside beans and mane-tout etc were peas hence my confusion! But I would def agree that sugar snap peas are big mange-tout which as u confirmed, are ok! Ocht much as im sure they're ok - ill maybe avoid them the now, till I get to conso (9.5lb to go lol) or simply buy mange-tout instead to be safe! Lol. Is just I'm keen on them cos. was simply making up a raw picky bowl and snacking on them!

I'm really chuffed about the flavourings tho and the skimmed milk - I may risk making a hot choc occasionally, say a sat night treat!

Thanks again for ur help and patience! Don't know where I'd be without ur invaluable advice xx

Im so glad you mentioned the milk. I didn't know it was 1/4L on cruise. Thats only 250ml. I sometimes have more than that with milky coffees. :-o x

We once had someone on the site whose weight loss was negligible and we scrutinised her menus and couldn't find anything. It was infuriating for her, and she kept insisting she was following the diet to the letter (which obviously seemed impossible). One day, she mentioned having a large Starbucks Skinny Latte. I googled it and saw that the particular (bucket?) sized latte was way over the daily milk allowance in itself!

So coffees out need some monitoring if the weight loss slows/stops. If you're losing well, don't worry for now.

Samjay, can you go onto our FAQ post and see how to update your statistics, so that we can follow your progress

Yes it seems to be okay now, but I'll deffinately keep and eye on it and just stick to whats allowed. Not a problem shall do that now x

slimdreamer said:
Zebs07, sugar snap peas aren't allowed. mange tout is allowed because the peas inside are very tiny. I too love sugar snap peas. :(

Oh gosh :(. Ive been eating them by the bagful - ooooops! Doh Bird strikes again! Tis interesting cos my losses did slow (in fact went up slightly over first week with them! Still i did drop after that and ovweall im happy so not gonna dwell on it ... Tis done now ... Onwards and upwards lol :)

Thanka again

Back