The road to having clothes that fit starts here!!

Pasta is good for cheap meals. Why don't you make some soup with your pulses too? They will be cheap, filling and free, and if you freeze them you'll always have something to eat :)

Hi Pippa

I think I'll do that for lunches, just make huge portions of soup, really does keep you going :)

Don't know what I did yesterday, but my leg is killing me today, was so distracted that I forgot to pick up my fruit for the day, so all I have in the office are 2 mugshots. I may have to brave going to the shop at lunch as there is no way that will get me through the day!

Tonight's dinner is going to be a fairly tradiutional pasta, as I fancy a break from pork. Just going to do a sort of puttenesca (not sure if that's how you spell it), we just call it red pasta sauce (inventive I know)

Red pasta Sauce
1 onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves crushed (we love garlic so you could cut this down)
1 yellow pepper, chopped
2 anchovies, chopped into tiny pieces (not sure the syns on a green day, any ideas, think it weighs in at about 5g, these ones are in oil but we pat them dry)
Handful of peas
400g tin of tomatoes
0.5 tsp Chilli flakes
1 tsp Mixed herbs
Balsamic vinegar
Worchester sauce

Very easy, just fry the onions is frylight untiul they start to go soft. If it seems to be taking a while, or you are in a rush, you can add some boiling water to the pan. Once the water evaporates, you should have soft onions, with all the flavour left in the pan. When the onions are almost soft, add in the garlic and peppers for about 2 minutes, then add the balsamic vinegar (I just slosh it in, but it's probably about a tablespoon). Let that reduce a bit (only takes about 20 seconds) then pop in the tomatoes, herbs, chilli flakes, anchovies, peas and a splash of worchester.

Let it simmer until it is fairly thick, season with salt & pepper if you need it, and add to some cooked pasta. I like to add my HEA of parmesan to the top.

You honestly don't taste the anchovies, but they add a bit to the overall sauce. You could leave them out if you liked.

Well, went to the shop, got myself some spaghetti hoops adn laughing cow blue cheese triangles, with tangerines for afterwards. Then a packet of Walkers Pops jumped into my basket, but at least at 5 syns they are a better choice than other things would have been.

For the last few months, my lunches have been cheese toasties with a bag of crisps and at least one chocolate bar, quite often 2, so feeling good that I managed to get to the shop and back with only 5 syns.

Todays Foods

Breakfast - nothing, slept in again

Lunch - spaghetti hoops with 2x laughing cow blue cheese triangles (HEA)
- Mediteranian mug shot
- Walkers Pops (5 syns)
- Tangerines

Snacks
Tangerines
May have a jelly (1 syn as Hubby has some too)

Dinner
Pasta with red sauce (1 syn?)
Tangerines

Can't believe I weigh tomorrow night...doesn't feel like a week since I started

Pasta was lovely, though turned out what I thought was a jar of anchovies was actually just a jar of the oil they came in, DH had kept it to add flavour!
Still, really enjoyed it, and will have some fruit later on.
A good day really, 5 syns in total and it included a bag of crisps :)

Attachments

• image-28073195.jpg
    image-28073195.jpg
    552.7 KB · Views: 38
Feeling down today, didn't have enough money to get the bus to work, so had to walk the 2 miles with my crutch for help, so now have a sore arm, shoulder and leg...but I guess it's good for me in some ways.

No idea what we are going to do for dinner tonight, we used the last tin of tomatoes last night, we are so used to having hundred we didn't realise we were running out!! I do have some syn free sausages in the freezer, but I'm on a green day again so I don't think I could have them. I may have to rummage in the cupboard and see if I have any mayflower curry sauce left hiding somewhere, and have chips & curry sauce with loads of onions...

I weigh in tonight when I get home, I did have a sneaky check last night which suggested there may be a 2lb loss this week, but not going to bank on that as I know my weight fluctuates hugely during the course of a week. I will focus on the fact that if I were to lose 1lb a week, in just over a year I would be at target. That is a huge things as we hope to start trying for a baby at some point in 2015, so I would really like to be at target before that, especially as I think it might be hard going.

Anyway, lunch today was my last mugshot, laughing cow blue cheese triangles (moral of the story, check that it is in fact a pasta mugshot before you add these, or you will have strange tasting sweet & sour...), banana and a tangerine.

Snacks will be more tangerines as I have loads at the moment.

I've had a mugshot with fruit and one HEA of laughing cow triangles...maybe an extra easy day would be a good idea. They are amazing sausages, flavoured with cajun & BBQ seasonings. Our local butcher goes to slimming world, and gave out a list of what was in them, which proved they were free. He has done a complete range of stuff, and it's so tasty, basically he was bored so experimented with his free foods and came up with them all.

2lbs off this week, so going in the right direction at least. Not had any syns today, would love to have some chocolate, might see how the evening goes

Next week I will aim to have all my healthy extras as really not done that this week.

My husband, Harry, works in a newsagents, and quite often has a secret stash of chocolate. I have no idea where he keeps it, but he surprised me with some occasionally. Last year I would go out the room and come in to a creme egg, it was amazing (although not for the weight)

Anyway, last night I had been dropping hints about wanting chocolate, and he didn't seem to be getting them. He had a look at my food diary about 9:30 when I finished it, went away and came back with 16 syns of cadbury's crispello, as he thought that was about the weekly syns I had left, what a sweetheart.

I didn't get much sleep last night, hip was so painful after all the walking, and normally this would be the type of day I would slip up on. I have a course tonight as well, so don't get home until after 10, and don't get a chance to have dinner until then either.

I have lots of fruit for breakfast, and planning on getting some sort of bread that is a HEB, and a tin of Heinz beans with sausages for lunch, mixed with my HEA of laughing cow. If I have a glass of milk, and some meat at dinner, that should give me all my healthy extras, and I might get some kind of crisps or a freddo as a treat.

I feel like I've had an unbelievably decadent lunch, to be fair it was as I've used all my syns for the day, but I know I'll not get a chance to use them at any other point, so thought I might as well.

Dreading the course tonight, it makes it such a long day, and I already feel like bed. Plus it's not exactly exciting (financial management), but will try and focus.

Breakfast
Coffee
Banana

Lunch
Wholemeal roll (60g, HEB)
Baked beans
Laughing cow triangles (HEA)
Freddo - 5 syns
Walkers pops - 5 syns

Dinner

Wholemeal pasta
balsamic
olive oil (HEB)
Parmesan (HEA)

I also have some tangerines to get me through until 10:30pm when I can have my dinner.

Last edited:
Back