The road to having clothes that fit starts here!!

Just home, dinner was simply whole meal pasta with my HEB of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and HEA of parmesan. So managed all my healthy extras and all my syns today which I think is a first :)

Just done our weekly shop, managed everything for £23! We got:
Whole chicken
Red onions
Garlic
Spring onions
Mixed peppers
Plums
Dried chickpeas
Dried butter beans
Red lentils
Green lentils
Quark
Fromage frais
8 tins of tomatoes
18 eggs
Chilli powder
Baked beans

We will roast the chicken today, then marinade each days allowance in whatever we want to have that night. The cooked meat really soaks up the flavour and makes it faster to cook during the week.

Just got a wonderful omelette made for me, 2 eggs, mushrooms, onion and my HEA of grated cheddar, was super tasty.

I did slip up though, had some crispy chicken skin from the chicken we roasted...

Well, not too bad a day, had 10syns of Jaffa cakes, and did have some chicken skin, but don't think I am over 15 syns, so happy with that.

Had a very basic dinner of some noodles with chicken and soy sauce, tasty and gave me my second HEB for the day.

Happy Mother's Day everyone

As both our mums are in a different city, it's really just another day for us.

I've got some lentil soup on the hob at the moment, smells great. I'll pop the recipe up once I've tasted it.

Brunch was cheesy beans on a wholemeal roll for me, and made Harry two fried eggs to go with his. I'm really enjoying my HEA at the moment, I do love cheese.

Tonight's dinner was a bit of an experiment, lemon chicken. It was nice, but didn't quite hit the spot, not sure what to change in the recipe though

LEMON CHICKEN (serves 2)
120g shredded cooked chicken
1 onion, chopped
Juice of half a lemon
0.5 tsp cornflour (1 syn)
1 tbsp soy sauce
0.5 tsp caster sugar (0.5 syns)
Noodles to serve

Mix the lemon juice with the cornflour, caster sugar and soy

Spray a frying pan with fry light and fry the onions until soft, then add the chicken shreds. Pour over the lemon mix and cook until the chicken is hot and the sauce has thickened a bit.

Serve on noodles

It was a fast dinner, I think it might be better with more lemon, maybe adding the zest, and also if I increased the sugar to 1 tsp. Still, for under 1 syn per serving, I'm happy with that.

So far I have also had 2 Jaffa cakes, and have a jelly in the fridge, so total syns for the day should be around 7.

I think yesterday I actually had 15 (4 Jaffa cakes and one double gin), slightly annoyed at myself for going over, but I forgot about the gin when I had the biscuits...oops! I might see if I can have a syn free day tomorrow to make up for it, I have so much lentil soup I think I can manage.

My experimental lentil dhal was a disaster, really tasteless. I think my spices may be getting old as there were loads in it, but it was unbelievably bland. Still ate it, but feeling totally unsatisfied.
Ended up having a KitKat chunky which at 13.5 syns is far more than I should have had, but TOTM, and made the conscious decision that if I only lose 1lb on my star week, then that's ok. I know if I don't allow myself some comfort food, I will binge badly, so on damage limitation.
Before SW, I was have 2-3 chocolate bars, at least one bag of crisps and food cooked in oils. I am still totally committed, and not rationalising my KitKat, but pleased to have had a managed approach to feeling rough rather than my normal.

Well, today is not a good day. I slept really badly as was trying to do without so many painkillers, but that didn't work out so well. I've had my soup and HEB wholemeal roll, but have just found out that Harry is out tonight, and is going straight from work. He normally makes dinner on a Tuesday, so I've not thought about what to have at all, and apparently he's not washed the dishes so I'll have to do them when I get home before I can cook anything. To be honest, normally on a day like this I would go home by the chip shop and get a take away, and I'm struggling.

I had my first physio this afternoon, and it's left me really sore as he did a bit of soft tissue work. Also explained a few things, which made me feel like I'm falling apart (significant muscle weakness, overly straight posture, weird walking style...), and in AF and I'm a bit of a mess.

Sorry for the moan, feeling really sorry for myself, and trying not to drown in a box of chocolate or chips...tomorrow will be better...

I have picked myself up, and hot myself back on track.

I somehow managed to lose 3lbs this week, no idea how with the rubbish I binged on, but that was then, and focused on having a brilliant week this week.

I've got much stronger painkillers from the doctor today, so that should help me get moving a bit more, and I have tuition courses all weekend, so will not be tempted by food. I have no idea if food is provided, but planning on taking a box of pasta salad with me so I know I will stay on track.

I am really looking forward to dinner tonight, making SW macaroni cheese. Going to use both my HEA to boost the cheese content, and both my HEB as adding prawns and bacon. Making the sauce with fromage frais, so I think it should work out totally free, apart from 2.5 syns for the crushed crisps I put on the top for crunch.

Back