Summer Buffet Taster ideas please!

Can't recommend the SW KFC style chicken highly enough - did it the other night with skinless and boneless thighs and they were d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s!! xx

It's in the oven as we speak and it smells DIVINEEEE!!!

I had to use 3 slices of WW malted danish (need to find out if they are 2 or 2.5 syns a slice now so i can divvy up the syns) and it made 21 drumsticks exactly! Mrs V, you are a legend. I will post photos later.

The first batch is in the oven and the crumbs are kind of melding with the bovril making a sticky crispy KFC-looking glaze, is that how they're meant to look?

It's in the oven as we speak and it smells DIVINEEEE!!!

I had to use 3 slices of WW malted danish (need to find out if they are 2 or 2.5 syns a slice now so i can divvy up the syns) and it made 21 drumsticks exactly! Mrs V, you are a legend. I will post photos later.

The first batch is in the oven and the crumbs are kind of melding with the bovril making a sticky crispy KFC-looking glaze, is that how they're meant to look?

Sounds about right to me hun! xx

I jutht burnt my tongue on the firtht one out of the firtht batcthhhh! :-(

Yummy though.

Hahahaha!!!! Sorry...you are typing with a lisp!

Definitely right Hun!! They are really moreish, so beware!! Lol

Last edited:
Heh

they are 0.35 syns each! I should round that up to half a syn shouldn't I? Hmmm. I have had two as my lunch. No more now! Weigh in later, mustn't be full of SWFC!!

Good luck Hun!!
xxx

i miss KFC i need to try making these!!

not got a food processor tho :( whats next best to do grate the bread with a grater would that work??

X

I guess if it's stale enough it will grate. Fresh bread won't really grate too well.

Haha, er, two have disappeared. But twas LUNCH! And of course, had to test them for poison! :p

It's WI tonight and I feel bad enough having eaten them at all!

oooft looks AMAZING!

i am sooo coming along to your groups buffet this evening! lol

X

YUMMY! i am going to try making these :)

i wish our group did something like that!

if liverpool was a tad closer to Glasgow i would so be there HA!

gona have an attempt at making these later in the week - need me a food processor or some stale bread first!

X

Oooh...forgot about the KFC chicken - good idea! I was going to do chicken liver pate on pagen krisprolls and a veggie pasta salad but now I'm tempted to do KFC instead of pate!

Back