• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Sugar/sweetener alternatives

hexe

Hi all,

I have got to admit that, so far, I have not been able to find a good alternative to sugar in my cup of tea. Having tried all the artificial sweeteners I could possibly find in shops, they all taste horrendous in tea (I know, I am fussy). Apart from that I do not really wish to consume any more aspartame and its like than necessary. I pretty much waste most of my syns on sugar for 2 - 3 cups of tea per day and I just wish I could find a decent alternative.
I have bought agave nectar, which is ok, but still worth some syns.
Has anybody here tried natural sweeteners, such as Erythritol? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Jill x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
You might not find this that helpful but when I first started SW I couldn't stand the taste of sweetner but I perservered with it. I now use splenda which is made from sugar anyway and can honestly say I now prefer it to normal sugar.

Or try substituting 1-2 cups of tea with fruit or herbal tea? They take some getting used to but I really enjoy them now :)

I never thought i'd break my tea and 2 sugars habit but I did it becasue to me, normal sugar isn't worth the syns.

If it is to you then carry on using it and enjoy it :)

hexe

Thanks a lot for your answers.
I have limited myself to two cuppas of "normal"tea per day. 2 syns with white sugar, or 1 syn with agave nectar. I do drink a lot of unsweetened herbal and fruit teas and the occasional cup of coffee (do not take sugar in coffee either).
I really do not want to start a debate on articifial sweeteners (such as aspartame, sucralose & co), but I am keen to keep my and my families consumption of that stuff to an absolute minimum.
I have ordered some erythritol after researching it on the web and will give this a try.
Meanwhile I stick to the agave syrup, only 0.5 syns/tsp ;) I was a proper "coffee girl" until my pregnancy with my youngest child, maybe I should try to train my taste buds back on it? Well, will go and dig the perculator out. :)
Hope you all have a fab Sunday
Jill x