Seryfyn 14lbs + 3lbs - 4
Lostris 10lbs STS
Nic 14lbs, - 5lbs, -2lbs
Carlzy 10lbs
crxrated 14lbs - iv lost nothing!!!! BOOOOOO
Vickydink 14lbs -2lbs - 1lb
Vodevil 14lbs. -1lb, -2lbs,
dani doot 10lbs

I know i shouldnt be but it motivates me when i see the lb i have lost but mind u clearly thats still not working cos the lb has gone back on :( I will try now not to weigh myself until my weighday and see how things pan out, will be hard tho not to get on scales...

i have the same prob vicky. i weigh myself at least twice a day, i really try not too, but thats easier said than done.lol. one day i was 10st 10lbs, then the other i was 10st 8lbs, now im back to 10st 10lbs??? very confuzzled.

So relieved its not me, not that you feeling like what i am is a good thing cos its not but u know what i mean. Its getting....on....my ... neeeeeeerves! x

Ohhh I know how you guys feel! I have fluctuations too sometimes, they creep me out if going the wrong way haha!!

Just think about it this way, those 2lbs can't possibly be fat! I highly doubt it gets stored that fast really...

xx

Well i know i lost this week on the official weigh and then i have put on a lb first thing ont he day after that... i have to lose lots this week to make up for the crappy feelings! x

GIRLS!!!!

I had this very problem this morning and a nightmare as I was going to work too ... I nearly cried...

Yesterday I stuck to mostly fruit and veg and stuck to 1200 cals... went for a two hr walk even the dog was worn out, went to bed feeling smug and happy, got up in the morning and ...guess what??? I have gained two lbs :cry::cry::cry::cry:... why? and thought why bother dieting... :(

I was so depressed travelling to work. I know you shouldn't weigh yourself each day but please someone tell me why? Is it because most of the cals are coming from bulkier materials like fruit and veg and it takes a while to work its way out of ones system so to speak... or perhaps gravity is stronger recently?

KD help us all out as we seem to be having the same problem. Bless us with your diet wisdom? :D

I suppose its a case of watch the cals and not the scales. But like Vicky seeing a lb come off is great motivation.

true it's great motivation! but look how much you're all beating yourself up about a tiny gain, that's probably just water or the food you've eaten, or clothes, but it can't possibly be fat!

i love watching the scales go down as much as anyone, and it's almost a little buzz when you stand on and wait for it to tell you you've lost.... but then when it tells you you've gained, you do wonder what the point in being so strict with yourself is. then look at your tickers - i've lost 11lb, which i certainly wouldn't have lost if i had given up the first time i regained just one. okay, i've still got 11lb to go, but the fact that i'm half way there shows me it's do-able!

i really do think it's unhealthy to weigh yourself too much - it feeds the obssession with food and makes you feel crappy. i actually look forward to my weigh day now, but i dont think about it constantly. i feel much more liberated without a set of scales calling to me from the corner of the bathroom!!

anywho, that's just me. i suppose whatever works for you is fine!

good luck with this weeks weigh-ins girls, and don't beat yourselves up if you gain - look at the bigger picture!!!

Preet 5lbs - 2lbs + 1lbs Booooooo
Seryfyn 14lbs + 3lbs - 4
Lostris 10lbs STS
Nic 14lbs, - 5lbs, -2lbs
Carlzy 10lbs
dani doot 10lbs

KD help us all out as we seem to be having the same problem. Bless us with your diet wisdom? :D

LOL. Sorry I missed this.

I suppose it would be a miracle if you did weigh the same each day. Are you sure you ate the same volume of food (ie, the same weight), drank exactly the same amount of fluid, sweated or exhaled the same amount during the night?

Did your food have exactly the same amount of salt in them...what? None at all? Any day?

If fat is released from fat cells, they sometimes gets replaced with water, though I don't know whether it's ongoing, or the water says "hey buddies...fat cells getting empty...charge!!!!" :D

What about your scales? How accurate are they? Do they say exactly the same if you stand on them 3 times in a row?

Hormones? Bless those lubberly hormones....they are there to teach you not to rely on scales :D

There's many, many reasons why this can happen, so you just have to keep on trundling. Weigh yourself daily if you wish. The scales aren't your friend, but neither are they your enemy. But however often you weigh, only treat at the most once a week as something worth noting down.

Oh...BTW, the average naturally skinny person does actually eat about the same volume of food each day. Calories may vary a lot, but the weight of food they eat is about the same from day to day. Thought I'd just add that little tidbit :D

Thanks for that KD and Rhuba!

It is interesting that naturally thin people eat the same volume but cals may vary, means that the body might not know that cals are subtracted and will drop some easily???

Thanks for that KD and Rhuba!

I only wish there was an easier answer, but alas, there aint :rolleyes:, but of course, fat doesn't move that quick. You would have to eat an awful lot to put on 2lbs of fat overnight....but water varies, which is why the scales are pretty c**p

It is interesting that naturally thin people eat the same volume but cals may vary,

Yes. It's called volumetrics. Even though ever successful diet works on the calories in vs calories out system, most traditional diets also use volumetrics. Less calories for the same amount of weight...such as food like fruit and veg. It's known, it's used, but people tend to talk more about the nutrients of the foods, rather than the volumetrics point.

means that the body might not know that cals are subtracted and will drop some easily???

As far as fat loss is concerned, the body always works with calories. After all, a calorie is only another word for a unit of energy. But the body will try and adjust weight (rather than fat) to keep it the same.

well today is my first weigh in since starting the challenge and ive lost 2lbs!!!!! yay!

Preet 5lbs - 2lbs + 1lbs Booooooo
Seryfyn 14lbs + 3lbs - 4
Lostris 10lbs STS
Nic 14lbs, - 5lbs, -2lbs
Carlzy 10lbs
dani doot 10lbs, -2lbs

:happy096: yay Dani!

Great ! Well done on your loss. The way it's looking now I'll likely have a 2-3lb loss this saturday if I stay a good girl <3 Hahah!

xx

Well done Dani!!

woop! well done! keep it up hun x

woop di doo, i lost 2lbs. which was a big relief after putting on last week and being at a bit of a stand still.

now for you other daily weighers... do i update up ticker and summer challenge details today OR wait till be weigh in day on tuesday...

i'd wait til weigh day hun - you may lose more!!

(and well done by the way. i, too am currently battling a plateau x)

Back